WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"I was around anyway.. and it was a really quick to cast spell..."

[sblock=OOC]
Please tell me once the mage armor spell duration has expired.

Active: Mage armor (1 hr)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects: -

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"Do not sell yerself short, lad. You were in the right place at the right time, and was able to affect a life. Not everyone is so enabled or willing to act." says the dwarven woman with as she pats the elf on his back.

"Let us hurry..." as she continues on with the others.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the group nears the gate that leads from one district to the next they see that it is clogged full of people. The crowd has almost come to a stand still as people press in towards what they hope is safety.

"Aiieeee!" a scream comes from behind the crowd and down the street, from where you just came from. In the press it is hard to turn and see what is going on (impossible for Marda).

"Arghhh!" another scream closer than the first. "Oh! Noooo!" a third and closer. This close you notice people who were coming towards the gate turn and flee in different directions, it looks like whatever is scaring them is coming towards...

*FLAP! FLAP!*

The sound of huge wings beating fills the air, they sound like huge sails caught in the wind. And then you see a shadowy shape, with bat like wings and as big as a house coming flying towards the crowd, the panic seems to follow in it's wake.

When it nears the burning building where Fantalass saved the woman you bearly catch a glimse of it's crimson hide. It flaps it's wings again to gain height and passes over the crowd trying to escape deeper into Gate Pass. And as it passes a panic erupts around the group and people begin pushing and shoving in every direction. You too feel terror start to grip you, and you try to fight it...

[sblock=OOC]
Ok I need Will saves DC 21 and if you fail you become paniced. Which for this it means you flee irrationally through the crowd and will be subject to the throng. If that happens you will need a Reflex save DC 12 or take 1d3 points nonlethal damage. So to make it easy you can list your saves in one big line at IC like this: 1d20+x;1d20+x;1d3 The first being a Will save the second the Reflex and the third the damage. After all that please post up based on your results. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

The panic fear that grips Fantalass also awakens unknown physical agility in the frail elf as he flees through the crowd with the speed of a cheetah and catlike agility.

[sblock=OOC]
Will, Reflex, Damage (1d20+3=4, 1d20+1=20, 1d3=3)

Active: Mage armor (1 hr)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 5/5, F +0,R+1,W+3

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects: Panicked

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik nearly shakes off the feeling of terror. Nearly. As his mind fights against the instinct of fear, his body falls into the habit anyway and the half-orc begins mindlessly shoving his way through the crowd, getting jostled and shoved by others. His eyes start to glaze over as red mist creeps into the edges of his vision. With a snarl and shake of his head, he throws off his ancestral fury, his body still gripped by the terror from above as he forcibly makes his way through the crowd.

[sblock=OOC]
The other filler bits were cool, but that was just cheap. DC 21 against 1st-levels? I needed to roll a blasted 19 to make that save.
And IC gave me an 18. Will, Reflex, damage: 20, 9,2. Grrr.
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron feels the fear grip his soul, as his mind races with thoughts. Another familiar feeling overwhelms it though, as the calmness washes over him, his mind clear and calm as the figure shadows them all. He stands defiantly while the others seem to cower with fear. "STAND YOUR GROUND!" he says to the half orc, knowing that he would need some assistance...

Drawing his sword, he points to the shadow, calling out, "BEGONE, FOUL CREATURE!"

WIL/REF/DMG (1d20+5=25, 1d20+3=14, 1d3=3)[sblock=Go Figure!] Imagine that! Good rolls outside of combat, crappy ones in combat... If possible, he would like to use his Inspiring Words ability, standard action, to grant the +2 bonus to Barrik, unless Marda seems to buckle as well, in which case he would use it on her first.
Inspiring Word(Sp)- 6/day: Standard Action, creature within 30' gains +2 morale bonus to attack, skill check, ability check and saving rolls for 1 (1/2 Class Level, Min 1) round. Usable 3+(WIS modifier) times per day.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
(( Will Save 22, Ref Save 7, Dmg 1d3=2 ))

Marda looks up and the beast above and in a whisper, "By the gods! I believe that was... a.. a dragon. I have heard tales, but never..." The dwarf feels an emanation wash over her. For a brief moment she feels compelled to flee, but her resolve holds her fast.

She looks to her companions and sees that the mage is fleeing into the crowd, along with the half-orc. She thankfully sees that Aaron is standing his ground and gives him a nod that she is fine. Marda looks for the surly elven lass to see if she is fine and ready to help should she also flee. (Inspiring Word to her if she is close...) After several more moments she attempts to track the elven mage.

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade, Elven Rogue

The petite elf gets swept away by the crowd like the paper-light slip of a girl she is. Her dark form slips beneath the surface of the heaving tide of bodies for a moment before she reappears quite a ways off in a random direction. There is of course no way the hardened young woman could be frightened by anything, so it must have been the crowd. A couple of the panicked cries sound wet and fatal near the perpetually angry rogue, and as she leaps onto some heavy boxes for a vantage point. The firelight catches the beads of fresh crimson dripping from her blades as she clears the bucking crowd.

Will=11, Ref=24

Panick attacks into the pressing crowd(1d20+3=11, 2d6+3=11, 1d20+1=7, 2d6+2=10, 1d20+3=5, 2d6+3=9, 1d20+1=11, 2d6+2=12, 1d20+3=18, 2d6+3=11, 1d20+1=11, 2d6+2=6)

OOC - its not evil if she's panicked :devil:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The crowd scatters in a panic and most of the group resist's the fear and stays near the now empty gateway to the next district. Barrik, Aaron, and Marda wait what seems like forever for the others to return, but it is really only about twenty minutes.

Fantalass looks unruffled as he and Catsy approach. As does Shade who has cleaned her blades and returned them to their sheathes. Torrent comes from back from near the wall and looks winded and holds her side as she approaches.

"Just got the wind knocked out of me, is all." She says with a hint of a smile and a laugh. "Guess I shouldn't stand so close to the wall. I felt like a piece of drift would thrown on the rocks."

She looks at everyone and after a couple deep breaths she asks, "Everyone's ok then? We need to go before whatever that was decides to turn around. Come on." She says heading for the open gate that leads to the next district and the depository.

[sblock=OOC] I will allow your use of the ability since Aaron has a higher Init modifier than Barrik. So he(Barrik) didn't run off scared just probably followed the flow of the majority. No damage to him. But Aaron and Marda should make sure to note one use of the ability for the day.
Roll Lookup - Torrent's rolls
Fantalass has 2 points subdual and Torrent has 3. No need to post unless you want to - Update tommorrow night.

Mage armor has about 15-20 mins left. WD[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda looks to Torrent, "We all seem well enough to continue." She continues out with their contact to rescue the gnomish contact, still trying to consider a way out of the city.

Remove ads