WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"Fine, what do we want to do next? To be honest, 'I will not be of great use, with most of my magic gone." Fantalass asks the others.

[sblock=OOC]

Updated!

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4
1 subdual damage

Acid Dart: 6/7 (+2, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
"We should see about getting some rest, unless there is an immediate way out of the city?" Marda says. "It has been a long evening, and I am sure there is more to come before we can make our escape."

She looks to the elf, "How were you and your companion to get out of Gate Pass?"

"We should get Torrent."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I wasn't going to leave," Larion says to Marda. "And I think Shaelis was just going to leave invisibliy. I'm not sure."

He casts about when Larion mentions Torrent and asks, "Does this mean I can go?"

[sblock=OOC] If the answer is yes he will gather up Shaelis's belongings and head down ahead of the group,, and you all can gather round Torrent with the case and a new companion from Barrik (and then we can advance to the morning after lvl ups).

If the answer is no we keep RPing ;). [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"Wait, was she a wizard? If yes, I want her spellbook. Learning the invisibility spell from it can become handy later on." Fantalass asks excited.

[sblock=OOC]

Really hope I get some cool new spells that way! Have we already searched them for useful magic items?

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4
1 subdual damage

Acid Dart: 6/7 (+2, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Finishing his prayer, Aaron stands, looking down at the body of the fallen woman and then back to Larion. "She did not have to die. Others will face the same fate, I fear in the days to come. If what you say is true, then we are somewhat looking for the same goal, yet travel different paths."

Moving to face Larion, Aaron hears the words of Fantalass and nods slowly. "Let her teachings aid us in her death. If there are personal items that you would have need to take, then do so. If there are items that we can use, then as Fantalass pointed out, we would like to take them and use them to defend our city."

Aaron looks at the man, and knows that he is being truthful. "Our goals need not take different paths, but they seem to be fated to do so. Should we cross again, know this; we are seeking to stop this war and to save our city. The Ragesian Empire and the Shining Lands of Shahalesti seem to have our fair city in its path. We are a free city, with no loyalty to either. We have spared your life, and I hope that you take this gesture as our good will. One has died, and that should also show you the resolve in which we will defend our city. I hope that should we meet again, it is on better terms. If there is no objection from the others, then you are free to go. But where will you go? What story will you tell of what happened here?"

Aaron awaits the answer from Larion.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Finishing his prayer, Aaron stands, looking down at the body of the fallen woman and then back to Larion. "She did not have to die. Others will face the same fate, I fear in the days to come. If what you say is true, then we are somewhat looking for the same goal, yet travel different paths."

Moving to face Larion, Aaron hears the words of Fantalass and nods slowly. "Let her teachings aid us in her death. If there are personal items that you would have need to take, then do so. If there are items that we can use, then as Fantalass pointed out, we would like to take them and use them to defend our city."

Aaron looks at the man, and knows that he is being truthful. "Our goals need not take different paths, but they seem to be fated to do so. Should we cross again, know this; we are seeking to stop this war and to save our city. The Ragesian Empire and the Shining Lands of Shahalesti seem to have our fair city in its path. We are a free city, with no loyalty to either. We have spared your life, and I hope that you take this gesture as our good will. One has died, and that should also show you the resolve in which we will defend our city. I hope that should we meet again, it is on better terms. If there is no objection from the others, then you are free to go. But where will you go? What story will you tell of what happened here?"

Aaron awaits the answer from Larion.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik looks intently down at the mark he scribed on the floor. He kneels at the now-glowing sigil and thrusts his hand into it, the appendage disappearing as if the floor was molten. The half-orc mutters some indecipherable and the muscles of his arm tense as he slowly pulls it out and stands. And as he stands, it becomes apparent he is holding some large canine by the scruff of its neck, pulling it out of the floor and the mark. No, the mark is no longer on the floor… It is on the beast’s forehead!

Barrik rises to his full height and the creature comes free of the clinging surface. He lets go, it dropping to the ground on all fours, eye snapping open and lip curling to reveal viciously pointed teeth. The creature is reminiscent of a wolf, but bulkier, and has a definite gleam of intelligence in its eyes. And its fur is the same gray-green color of Barrik’s skin as well as sharing his yellow eyes. The half-orc reaches down, saying something else and scratches the beast’s head, at which point the lip drops and it almost seems to smile. Barrik turns around to face the others, the creature at his heel, and the same mark now blazoned on his forehead, for all to see.

He looks at Aaron, going on about the ‘free city’ and ‘paths need not be different’ and grunts. “Give it a rest. We got what we needed. Now let’s get out of here before more trouble crops up.”

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Then go. Warn Torrent of what happened, should you care to flee. I await his answer and will be there soon.." Aaron ignores the half-orcs' cry for retreat, yet senses there are truth in his words. They did get what they came for, and there was trouble all around. Yet, there was a chance to gain information that may yet prove valuable in the future. At least, that's what he thinks...

[sblock=OOC] If that summoning takes a minute, then Aaron should be able to talk and get some answers during that time. His prayer was quick, for he simply wished her to reach her deities favor and soul be released.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Larion grimaces as he knells beside the dead wizardess, making sure to stay away from the pool of blood that incircles her.

He takes off her pack and belt pouch as the others watch. While he works he says, "If you are going to use the information in the case against the Rags, then I will tell everyone you fight for a noble cause. Also I will tell them that you only defended yourself against Shaelis." he stands and then remembers the wand and stoops to scoop it up.

Fishing out a few items he places them on the table as Barrik comes over with his new magical friend. After Araon's reply they both notice the elf has made a pile of items on the table including; a dark red spellbook with silver runes all about it, three potion vials, and the wand. "Here this may help you since you are fighting the Rags and you are more than welcome to it."

[sblock=OOC] anything else you wish to do be for I advance the thread? [/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron glances at the items, and moves to take the potions. Leaving the rest for the others, he answers Larion. "Go in peace. Barrik is right. We have what we came for and time is running out."

Turning to the stairs, he glances at the Half-Orc and his new summoned ally. Something was different about this one, as they were too identical in many ways. Time would tell of their story. He races down the stairs, meeting up with Torrent to fill him in on the happenings above and to see what their next step is.

Remove ads