WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalass is suffering badly from the cold, swearing to himself to cast a protection spell the next day.

[sblock=OOC]

Created a scroll of Mage Armor.

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4

Acid Dart: 7/7 (+2, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Mage Armor, Mount

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
( I assume Marda is fine with her endure elements spell cast? Good for -50 °F/-45 °C I had listed the spell as cast in my post on the 25th.)

Just before bedding down for the evening Marda moves over to Shade and hands the haughty elf the cold weather outfit that she had taken for herself. "Please, take this... for at least the evening. I shall be fine."

Marda will spend the night in relative comfort, within a blanket. Come the morning she spends her short time in prayer and then recasts her endure elements spell upon herself... She also casts another such spell upon Aaron. "Stay warm my friend."

[sblock=Status, Spells, and Abilities per day]Hit Points 16 / 16
Armor Class 20
Armor Class (Touch) 11
Armor Class (Flatfooted) 19
Combat Maneuver Defense 15 (+4 vs bull rush and trip while on the ground)

Spells:
0-level (3 per day) (DC 12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Stabilize
1st level (2 per day + 1 domain) (DC13): Divine Favor(d), Endure Elements (x2) (cast x2)

Channel Energy 1d6+3 (d+cha+half level) (DC 14) {5 / 5}
Inspiring Word (+2 morale bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 round) {5 / 5}
Touch of Glory (+1 to cha check) {5 / 5}[/sblock]

[sblock=Fangor for Aaron]
Learn 1 First Level Spell - (Choosing between Comprehend Languages, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Wrath, Magic Weapon or True Strike)

Suggestions... Divine Favor is a luck bonus and would stack with a moral bonus when Marda is able to cast bless (a morale bonus) over Wrath which is a morale bonus as well.
True Strike is nice, but you spend a round casting it for 1 hit.
Comprehend languages is nice if we meet up with different languages...
Expeditious Retreat could also be nice for extra movement[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The bitter cold of the second morning of the new year effects most of the group but is especially hard on Fantalass. The elven wizard shivers no matter how close he gets to the fire or how warm the furs are from his new gear.

The sun coming up is bright in a clear blue sky and Torrent mutters something about at least no new snow fell in the night. Although those who felt the cold the worst are still a little fatigued this morning everyone manages to saddle up their mounts and follow behind Barrik and his eidolon as they head for the warmth of the fire forest.

[sblock=OOC] Ok anyone who took non lethal damage is fatigued. (Can not run or charge and -2 STR and DEX.) Mal would have taken his damage in the night before waking and having the endure elements spell casted on him. Spell doesn't say anything about remove a current condition.

Now as I asked in the OOC please post up a complete stat block with Ride and Perception added in. And you all may RP as you ride, Torrent is a little distracted and tight lipped at the moment. Things won't get ugly till a few hours after you started out. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik tries to massage his muscles, afflicted by the cold as he is, even as he sits in the saddle. The half-orc grumbles a few words and the strange beast near him gives a few short, harsh barks, tongue lolling out the side of its mouth like a happy dog. The creature keeps pace with its master's horse, occasionally lifting its nose to the air and sniffing.

[sblock=OOC]
If within those few hours, we get out of this cold, I at least may recover from Fatigue. Until then, though, my stats and checks are as follows:

AC 15, FF 14. HP 20/20 (1 NL, Fatigued)
0-level spells unlimited. 1st-level spells: 0/3 used today.
Summon Monster 1: 0/4 used today.
Perception +0, Ride +4.

Eidolon stats:
AC 16, FF 14. HP 22/22
Scent.
Perception +5. Not riding.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalass prepares a bit better for the next day.

[sblock=OOC]

Cast Endure Elements as soon as possible.

Ride: +1

Perception: +7

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4

Acid Dart: 7/7 (+2, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Endure Elements, Mount

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Seeing most of the others hurting from a cold night's sleep, Marda reaches down and grasps her holy symbol and quietly calls upon Gracenyes' will, "Give us strength to fight back the biting cold that we may deal with lay ahead." The small group is awash with holy energies (Channel Energy 1d6+3=7)

[sblock=Status/Spells/Abilities]
Hit Points 16 / 16
Armor Class 20
Armor Class (Touch) 11
Armor Class (Flatfooted) 19
Combat Maneuver Defense 15 (+4 vs bull rush and trip while on the ground)

Perception +7
Ride -5

Spells:
0-level (3 per day) (DC 12): Create Water, Detect Magic, Stabilize
1st level (2 per day + 1 domain) (DC13): Divine Favor(d), Endure Elements (x2) (cast x2)

Channel Energy 1d6+3 (d+cha+half level) (DC 14) {4 / 5}
Inspiring Word (+2 morale bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws for 1 round) {5 / 5}
Touch of Glory (+1 to cha check) {5 / 5} [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Marda's magic heals everyone affected by the nights cold. They feel alot better and no longer tired or lethargic. Smiling Torrent says to the everyone, "Mount up! We could be near the Fire Forest in the morning where we need not worry about freezing to death."

The mountain road leads on through thick pine and evergreen forest for most of he day. After a brief stop to rest the horses the group sets out once more and reaches a pass set between to sheer and fairly tall mountains. The trip is cold and a slight flurrying of snow starts falling from the grey clouds above the travelers.

Looking about the road isn't much more than a long dried out stream that probably once cut through the mountains to the valley of Gate Pass. At it's widest it is perhaps ten yards and brown shrubs grow here and there against the mountain walls.

It isn't long before you are deep into the pass with it's high walls of stone looming. Marda pulls up her pony with a start, sawing at the reins causing the poor beast to paw at the air in front of it.

"Up there!" she yells as she notices a figure up along an edge.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The warning comes to late, the figure who is not alone steps up and throws something small at the group. Followed by his partner doing the same.

The tiny stones land wide behind the group and explode with an amazing...

BOOM!.. BOOM!

The horses whine and rear and then bolt away from the noise galloping almost two hundred yards away before any of the riders can even attempt to rein them in.

[sblock=OOC] Going to auto fail everyone's first ride check to get things rolling sorry. The group as one is now far down the narrow pass. You need to make a DC 10 Ride check to stop your horse from continuing on if you wish. And roll an init check for me so I will know when your action takes place. [/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron quickly calls out to the rest, his steady words bringing about a sense of slight calmness to this chaotic situation. "Hold fast to the reins!" (Inspiring Word for +2 to skill checks, ability checks, and saving rolls for 1 round)

He attempts to calm his own steed, showing the others how to rein in the frantic beasts.

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade, the Elven Rogue

ride (1d20+2=6)

Shade can't seem to control her horse at all and gets carried wherever it happens to be headed. Careening down the canyon, the stream of elvish obscenities blur together like the unintelligible wail of a banshee.

Initiative (1d20+3=7)

OOC - Wow 2 fours in a row. Better now than in combat i guess.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases