WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda calls forth energies of Gracenyes...

((Channel Energy 1d6+3=6 Exclude Renard ))

The dwarf spurs her mount forward to meet their new foes head (normal movement of the mount)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Seeing the foe, and his obvious powers, Aaron calls to the others, "Kathor has magic. Marda and I can take him out, keep the other two foes busy..."

With that, he nods to Marda, as her healing washes over him. "Give up now Kathor, or feel our wrath..."

He casts his own protective spell, as he also channels the power within himself. A faint aura brings forth his own shield, ready to deflect the advancing enemy. What else is not seen is that another layer of protection surrounds the warrior.

[sblock=Actions]
Move with horse at normal speed and keeping next to Marda for Bodyguard Feat (If adjacent ally is attacked, use AoO against foe to grant ally +2 to AC)
Standard action for Shield of Faith +2 AC
Swift Action for Judgment - Protection for another +1AC. AC now 20, and will increase next round to 21.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik snarls at the prone man, the eidolon mimicking the sound. The half-orc turns to face the newcomers and casts his own spell, a golden-white shield appearing for a moment before fading from sight. Barrik says something in a fluid, almost ethereal tongue and the eidolon nods, then the half-orc wheels his horse around to face the new riders.

[sblock=Celestial]
Guard this one. Tear his throat out if he tries anything. Good boy.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Standard to cast Shield and give me +4 AC, too. ;) Then Move the horse toward the new foes. Eidolon Readies to attack Renard if he gets to his feet.

AC 20, FF 18 (+4 bonus from Shield, lasts 2 min). HP 20/20
0-level spells unlimited. 1st-level spells: 1/3 used today.
Summon Monster 1: 0/4 used today.

Eidolon stats:
AC 16, FF 14. HP 22/22
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Marda releases her healing energy to save the horses as well as healing the bruises suffered by Aaron. She then moves towards the newest threat.

As they join her both Aaron and Barrik ready themselves for the upcoming fight. Both casting spells before joining in beside Marda.

Shade wheels around as gracefully as if she were born in the saddle, and drawing her dark blades she to moves in line with the group.

Torrent and the crossbowman trade parries and then both suddenly feel the tension in the air. They step back from on another and look to see the two groups of horseman facing off.

Fantalass stays behind the line but is ready.

Kathor reins in his restless horse for only a moment and as it dances he gives a nod to the two horseman beside him. They kick their mounts and rush forward Kathor a half second behind them.

Before reaching the groups line the two horseman cross paths as if to try throwing the group off as to what they are doing. It is a senseless show boating maneuver and does nothing to deter the warriors. And as Kathor comes in from behind the two horseman as the split off he raises his great sword high. He brings it down on Barrik and everyone can see that the blow is a mighty one.

*KRINGGG*

But the blade bounces of the invisible bearer that now protects the half-orc.

Renard watches on in shock.

[sblock=Combat]
Posted in init order and the horse below your character is the one they are riding.

Code:
Character     AC  HP  InHand/Condition
Marda         20  16  waraxe/none
horse         11  15  none/none
Torrent       15  [COLOR=Yellow]24 [/COLOR] b.axe/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR];8hp NL
horse         11  [COLOR=Red] [COLOR=White]4[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=White]  n[/COLOR]one/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
Crossbowman   15   6  sap/none
Aaron         [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]20[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Yellow]17[/COLOR]  b.sword/[I][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]shield of faith;judgement-protection[/COLOR][/I]
Shade         16  18  swords/[COLOR=White]none[/COLOR]
horse         11   [COLOR=Orange]5[/COLOR]  none/none
Barrik        [COLOR=MediumTurquoise]20[/COLOR]  20  falchion/[I][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]shield[/COLOR][/I]
horse         11  [COLOR=White]15  no[/COLOR]ne/none
eidolon       16  22  none/none
Renard        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]20[/COLOR]  [COLOR=Yellow] 8[/COLOR]  none/[I][COLOR=Yellow]prone[/COLOR][/I];[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]TotalD[/I][/COLOR]
horse         13  [COLOR=Red]-1[/COLOR] none/[COLOR=Red][I]stable[/I][/COLOR]
Fantalass     11   8  none/none
horse         11  [COLOR=Orange]10[/COLOR]  none/none
Kathor        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]21[/COLOR]  24  g.sword/[COLOR=RoyalBlue][I]shield
[/I][/COLOR]horse         11  15  none/none
Horseman1     17   [COLOR=Yellow]6[/COLOR]  TFbag/none
Horseman2     17  11  TFbag/none
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Marda - channel energy = healing 6 pts.
Torrent - attack/miss
Crossbowman - attack/miss
Aaron - cast shield of faith, judgment protection
Shade - draw swords
Barrik - casts shield(perfect timing)
eidolon - ready action - attack if Renard moves
Renard - total defense
Fantalass - ready action, acid dart - casted same round attack/hit dmg = 5
Horseman1&2 - maneuver & none
Kathor - spirited charge attack/miss
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Guantlet3.jpg
    Guantlet3.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda atop her mount grants the dwarf much more maneuverability than she could have alone. To Aaron, "All yours then... I have the one to the left."

The dwarf then comes up alongside one of the outside men of the trio before them. As the mount stops, she swipes across with her axe... (At #1, as he is on Marda's side)

[sblock=Actions]
Move 50ft (mounts movement)
Attack #1 1d20+4=23
Damage 1d10+3=8

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik cracks a toothy smile as his magic protects him. "Something in your way, human?" he asks mockingly. Taking in the foe's superior armor and evident spell, the half-orc brings his falchion around on the horse, expression changing to a grimace.

Meanwhile, the eidolon circles the fallen man, growling deep in its throat. The strange beast seems torn between its orders and its "instincts" to protect its master...

[sblock=OOC]
Standard attack against the horse Kathor is riding. Eidolon circles around Renard to the square 1 below/south of him.

AC 20, FF 18 (+4 bonus from Shield, lasts 19 rounds). HP 20/20
0-level spells unlimited. 1st-level spells: 1/3 used today.
Summon Monster 1: 0/4 used today.

Eidolon stats:
AC 16, FF 14. HP 22/22
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
His own steed still in the fight, Aaron watches as Marda takes out one of the riders. There were only Kathor, one more rider, and the crossbowman to deal with as threats. His steed moves forward just enough to allow Aaron an attack on the flank of the foe, as he spies Shade opposite him. Knowing she will get her chance, Aaron bides his time.

"Surround him!" he calls out, hoping to trap Kathor and bring him down with sheer strength in numbers.

Aaron delays slightly, and allows Shade to act first. Should she move to flank Kathor with himself, then he will take the opportunity to attack the foe while flanking. Either way, Kathor would be assailed from hopefully every angle soon enough.

[sblock]Actions:
Horse 5 foot step south, allowing flanking possibility should Shade also move 5 foot south.
Ready attack on Kathor after Shade's initiative.
Attack Kathor with Bastard Sword
AC now at 21, and will go to 22 next round.
Attack not taking Flanking into account, in case Shade does not flank.
Swing and a miss!!![/sblock]

Remove ads