WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik whistles at the sum. "That explains the desperation to take us." He stretches one arm out and scratches his back before eying Shade. "Now put those blades down and choke your acid back. We won't be killing unarmed foes who have surrendered, as long as they behave well. The way you carry on, I could almost swear you were half-elf... and half-harpy."

He looks over his shoulder at Renard and frowns. "Fantalass, would you mind grabbing the weapons off that archer? If he tries anything, my friend there will deal with him."

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

Fantalss does as Barrik asks.

[sblock=OOC]

Is it a normal or a composite bow?

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4

Acid Dart: 4/7 (+2, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Endure Elements, Mount

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda watches over the threats and conversation with the captives... She will dismount and move over to give Torrent some aid from the nasty hit form the crossbowman before he surrendered, "Let me see to that." She touches the wound and prays to Gracenyes, and the wound knits closed (( heals 1d8+1=5 hps)) "That looks much better."

The dwarf seems to think before offering up a question to the group, "Question is what do we do now... We need to be on our way to where we are going, and I do not have any desire to drag them along. If we let them go, they will likely regroup and follow. My suggestion is tie them up and leave them. Might not be the best of options, but gives them a chance at freedom they do not serve and us the time we need to put as much distance as we need to from them."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"You might as well slit are throats if you leave us out here weaponless against any attacker and without any protection from the cold." Kathor says angrily. He takes noticeable hold of himself before continuing.

"You may not take my word for it, but what if I were to promise to not pursue you and your friends. And since you have won this fight the spoils are yours, but I was wondering if it were possible if I could buy some of them back from you?"

Torrent hrmphs at the proposal as Fantalass walks over closer to the group the bowman's quiver and bow in hand.

Dragonwriter

First Post
The half-orc snorts as he considers the possibilities again. "Can you hold the others of your crew to that promise? I suppose you are correct about the weapon situation... I wouldn't mind letting you buy back that greatsword of yours. Looks like a fine blade, and I don't think any of us can use it. But come to think of it, I do have a way to make sure you are kept somewhat safe, and we have a set of eyes on you." The half-orc whistles again and the gray-green wolf-thing rises from its sitting position. "My friend there can go some distance from me, but we can stay in contact. He'll go with you as far as he can, make sure you stay safe as long as he can, and make sure you don't draw steel or try to follow us as long as he is around. You'll still be without horses, though."

[sblock=OOC]
Eidolon can travel 10,000 feet from the Summoner. Almost two miles. Gives us a decent head start (plus horses) if they go back on this, and I can just re-summon my eidolon when he vanishes (or tomorrow, either way). We have constantly-available telepathic communication, so I'll know if they try anything. :)
[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade lowers her blade with a look of utter disgust in her icy eyes. "We can leave these unbalanced, crude hunks of metal and wood a mile or so down the canyon with a couple blankets. It'll give these mercenaries a chance to get back to their hovels alive, if that will stop this incessant simpering, so we can get back under way. I'd rather not spend another night in these mountains if we don't have to."

She dismounts and yanks him off his mount. "I will be taking one of these horses however as your thugs have injured mine. And we'll even help you out by unburdening your saddlebags of any heavy coin that might slow your return to whatever rock you crawled out from under." She strips the non-essential gear off an uninjured mount and replaces it with her own.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron keeps his gaze on the armored man, knowing that should the foe present himself as a threat, he would join in slaying the enemy. When the man speaks of not chasing them anymore, this does bode ill to him. "Who are you to simply walk away from 10,000 gold so easily? What are you not telling us? Those red armbands... what do they signify and who is ordering our deaths? if you WERE to have succeeded, then where were you to take the magic users?"

A plan forms in his mind, but the luxury of time was not on his side... Perhaps more information is needed...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Not able to spend one gold piece much less ten thousand if I end up dead and in a ditch." Kathor says. "I have the feeling you all are the type to let us go."

He glances over at Shade. "Or stop those who wouldn't from doing us in. But if you leave us out here unarmed and without a horse or two, even the hurt ones, than you have killed us all the same just not as quick." He acts like he is remembering something awful and shudders a bit.

"Nobody order anyone's death. It's why I ordered my men to target the horses with the bows, and use their saps on you. You are worth more alive. The red armband identifies us The Black Horse Bounty Hunters. And we were to wait for an Ragesain Inquisitor to come and collect you, that's all I know."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"For the record, I'm not going to stop anyone from maiming them. But we need to keep moving. So, whatever you want to do, do it fast." Fantalss simply says.

[sblock=OOC]

Is it a normal or a composite bow?

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4

Acid Dart: 4/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Endure Elements, Mount

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aaron accepts the answers and examines the gear and weapons. If there is anything worth taking, he will make use of it....

"Looks like we leave them. Take what we need, leave enough for them to fend for themselves. Fantalass is right, we need to move..."

OOC - Anything worth taking?

Remove ads