WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda goes about gathering up whatever the group needs... making sure supplies are secured... mounts not injured enough to loose any ground when the group moves out.

As the others are talking to Kathor the priest casts a quick detect magic away from the group before moving back over and looking over any of the gear taken and currently on the baddies.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
While Shade, Barrik and his eidolon guard the prisoners. Marda, Torrent, and Aaron gather up the horses and equipment. Fantalass looks on in slight inpatients, the mentioning of the Ragesain Inquisitor probably having something to do with his wanting to hurry.

It takes several minutes during which time Shade spots two more men trying to sneak up on the group.

"Hold they are the lookouts." Kathor says as she turns to deal with them. "Drop your weapons men," he calls out. "We want no trouble with this group, we just want them to go on their way."

The two men comply and then are ushered over to be guarded with the other three.

After everything is collected and sorted the group has a large pile of weapons and a small pile of magical potions fetched out of some saddle bags. The strange part is there is no "normal" gear. No bedrolls, or waterskins, flint&steel, or even a whetstone.

When asked about that Kathor says evenly, "We have a base camp around the next bend in a alcove of sorts, with everything else in it. How about a deal? Leave us with three wounded horses, two bows, and four arrows each, my fathers sword plus the saps for weapons. And allow one man to go back to camp for blankets and food and you can have everything else. I'm sure you won't take it all just leave it at the camp for some poor traveler or something. Once my man returns with the food and blankets to fight off the cold we will mount up and head back to the city and you can head... on your way also."

He looks on hopeful.

[sblock=Sense Motive DC0] He is telling the truth it seems like he just wants this failed encounter to be over as quickly as possible. Perhaps he is thinking of a way to profit off of it in another way that doesn't involve your capture. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] No gear list yet as you might get stuff from the camp to and wish for it to all be together for linking purposes. Short list not complete is - two bows, two crossbows, 5 saps, 2 tanglefoot bags, a mw short sword, a mw greatsword, 3 potion vials, and a bunch of arrows and bolts. Oh and one of the "new" prisoners has a signal horn (1gp, 2lb.)[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Marda comments to the others, "Not much of note, and we are already loaded. I propose, we take everything we collected stick it on a few horses and take it down the road a short ways and leave it. Gives us the time so we can move on while ensuring we are not followed or the like, and we do not let these people die. Either way, I want to be on the road shortly."

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass

"Good plan. But I will keep a bow and some arrows." Fantalss says nodding.

[sblock=OOC]

Is it a normal or a composite bow? (I hope normal...)

---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP 8/8, F +0,R+1,W+4

Acid Dart: 4/7 (+3, 1d6+2) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Acid Splash, Dancing Light, Detect Magic, Message
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Endure Elements, Mount

Effects:

XP: ?

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Both are mw composite longbows no STR requirement. [/sblock]

Torrent looks dubious and you can tell she is thinking hard about this plan. "Why not send them on their way back to the city. I don't think I want them following to get their equipment back I say we take the horses up to that first bend and smack them hard and let this lot chase'em."

"If they can't catch'em than it's no fought of ours." She sighs "Guess we will need to get some of their blankets I'll go you all load up here."

[sblock=OOC] If you all wish I am ready for an advance that will have the Black Horseman running down the way the group came from and you all headed in the opposite direction. will give everyone time for a ready to go and to let me know what you take from the tentative equipment list. [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik shrugs. "I suppose that would work, too. As long as you can keep the others to this little promise, not to come after us again," he says, eying Kathor up and down.

The half-orc sheathes his falchion and whistles sharply. The eidolon walks over to the group, snarling at the lookouts and crossbowman. The beast then rasps out a handful of words...
[sblock=Draconic]
"Look at the silly humans. Can't ever get things done fast, must talk and talk. Should kill leader."[/color
[/sblock]

Barrik frowns at the wolf-thing, eyes seeming to bore into its fur. It sits on its haunches again and looks away.

[sblock=OOC]
I suggest we take the potions and tanglefoot bags.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Right then let's get this done," Torrent says. She points to one of the lookouts with her stained axe. "Come on if you want something to keep you warm tonight."

Torrent leaves with the man and the group stands off to the side to wait and discuss what they can afford to take.

[sblock=OOC] Soon as everyone gives me an ok I'll advance the thread. [/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Let's move then. Potions are coming with us..." he says, waiting for the others to get ready to head out to the camp and see what else to take. He does inspect the longbow though, turning to the others and asking, "Anyone care to take a longbow? I could use one..."

Other than that, he heads out with Torrent, intent on making it to the camp to see what else these hired thugs had in store.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases