WotBS - Scouring of Gate Pass

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik whistles and points to Torrent, then at the guy trying (Emphasis on trying, he thinks with a chuckle) to hurt her. The golden dog barks once and steps aside to try chewing on him. "A little assistance for you, milady," the half-orc calls out with a grim smile.

He steps a little closer to the door, shouting, "You can take this chance and run, fools, or stay and die. Because there's no way you are collecting this bounty!" He assumes a guarded stance, falchion ready to sweep wide if either of the thugs outside tries to come in and stab him.

[sblock=OOC]
HM, my dog can't Trip. Just a Dog, not a Wolf.

Dog takes 5-ft. step east, closer to Torrent, to flank with her and bite the guy. Or at least, should provide flanking, I do believe. Barrik takes 5-ft. step South-West, putting him near the flames and covering the door and goes for Total Defense, raising AC to 20.

Dog's attack against the thug is +2 (+2 more if considered flanking) for 1d4+1 damage.

Barrik AC 20 (temp, normal 16), HP 12/12
Cantrips: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Mending, Read Magic
1st-level (0/2 cast): Enlarge Person, Shield
Summon Monster I: 1/4 cast.

Celestial Dog AC 13, HP 4/6
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
((OOC I would have moved the other way, but no matter... Is it possible to move over a prone opponent who is trying to run away? Everything I have seen says no, as you cannot move through an enemies square without acrobatics. But at the same time, it is not that hard to step over person on the ground. I would even take an AoO from him... ))

Marda moves to the door and looks down at the prone foe. "You were given the opportunity to run, you should have taken it."

[sblock=Actions based on above...]If Marda can step over him she does so in a double move to get close to #5...

If not... attack the prone foe as he is still a threat. To hit 1d20+3=17 Damage 1d8+3=7[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade, Elven Rogue

Shade is already on the move as her bloody and blackened rapier blade slides effortlessly out of the scout on the stairs. She rolls up onto the bar and back to her feet just in time to jump back down on the eastern side of Torrent, weapons ready for the thug before her.
[sblock=Actions]Double move across the bar. Acrobatics (1d20+7=24)[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Moving to the base of the stairs, now that it is vacated, Aaron watches the top, waiting for more foes. It would seem that Barrik had the front door taken care of, and the masked one was aiding Torrent. The other elf seemed a little lost in battle, but perhaps his specialty is elsewhere.

"Marda, watch the front door. I got the stairs..."

Turning his attention back, he awaits more foes to judge...[sblock=Aaron's Action] Aaron will take his 5 foot step, and ready his attack for any foe that comes within his reach. +7 to hit, 1d10+3 dmg if it hits. Not much else to do, as I think the rest have it covered.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End of Round 3

Marda moves quickly to guard the doorway, even as Aaron calls out. Cacthing one of the thugs at the doorway, she reminds him. "You were given the opportunity to run, you should have taken it." and then takes the man out of the fight.

Barrick sends his hound towards the bandit attacking Torrent but the man moves quickly, knowing he is about to be surrounded. And the Barrick steps a little closer to the door, shouting, "You can take this chance and run, fools, or stay and die. Because there's no way you are collecting this bounty!" Adding to the message from Marda. He assumes a guarded stance falchion ready to sweep wide.

The celestial hound and Torrent both move to slow to catch the last thug as he fights for his life and starts to head for the side door. Only Fantalass in the way, the mage starts to raise his finger to cast a spell but the thug is quicker. A knee to the stomach and then a blow across the head with his pommel, sends the elf to the floor gasping for breath and seeing nothing but stars.

Aaron is also seeing stars, but these are in a cloudless night sky through a hole in the ceiling at the top of the stairs. The landing is ablaze, and the young warrior doesn't hear or see anyone moving. The way looks clear and he knows his help is needed elsewhere.

Shade comes rolling across the bar and in a fluid motion lands and has her weapons at the ready all at once. The thug across the table looks even more determined to get away from this battle.

[sblock=Combat]
Code:
[U]Character               AC  HP  InHand/Condition[/U]
Marda                   19   [COLOR=white]8[/COLOR]  mace&shield/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Barrik                  16  12  falchion/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Celestial Dog           13   [COLOR=#ffff00]5[/COLOR]  na/none (3/10 rounds)
Thug1                   15 [COLOR=red]-10[/COLOR]  s.sword/[COLOR=red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
Thug2                   15   6  s.sword/none
Fantalass               [COLOR=royalblue]15[/COLOR]   [COLOR=red]-3[/COLOR]  none/magearmor;[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless;[/COLOR][COLOR=yellow]stable[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Aaron                   17  [COLOR=orange]11[/COLOR]  b.sword/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Scout3                  15 [COLOR=red]-[/COLOR][COLOR=red]10[/COLOR]  sap/[COLOR=red][I]dead[/I][/COLOR]
Shade                   16   9  raiper&s.sword/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Scout4                  15 [COLOR=red]-10[/COLOR]  sap/[I][COLOR=red]dead[/COLOR][/I]
Torrent                 15  [COLOR=orange]14  [/COLOR]battleaxe/[B][I][COLOR=cyan]bless[/COLOR][/I][/B]
Thug5                   15   6  s.sword/none
Thug6                   15  [COLOR=red]-6[/COLOR]  s.sword/[I][COLOR=red]dying[/COLOR][/I]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
RECAP:
Marda - kills thug #6
Barrik - 5' step total D-
Celestial Dog - misses
Thug1 - dead
Thug2 - hits Fantalass
Fantalass - spell never casted; stabilized
Aaron - 5' step - ready action - Note: Aaron notices nobody could come from that way to much fire.
Scout3 - dead
Shade - great move across the bar
Scout4 - dead
Torrent - misses
Thug5 - moves; yells for reinforcements
Thug6 - dead

ROLLS:
Roll Lookup - dog att
Roll Lookup - thug#2 att
Roll Lookup - Con check to stabilize = Fantalass
Roll Lookup - Torrent's att

TOP OF ROUND #4 [/sblock][/QUOTE]

Attachments

• PAP4.jpg
    PAP4.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Amended Action... Marda looks at the door and can hear the man calling for help and she can see that the elf is down seems torn on what to do for but a moment. She looks to Barrick and asks, "If ye and yer summoned beast can stop the man outside, I am sure it will help our escape."

She looks to Aaron, "A little help out front my friend."

The dwarven woman moves up to the foe still within the barroom, "Ye really should have left when I gave ye the chance my good man." She strikes out with the heavy mace ((1d20+3=11 to hit )) She brings her shield up for protection until she can act again.

[sblock=Action I wanted to take but realized I could not get there]

Not sure if you will let me keep the roll or not, it was a nice heal, that never happened. *grumbles*

Marda looks at the door and can hear the man calling for help and she can see that the elf is down seems torn on what to do for but a moment. She looks to Barrick and asks, "If ye and yer summoned beast can stop the man outside, I am sure it will help our escape."

Her gaze passes to Aaron and motions to the body of the first thug that entered the room and that is now on the floor besides the flames, "Search him if you will, it may turn up something useful for later."

She at the side of the elf and she is relieved that he still draws breath. She kneels placing her weapon at his side and calls to her god clutching the silver symbol about her neck while placing a hand upon the elf's chest, "Gracenyes, revive our friend, that he may carry on the fight." There is a silver blue glow about the dwarf's hand and the Fantalass feels a slight burning as the wound knit itself together.

(( Cure Light Wounds (convert Command into) heals 9 points of damage ))
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Shade, Elven Rogue

As the cleric blocks the thugs escape, pinning him behind the table, Shade defly glides around the eastern side of the table into flanking position. She makes it look easy as she jabs him under the arm, sending a river of blood gushing to the floor. "That's right you feculant whores. You would have lived to see the enemy arrive if you had just scrapped your pathetic little plan this night and gotten drunk instead. Now you ape-spawned cretins, your rat-raped corpses can be loaded into the ballistas for the seige that will begin tomorrow!"

[sblock=actions]Move into flank with Marda.
Critical Threat vs Thug2=26, 2d6+3=6, Critical Confirmation=23, 1d6+2=5
for 11 total dmg from a crit...

OOC - Of course I roll a whopping 6 on 3d6...[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Fantalass (-4 HP, dying)

Lying unconscious on the floor, the life slowly leaves the elf.

[sblock=OOC]

He is not stable. The Con check vs 10 also gains a penalty equal to his negative hit point total (-3). With a roll of an 11, he reaches only a DC of 7. Current HP after misses stabilization roll = -4 HP.

COn check(Fantalass) to stabilize (1d20-1=10)

Active: Mage armor (1 hr)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP -4/5, F +0,R+1,W+3

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects: -

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Barrik nods at the dwarf woman. “Good sense, woman.” Barrik whistles again, rushing outside, the shining dog at his heels, tongue lolling out as if joyous. The half-orc grins, his tusks distorting his face and points, saying, “Get ’im, boy.” The dog lunges forward, trying to bite the thug in the side as he runs. Barrik is a little more cautious, not wanting to endanger himself so much. He snarls out an incantation and flicks a blob of acid at the retreating thug.

[sblock=OOC]
Dog and Barrik both head out. Dog moves up to the Thug’s back (west side) and bites (west 1, south 1, east 4). Barrik only takes a few steps closer (south 2, east 2) and casts Acid Splash, targeting the thug.

Dog’s attack is +2 for 1d4+1 damage. Barrik’s Acid Splash is +2 ranged Touch, 1d3 damage.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]
Amended Action... Marda looks at the door and can hear the man calling for help and she can see that the elf is down seems torn on what to do for but a moment. She looks to Barrick and asks, "If ye and yer summoned beast can stop the man outside, I am sure it will help our escape."

She looks to Aaron, "A little help out front my friend."

The dwarven woman moves up to the foe still within the barroom, "Ye really should have left when I gave ye the chance my good man." She strikes out with the heavy mace ((1d20+3=11 to hit )) She brings her shield up for protection until she can act again.

[sblock=Action I wanted to take but realized I could not get there]

Not sure if you will let me keep the roll or not, it was a nice heal, that never happened. *grumbles*

Marda looks at the door and can hear the man calling for help and she can see that the elf is down seems torn on what to do for but a moment. She looks to Barrick and asks, "If ye and yer summoned beast can stop the man outside, I am sure it will help our escape."

Her gaze passes to Aaron and motions to the body of the first thug that entered the room and that is now on the floor besides the flames, "Search him if you will, it may turn up something useful for later."

She at the side of the elf and she is relieved that he still draws breath. She kneels placing her weapon at his side and calls to her god clutching the silver symbol about her neck while placing a hand upon the elf's chest, "Gracenyes, revive our friend, that he may carry on the fight." There is a silver blue glow about the dwarf's hand and the Fantalass feels a slight burning as the wound knit itself together.

(( Cure Light Wounds (convert Command into) heals 9 points of damage ))
[/sblock]

I saw your first post and before I could OOC you that there was a thug in the way I saw this change. So I will use your roll for Torrent's Cure Light Wounds. ;)

As the cleric blocks the thugs escape, pinning him behind the table, Shade defly glides around the eastern side of the table into flanking position. She makes it look easy as she jabs him under the arm, sending a river of blood gushing to the floor. "That's right you feculant whores. You would have lived to see the enemy arrive if you had just scrapped your pathetic little plan this night and gotten drunk instead. Now you ape-spawned cretins, your rat-raped corpses can be loaded into the ballistas for the seige that will begin tomorrow!"

[sblock=actions]Move into flank with Marda.
Critical Threat vs Thug2=26, 2d6+3=6, Critical Confirmation=23, 1d6+2=5
for 11 total dmg from a crit...

OOC - Of course I roll a whopping 6 on 3d6...[/sblock]

If I were standing near Shade I would have to try and grab her by the arms saying, "He's dead, he's dead you gotten him." LOL nice moves this little thief with bad stats has, and a great persona as well.

Fantalass (-4 HP, dying)

Lying unconscious on the floor, the life slowly leaves the elf.

[sblock=OOC]

He is not stable. The Con check vs 10 also gains a penalty equal to his negative hit point total (-3). With a roll of an 11, he reaches only a DC of 7. Current HP after misses stabilization roll = -4 HP.

COn check(Fantalass) to stabilize (1d20-1=10)

Active: Mage armor (1 hr)
---

Fantalass
AC 11 (T11, FF10), HP -4/5, F +0,R+1,W+3

Acid Dart: 5/6 (+2, 1d6+1) (includes Point Blank bonus)

Prepared Spells:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
Cantrips- 3, 1st- 2+1
0: Detect Magic, Message, Read Magic
1: Mage Armor - Color Spray, Feather Fall

Effects: -

XP: 0

Caty: AC 15 (T14, FF13), HP 2/2, F +2,R+2,W+3 (Imp. Evasion)

[/sblock]

Drat WD, I even looked that up and forgot it all in the time it took to fill out the IC form. Fantalass will be at max here in a minute. ;)

Barrik nods at the dwarf woman. “Good sense, woman.” Barrik whistles again, rushing outside, the shining dog at his heels, tongue lolling out as if joyous. The half-orc grins, his tusks distorting his face and points, saying, “Get ’im, boy.” The dog lunges forward, trying to bite the thug in the side as he runs. Barrik is a little more cautious, not wanting to endanger himself so much. He snarls out an incantation and flicks a blob of acid at the retreating thug.

[sblock=OOC]
Dog and Barrik both head out. Dog moves up to the Thug’s back (west side) and bites (west 1, south 1, east 4). Barrik only takes a few steps closer (south 2, east 2) and casts Acid Splash, targeting the thug.

Dog’s attack is +2 for 1d4+1 damage. Barrik’s Acid Splash is +2 ranged Touch, 1d3 damage.
[/sblock]

Riding Dog is bite +3 (1d6+2 plus trip) Did we find out about smite evil they only have a 6 CHA

This post is an update for FtF as he doesn't know what is going on.[/sblock]

Attachments

• PAP4.5.jpg
    PAP4.5.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 84

Remove ads