Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Rhun

First Post
She returns her attention to you. "It seems you have a recurring series of unsolved murders centering on the Advent of Meda. I would guess from your inquiry that you think this is no ordinary killer?"

"Well, the man currently in prison for one of the killings does not fit the profile of a serial murdered," Brae answers. The cleric shrugs. "And the description we received of strange humanoid wandering the area has led us here. Truth be told, we really don't have any idea what might be going on."

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

She returns her attention to you. "It seems you have a recurring series of unsolved murders centering on the Advent of Meda. I would guess from your inquiry that you think this is no ordinary killer?"

Raul waits until the sister meets his gaze before speaking, "Sister, could this in any way be related to the locals' reference to the Advent of Meda as 'zombie night'"?

Scotley

Hero
The suggestion of Zombie Night as a connection sets off another round of searching though various documents. "Hmm, very interesting. There is enough evidence to suggest the possibility that undead do indeed seem to be more active during the Advent on Meda at least in a small area of the 14th. Nothing in my records would suggest a larger phenomena. I believe you have an exotic undead capable of spawning lesser undead on your hands. It is a very troubled spirit with a lot of hatred that manifests only at the Advent of Meda. Here in Lauralie Summerhome that is also when winter weather starts in earnest, so I don't think we can assume based on what we know that the spirit is tied to Meda. It could be purely a coincidence based on the weather. The murder of those with an obvious religious connection is troubling however. I'll write some of my collages and see if we can pin down the Meda connection or at least rule it out." She turns around a large picture of Saint Albian's fight with the Blue Dragon of the western reach to reveal a blackboard. She begins to lay out points. "There is also an increase in reporting of dead and missing during the Advent of Meda in the 14th."

Strikes during the Advent of Meda.

Spawns lesser undead.

Favors religious targets.

More dead and missing.

Humanoid, heavily built, shimmers in moonlight.

Favors cold weather.

"I will continue to research, but this must be an exceedingly rare or even unique spirit. Certainly nothing I'm familiar with. I'd say you have some more investigating to do."

Rhun

First Post
"We appreciate you looking into it, Sister," says Brae, scratching his beard as he thinks. He turns to the others, and smiles. "Perhaps we can set a trap for this creature? If it has a preference for those with a religious connection, and perhaps those specifically connected to Meda, than I can't think of anyone better than myself to bait our trap."

OOC: I know winter is coming on, but how close are we to the Advent of Meda?

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
"Corageously spoken, good Barevil!" The knight bows his head to the cleric, in salute to his bravery. "But you shall not be alone. By my vows to Gentle Morwyn," he points out the holy symbol shaped like a crystal teardrop he wears on his chest, "I may also serve as bait."

"But I do not deny that I would rather find this restless spirit first, and take the battle to the foe. Would the Mages' Guild know aught of such a creature?"

KerlanRayne

Explorer
OOC: Tau is most likely at the library researching undead on this. The new information might spark some information he has run across during his readings. You can either go to him or drag him back to where you are now.

Rhun

First Post
"Then let us be off to find Tau/" Brae bows to Sister Danae. "Sister, if you would be so kind as to let us know if you find any additional information, we would greatly appreciate it."

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Scotley, I'm going to reassemble the party now, ok? ;)

Brae and the others, not knowing where else to look in the vast city, head back to the Magistrate's Office in the 14th Ward, to see if perhaps Tau left word of when he would return. As luck would have it, they see Tau about a block away and coming towards them as they approach Iggy's place.

OOC- Kerlan:
Whatever Kerlan was seeing about accomplishing was successful. We can sort out the details later, ok?

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau approaches the others with a slightly hesitant smile and accompany them inside. You notice that his smile is more easy coming than when you first met.

OOC: Tau was just researching the issue some more. The holiday, the date itself, undead, etc.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases