Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Scotley

Hero
Brae chuckles at the man-in-leather's words. "I'd recommend a helmet over a hat. With a full visor." The cleric gestures to the scar on the man's face. "Helps prevent nasty scars like that."

The chums are highly amused at this jab at their leader and laugh uproariously. The scared fellow struggles for a witty retort. You can almost see the wheels turning behind his eyes as he searches for a response. His eyes light up as he hits upon a response. "Well, least ways with scars you're still alive not like that priest what got his head ripped clean off a few years back." He puts extra emphasis on the word 'priest' a little spittle flying from his lips as he says it.

Lou

Explorer
The barkeep places two mugs of ale before you. 'Grimy' ogles one with a decidedly unclean stare and licks his lips. "Yeah, I 'magine you copper folk heers more lies than anything. Like this shuttin' up the bars. Man, I hope that 'un's a lie. Else you might just be a-seein' me agin when they drag my ass outta h'year and lock it up! Ah don't really no too much about any priesties. I gen'erly give them holy types a wide berth." He takes a mighty swig of ale and continues, "Yessir! Wide berth indeedy doo!

With the outburst about a priest losing his head, Raul nudges his new "friend" and asks him quietly, "See, others don't like priests. Who would have the balls to behead a priest?"

Leif

Adventurer
With the outburst about a priest losing his head, Raul nudges his new "friend" and asks him quietly, "See, others don't like priests. Who would have the balls to behead a priest?"
"Well, I guess that all depends on how it was done, y'see? Out in front of everybody with witnesses and all, I don't imagine there'd be too many takers. Now, something more subtle, like say by slippin' somebody some p'ison or something, or something that could be made to look like an accident, say, now a feller might be able to scrounge up a few folks to bite on a bait like that. Of course, nobody in HERE would ever dream of that, mind you." Raul is left with the definite impression that this guy is all talk and would not have the first clue about how to go about doing this sort of dastardly deed, as much as he might relish it.

Rhun

First Post
The chums are highly amused at this jab at their leader and laugh uproariously. The scared fellow struggles for a witty retort. You can almost see the wheels turning behind his eyes as he searches for a response. His eyes light up as he hits upon a response. "Well, least ways with scars you're still alive not like that priest what got his head ripped clean off a few years back." He puts extra emphasis on the word 'priest' a little spittle flying from his lips as he says it.

Brae continues to chuckle. "Ah, so you do know about the murders that we are here to investigate? That's good. Maybe we can sit down and discuss them over a pint or two, eh? I mean, it would be a lot more comfortable than having to drag you back to the station house. And then there is all the paperwork. Doesn't a nice, cool ale sound much more pleasant?"

OOC: I'm going back to IC. This dice roller hates me!

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion moves up beside Brae, his armored hand dropping to the truncheon at his belt. It is clear to the scar faced rogue that at least one constable would have more fun dragging him to the station than drinking an ale in this... establishment.

Scotley

Hero
The man with the scar on his face looks a bit crestfallen as he realizes he's said too much. Alarion's stalwart presence takes the rest of the wind out of his sales. "If you're buyin' Constable, I'm drinkin'."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter watches with satisfaction as his 'mates from Alpha Squad do their thing. He looks around the room briefly, but seeing the sad state of the tables and chairs decides against trusting any of them with his bulk . . . the crack of splintering furniture might break the 'spell' Brae was weaving.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

Alarion looks somewhat disappointed as he moves his hand away from his truncheon, and goes back to leaning against the bar.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau sits down at the bar and takes him up on the round of drinks. He asks for the 'special' to see what it is. With the smirking bartender watching, he takes a big swallow. In startlement of the taste he spews it out of his mouth and into the face of the bartender. Those nearby burst out laughing though the bartender is not as amused.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases