Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Rhun

First Post
Brae answers Raul's question. "We are headed to speak with Sir Upjohn to see if he has noticed any strange happenings outside of the city. We have a theory that the dark entity Thelugadam may be gathering other dark creatures to its side. For what purpose, we don't know...but any such gathering would be a threat to the city." The cleric shivers, and pulls his heavy winter cloak closer. "I certainly hope Sir Upjohn has some nice warm brandy for us when we reach his estate."

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=DC15 Knowledge Arcana]The hide of the Remorhaz can be valuable with its blue-white color and natural resistance to both heat and cold, though this one is pretty beat up and striping a 5 ton corpse of its hide will be a gruesome task made all the more difficult by the harsh cold. Remorhazes are a known hazard during the winters here, but finding one so close to the city in lands patrolled by Sir Upjohn is disturbing.[/sblock]

Another hour's trek through the snow should see you to Sir Upjohn's doorstep.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

Alarion checks to make sure Bayard is unharmed, then turns to the others. "Shall we continue, gentlemen? That is, unless our brave Urgaunt needs some healing.."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"Some healing would be most appreciated, my friend," comes the deep voice - still muffled by the snow into which SoulFetter is pressing his face. "For future reference - in case any of you were contemplating it - wrestling with a beast such as that is, um, not a good idea."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]SoulFetter's at 36/81 HP.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Braevil produces a wand from his pack, and proceeds to use the item to heal Soulfetter's wounds. The magic takes a few minutes to work, but is quite effective.

OOC: Expend 4 charges from Wand of Lesser Vigor.

Leif

Adventurer
GM: By my calculations the duration of Vigor, Lesser is between 110 seconds and 150 seconds per charge, so right around 2-2.5 minutes per charge no matter how you slice it. So, a total of about eight to ten minutes, depending solely upon the CL of your wand. And, likewise, each charge heals SF of 11-15 hp of damage depending upon CL, or to be more precise, each charge allows and enables SF's body to heal itself of that amount of damage.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
OOC: @Leif: So with that said, we may only need 3 charges to heal Soulfetter, if we get 14-15 points per charge as opposed to 11.

Scotley

Hero
Healing finished, the group continues on its way. The normally cheery castle of Sir Upjohn seems unusually quiet today. Smoke pours from chimneys and settles in the still air of the approach stinging your eyes. The guards open the gate once you are recognized. Pages take your horses and you are taken into the warm kitchen where damp outerwear can be removed and strong tea is given. Soon a page takes you to a small salon where a middle aged woman awaits. Dark circles under her eyes make her look even older than you know she is. For you recognize Sir Upjohn's eldest daughter. She takes a deep breath and forces a smile as you are brought in. "Welcome good constables. I sorry my father is unable to receive you today for he is gravely ill. Perhaps I can help you?"

Leif

Adventurer
Sir Upjohn's "Red Rock" castle, Lady Veronica

Sir Upjohn's eldest daughter, Lady Veronica, haggard as she appears, is nevertheless going to great lengths to be the best hostess she can be. Now that you have been shown into the sitting room, or salon, where she has chosen to receive you, she motions for you to take seats on the sumptuously plush couches, chairs, and settees that abound in the room. The room is deceptively large, but its acoustic properties make it seem more intimate because you can comfortably converse using a normal conversational volume with a person on the other side of the room. Lady Veronica speaks again, this time addressing the two of her sisters who are beside her: "Marigold, Violet, will you see to the comfort of our guests? I am certain that there are some among them who require additional cushions to be comfortable, due to their cumbersome armor," and you catch Lady Veronica wiping the hint of a tear as she says this.

Even Raul's and Tau's total relaxation is indulged despite their lack of armor altogether.

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

Alarion doffs his helmet and bows formally to the Lady Veronica. "Our business can wait, milady. You say Sir Upjohn is unwell? What ailment could afflict such a doughty cavalier?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases