Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
Red Rock -- back inside

The constables return inside the manor, Constable Zane's mount being taken by a groom and stabled in the visitors' stable along with the rest of the Constables' mounts. Once inside, the Constables are conducted to a parlor outfitted with a suitably-sized table to accommodate everyone. To their surprise, Sir Upjohn's bed has been arranged in the room near the table, and he rests comfortably while monitoring your discussion, but he bids you, "Please, Constables, I assure you that I have a sufficient Security Clearance to be present for these discussions, even if they weren't *ahem* being held in my own home. You may speak freely here."

Rhun

First Post
"Sir Upjohn, we believe that an evil entity is trying to raise a mighty force of nogoodniks in the area," says Brae in response to Sir Upjohn's words. "We believe this force is intended to be unleashed against the city. Since you are out here on the frontier, so to speak, we sought you out to see what information you might have on the comings and goings of the various humanoids of the region." The cleric frowns. "I have suspicions that this entity may have specifically targeted you, though, to keep you from learning more of the situation."

Scotley

Hero
"I have not been as vigilant as usual and their have been some vague reports of strange movements in the area. Sighting of your 'nogoodniks'. I know I wanted to send out patrols, but these last few days have been a bit of blur." He looks a bit confused and scratches his temple absently thinking. "Last week or was it two weeks ago...What day is it anyway?" He pales upon finding out just how long he's been incapacitated. "I'll have Chorus' head for this!" He makes as if to leap from bed, but a shimmer of strange color plays across his eyes and he falls back looking dazed. When he speaks the words are deep and slurred and in a voice that does not sound like his own. His mouth seems to grow impossibly wide making him look toad-like. He croaks out laughter. "Hahahaha, the Constables, so good to see you finally. When next I see you I will have you bow before me. Your days are numbered. Your precious city will fall. I rule here now. Hahahahaha." The shimmer fades and sparkling motes of light dance before his face in every color of the rainbow and perhaps a few others as well. The motes dance and then pop out of existence like tiny soap bubbles. An odd moist reptilian scent lingers in the air. He hiccups one more large bubble-like ball of color and then his eyes and skin fade back to normal. Sir Upjohn sits up straighter and looks at you with a pained expression. "I'm sorry boys, but I may need some help on this one..."

Leif

Adventurer
Red Rock -- Sir Upjohn

Sir Upjohn is a bit taken aback by Zane's befuddlement, "How long did you say you've been a constable? Maybe your fellows will impart some knowledge to you while we have a moment?"

OOC: As best I recall, the constables were seeking to slay a god and they traveled out to see Sir Upjohn to gain his counsel. Upon arriving at Red Rock, his manse, they discovered that they were just in the nick of time to rescue him from a would-be assassin. Much of the information that we had stored in a wiki has either been corrupted or I'm doing something wrong. In particular, our communal notes on current events page seems to have gone bye-bye, which is something of a pain. Feel free to add information to this basic sketch.

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau watches the episode with alarm but also with interest. "Sir, I regret to inform you that you were just now being controlled, or at least influenced, by the creature we are here to investigate. The creature, Thelugadam, spoke to us through you. That would be the cause for our new member's astonishment. I believe that the creature sees you as a threat and tried to remove you through poisoning."

Leif

Adventurer
Red Rock -- Sir Upjohn

"Very well, Constable Rayne, apparently I need the help of all of the Alpha Squad more than I was aware. I think that I do become aware of the possession as it is happening, but when it ends the memory of it fades almost instantly. Even now, the events of just moments ago seem to me like echoes of a nightmare from long ago, and it is only your report of their truth that solidifies the occurrence in my mind. I am most troubled by this, and I am not ashamed to say that I feel no small amount of fear because of it. How do you propose to proceed, Constables?"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Zane looks to the other constables to determine who is the most senior and will defer to that one as the lead and will act on that one's action.

Remove ads