Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC, FYI

OOC: The Alpha Squad doesn't really have a 'Lead Dog,' so to speak. Everyone contributes according to his ability and the group's needs, and most of the workload and the credit seems to be spread around pretty evenly that way. That's our story and we're sticking to it, for now. As far as 'most senior,' most of these Constables were hired on at about the same time. Any that have been added later are still their equivalent. If you bear your Bronze Badge with bravery and honor, that's good enough for Ignatius Ironshirt. Of course, it always helps if you kick a little butt at appropriate times, too.

I say all that to say that Zane figures all of the constables are about equal, so he can follow any 'lead' that he wishes and do okay. Better still, he surmises that his own original contribution would be judged by the rest of the members on its own merits, and suffer no prejudice because of his recent addition to the squad. However, a bonehead idea is still a bonehead idea.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Red Rock --- Sir Upjohn

Sir Upjohn shifts his weight and looks expectantly at the Constables, but continues to patiently await their response to his question. [See Post 1249.]

[All the constables are very impressed with Sir Upjohn's talent for 'weight shifting', even while lying down(!!), to communicate that a reply is expected.]

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Not wanting to take the lead, Tau leans towards Alarion, who he sees as the most senior member, and says, "I believe it would be best if we got a full report on the activities of the humanoids in this area, looking for any particularly active area or extremely unusual behavior. Any recent rumors about them may also be helpful. " He says it loud enough that everyone can hear.

Leif

Adventurer
Red Rock -- Sir Upjohn

"Ah, yes, Constable Tauvelak, is it? We can arrange for this at once." Whereupon, Sir Upjohn calls for his Chief Butler, who reports that there have, indeed, been some unusual reports coming in for the past few days from the Eastmarch, the northeast portion of Sir Upjohn's demesne. It seems that the word on the meadow is that there is a nasty gang of ogres who have taken to horse thievery, and there have been rumors that they also have been seen in the company of at least one great bird of some sort.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Zane Harper - Constable, 14th ward

Zane looks to each of the others before looking to Sir Upjohn.

"Gentlemen, I had tracked a slave smuggling ring for some time consisting of Hobgoblins." He goes on to describe the activities in what he felt would be considered local.

Helfdan

First Post
"Ogre horse thieves... hobgoblin smugglers... These sound small in scale fro the rumors we heard." Alarion speaks thoughtfully. Yet if they are parts of one conspiracy... " He shakes his head. "Slavers must take precedence. Know you where we can find them, Constable Harper?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
He gives an account of where he had been tracking them

OOC: Uh, guys, this was only made up in his background. like off the cuff kind of thing. I do not know where he would have seen them, do the dms will have to use artistic license here. Otherwise I might just make up some really off the wall stuff if given half a chance!

Leif

Adventurer
Fear Not, Gentle Players!

[OOC-DeWar: We got yer back!]

Zane relates to the Constables that he had determined that the primary consumer of slave flesh in the area was the Ogre band, who are apparently supplying the slaves to be used in some kind of hideous, other-worldly human sacrifice arrangement to appease some foul god or other. The Ogres, naturally, seem not to be the masterminds of the operation, but rather just the suppliers of living sacrificial flesh. Nevertheless, this is the best clue that he has been able to locate concerning these slavers and their "customers". The Ogres, then, are the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. Zane does have a general area that he was going to survey in attempting to locate the base of the Ogres, and Ogres, not known for their subtlety, shouldn't be all that difficult for a group of trained Constables to locate.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

"By my Troth, Holy Morwyn herself must have sent you, Constable Zane. Our path is now clear, we must find these brutish miscreants!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases