Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion looks worriedly at the priest. "I am sorry, brother, I will gladly tell you about the threat... but... The patriarch is ill? For several days? Enough that he cannot be here to lead you in a time of danger??" The knight shakes his head in puzzlement. "Cannot one of your brethren, or the patriarch himself, cure his disease with a prayer??"

Leif

Adventurer
Brother Dale

"Thank you for your concern, Constable. Meda smiles upon those who find concern in their hearts for the plight of others at times when they themselves face such dire circumstances as you Constables must surely face almost every day. Blessings upon all of you and our wise Magistrate who had the foresight to hire such conscientious constables. But I must insist that you devote your attentions now to the situation that most concerns you. After all, I doubt whether you arrived here by night on just a lark or a casual stroll from the Magistrate's Office. Perhaps later you will be able to spare some attention for our slight want."

Rhun

First Post
Braevil smiles. "Brother, I am Braevil Talisker, a fellow priest of Meda. My companions speak the truth, in that there may be a real danger to those of religious persuasion. We would like permission to patrol the temple compound, and perhaps check in upon the Patriarch's health."

Leif

Adventurer
Brother Dale

"By all means, Constable Talisker. We are always happy to have members of our noble constabulary here. You have free run of our facilities here...." A look of trepidation steals across the priest's face for just a split second, "Only, I respectfully suggest that you leave the Patriarch in peace. The shock of an investigation right here in his own demesne might prove too much for him to assimilate in his weakened state. I'm sure you understand, of course." Brother Dale's nervous smile tells you that even he, himself, has no understanding of any such thing!

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion gives a small bow. "As you wish, brother." He turns to Brae. "Of us all, I suspect you best know the way around a monastery. Where should we begin?"

Scotley

Hero
As part of your Ward the Constables have been in this temple on more than one occasion in the past. Clayfields is a poor neighborhood, but the temple is large and provides for the spiritual needs of simple hard working folk. The images and icons here depict simple homilies to guide the faithful. The monks here spend much of there time teaching young parish children and watching over them while parents and older siblings work. The educators here are stern, but wise. You visit a few empty classrooms and nursery, a large kitchen where food is prepared to help the less fortunate as well as the monks and priests and the ordered rows of cells where the monks live. The scriptorium is small here, and none are working there this evening.

The biggest change that you notice is that the temple is much better lit and defended than on any past visit. Despite Brother Dale's glibness someone has obviously ordered the weapons and lights and the priests are vigilant. Clearly, they have been told to expect trouble. A small group of young acolytes is is preparing an unusually large amount of holy water.

The Parishioners present seem to have little awareness of the changes. They are just happy to have a warm place to worship.

There is a tunnel from under the kitchens that leads under the street to the Patriarch's residence to facilitate his reaching the temple without crossing the icy streets in winter.

Rhun

First Post
"We should check the Patriarch's residence." Brae scratches his beard as he looks around. "With the priests vigilant, and the temple well-lit, I would guess our quarry will try to reach the Patriarch unseen."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases