Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Rhun

First Post
"Unfortunately, we don't have anything solid quite yet," says Brae, in answer to the Patriarch's question. "However, our investigation has revealed enough that we believe the threat to be a valid one."

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

"Unfortunately, we don't have anything solid quite yet," says Brae, in answer to the Patriarch's question. "However, our investigation has revealed enough that we believe the threat to be a valid one."
"Yes, yes, yes, I thought as much, but what specifics have you learned so far, my good constable?"

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau steps forward and recounts what they know, speaking almost, but not quite, as if a teacher to a student. "I believe we have gathered a great many details about the possible assailant in these cases but I still have not been able to pinpoint the exact type of creature involved. It appears to be an undead creature capable of spawning lesser undead similar to itself. It seems that the timing of the attacks may be more related to the cold weather than any celebrations that may fall on that day. It seems to have a particular malice towards religois figures. I have read somewhere that creatures who may have died under cruel circumstances might, with a little help from Orcus himself, rise as undead with an almost rage against others similar to the one responsible for it's death. I believe this may be the case here. Someone may have died becuase of some religious figure and it takes it's vengance on any holy man it can find. That may be just speculation on my part though. Physically it seems to be a heavily built humanoind that, oddly enough, shimmers in the moonlight."

"Does any of this sound familiar to you?"

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

"That's a very interesting theory, Constable....__? I am curious to know how you plan to test your theory. Since we can't very well wait around for a dozen or more additional murders to be committed, I suppose we could look at the murders that have already happened to test whether or not your theory may be plausible. Of course, by the very nature of this investigation, nothing can be absolutely proven one way or the other, but a degree of likelihood may be capable of ascertainment. How do you propose to proceed from this point? What important criteria would you assign to each of the victims to test your theory?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter looks admiringly at his fellow Constable. "And then, lest Brae take all the fun for himself, the rest of us will do what Constables are hired to do . . . we'll put an end to the menace." His grin is not warm at all, but it is reassuring that it is good to be the Urgant's friend rather than his foe.

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

The Patriarch astutely observes, "But, wait, the constable over here who refuses to tell me his name said, 'creatures who may have died under cruel circumstances might, with a little help from Orcus himself, rise as undead with an almost rage against others similar to the one responsible for its death.' Similar to the one responsible for its death. Do you suppose just being a priest will be simliar enough? Perhaps there was some other trait held in common among the victims. If you choose the wrong trait to emulate you could be awhile prompting an attack on you, while the murders possibly continue. Be very certain that you have planned for all eventualities before embarking on any serious endeavor, I always say."

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

Raul finally speaks up, "Patriarch, while Constable Brae is setting himself up as a target, Constable Alarion and I will be guarding you personally, so we can make sure you are not the next victim of this monster. As a church knight, Alarion will look like any other ceremonial guard. I will cover up my monk's robe with an acolyte's robe and be at your side as an aide. You should be able to go about your business as usual without any concern.With your permission, we would like to review the perimeter of your dwelling for any security risks."

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

"Well, I hardly think all that is necessary, but you are the constables, I suppose. Yes, of course you can count on my cooperation, and you may do your review at any time suitable to yourselves."

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"You raise a valid point, Your Holiness," says Brae, scratching at his beard. "Perhaps just being a priest is not enough...it might serve us well to find out more about the past victims. What did you know of the former Patriarch? Are their any records here that might give us some insight into the man?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases