Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

Raul motions Alarion aside as Brae continues conversing with the Patriarch. "Let's do a perimeter sweep and look for access points."

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

"You raise a valid point, Your Holiness," says Brae, scratching at his beard. "Perhaps just being a priest is not enough...it might serve us well to find out more about the past victims. What did you know of the former Patriarch? Are their any records here that might give us some insight into the man?"
"The Father's collected writings are kept in the library here, if you would like to peruse them. That may give you some better sense of who the man was and what he was like better than any words of mine could."

Rhun

First Post
"The Father's collected writings are kept in the library here, if you would like to peruse them. That may give you some better sense of who the man was and what he was like better than any words of mine could."

Brae nods. "Indeed. Well, perhaps I can browse his writings for anything of use while my companions ensure your security, and the security of our brethren within the compound."

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

The Patriarch nods at Rhun and leads you to a library down a nearby hallway. He indicates a shelf of tomes, "These are they, on this shelf here." Brae estimates there is about a month's worth of reading here to slog through. Looking at a random tome, Brae finds sermon outlines, prayers (non-clerical), and budgetary reports. Looks like tons of reading for basicaly no gain, sorry.

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

"I beg your pardon, Constable! Why the Father, my predecessor was an absolute master of giving the most informative, rousing, soul-shaking sermons and still getting everyone out of meeting in time to catch the big Keepstorm game!"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Raul motions Alarion aside as Brae continues conversing with the Patriarch. "Let's do a perimeter sweep and look for access points."

"Agreed, my friend." Alarion follows Raul to examine the outside of the house.

Snow is falling gently outside making this normally dirty somewhat rundown part of the Ward look down right picturesque. The house is not a fortress, but it well built and reasonably well maintained. The walls are thick stone and the main doors, while carved with religious scenes are still quite solid. The rear door is also stoutly fashioned and small. The windows on the lower floors are narrow and shuttered while the uppers might allow entry if a determined assailant were foolhardy enough to try and scale smooth icy stone. There is a small third story balcony overlooking the temple that is protected only by doors that are mostly glass. Still even this relatively vulnerable point would be very hard to reach. Tracks in the snow suggest that the Patriarch's men have been patrolling the grounds regularly.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

The knight-turned-paladin shrugs his armored shoulders. "Seems as secure as it can be. Perhaps we should have them post a temple guard at that balcony."

Leif

Adventurer
In the Patriarch's Abode

"I thank the Constables for your attention, your puissance, and your recommendation. I shall have one of my most trusted acolytes posted there beginning tomorrow eve, with a crossbow in hand. Now, is there aught else that I can do presently to aid you with your investigation into these murders? Perhaps, if you would not mind too much to induge an old man, you could rehearse once again for me the evidence which you have gathered so far? I can't help but think that there may be some tidbit that I have forgotten to tell you, so I ask this also to refresh my own memory," says the Patriarch from his door as he beckons the Constables back inside.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases