Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
As they advance, Tau pushes his spell as far back into the darkness as he can to illuminate any possible threats.

OOC: 100 ft range and free action movement of lights.

Leif

Adventurer
Pulpit Alley

As Tau's light gets closer to the back of the alley, Soulfetter, Alarion, and Brae begin to feel a cold the likes of which Alarion and Brae have not felt before. Soulfetter likens it to the coldest mornings back in his homelands in the frozen mountains of the far, far north. And still Tau indicates that you should proceed further so that his light can reach further. This cold, you are now certain, is unnatural, and it is painful to press forward. Will you continue?

OOC: Those who continue forward in the bitter teeth of the frigid chill that assaults you need to roll a DC16 Fort Save. [Says its charisma-based in the monster book, but as Mowgli so kindly helped me to understand just now, that pertains to the MONSTER'S charisma in setting the DC of the Fort save, which is rolled as usual with the target adding his Con bonus. Sorry for my confusion, and I hope the confusion didn't spread to anyone else.]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

Raul moves forward in to the cold. Perhaps due to his earlier exposure or maybe just due to his being under-dressed, he feels the cold down to his bones.

OOC: Fort save (CHA +1 over CON based)

[sblock=for DMs only]
Raul's Boots of the Winterlands give him the effect of Endure Elements. Any chance that gives him a +1 to make that save?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=for DMs only]
Raul's Boots of the Winterlands give him the effect of Endure Elements. Any chance that gives him a +1 to make that save?
[/sblock]
[sblock=Louis (and Scotley)]
Nice try, Brozinski, but no dice! The Boots of the Winterlands do specifically state that they affect the wearer as if an Endure Elements spell was in effect upon him, but that spell also specifically says that it "provides no protection from fire or cold damage," and this is cold damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Knowing that the signs mean they have found their target, Tau pushes his lights all the way back into the alley.

OOC: We should be able to see everything back there unless there is an obstruction or magical darkness.

Leif

Adventurer
Initiative, Please, Andrew?

OOC: I have inits for all but and Andrew, I believe:

Initiative Order:
Monster: 21
SoulFetter: 21
Tau: 21
Ederaul Mameir: 18
Alarion of Tovarre: 14
Braevil: 6
Andrew: ?

OOC: I requested init rolls a good way back, on page 2 now, and moving backwards with each new post.

TO BE CLEAR, IT'S A FORT SAVE JUST LIKE ANY OTHER FORT SAVE - BONUS FOR HIGH CON, NOT CHA. IT'S CHA-BASED, BUT THAT JUST MEANS THAT IT'S THE FOE'S CHA THAT SETS THE DC. PCs ADD THEIR CON BONUSES TO THE ROLL OF THE FORT SAVE, JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FORT SAVE. I'M SAYING ALL THIS JUST TO PROVE THAT I GET IT NOW. MY BAD, SORRY GUYS.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter grips his axe more firmly in hand as he moves forward into the teeth of the cold. The grinding the others hear might be from the sudden frigid onslaught, or it might be from straining muscles, tendons and bones - he's already growing larger as he turns his head slowly to the rest of the group and bares his teeth. "Come, friends . . . our prey awaits!"

[sblock=Actions (& Reactions :p)][/sblock]

HeadShotENWorld.png

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Pulpit Alley

OOC: I only got the DC16 fort save for Raul and SoulFetter. I for sure need one immediately for Alarion. And anyone else who intends to move further back into Pulpit Alley.

Mowgs: NO FAIR hiding your save in the sblock! :p And anyway, it's NOT an action, it's a REACTION.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
[OOC: Uhhhh, Excuse Me!]

OOC: About the Charisma-Based saves, please take a look at the side-bar at the bottom of P. 35 of the 3.5E DMG. We'll leave it the way we have it now this time, but next time, I just don't know. I don't want to debate this any further here at all, and in fact, I categorically refuse any/all invitations to engage in such a debate here. I'm just letting you guys (Mowgli) know that there is support in the rules for the way I originally interpreted this point.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases