Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Rhun

First Post
OOC: In that case, Brae will perform his consecrate spell, and then the group can go find someone who can make it a bit more permanent.

Lou

Explorer
Raul suggests, "Let's ask the bishop for help. If he can't cast the spell, you sure can summon someone who can."

Rhun

First Post
Brae nods. "That sounds like a plan. Let us get this chap into consecrated ground, and then we can be on our way to the Bishop's home."

Scotley

Hero
Tarl soon has a proper grave excavated. For all his casual talk the hole he digs is quite orderly. Soon the remains have been placed within wrapped in a simply shroud.

OOC: Any ceremony or you want to just cast the spell and be off?

Rhun

First Post
"Gather 'round, brothers, and let us lay this soul properly to rest" says Braevil. He sets his shield upon the ground nearby, as he removes the holy symbol of Meda from around his neck, and takes a vial of holy water from his pouch.

Brae waits for the others to gather around, and after a moment of silence he bows his head and begins, his voice calm and peaceful.

"Meda, Blessed Mother, whose mercies cannot be numbered:
Accept our prayers on behalf of this man,
and grant blissful rest to this departed soul.
Grant him entrance into the land of light and joy,
and accept him into the warmth of your bosom."

Brae holds his holy symbol high, and begins to sprinkle the holy water over the grave. After a moment, the vial is empty and he continues on in prayer.

"Meda, Great Mother,
your power brings us to birth,
your providence guides our lives,
and by your command we return to dust.

Those who die still live on in your presence,
their lives changed, but not at an end.
We pray in hope for our families,
relatives and friends,
and for all the dead known to you alone.

In company with you and your servants,
who have died yet now live on,
may they rejoice in your kingdom,
where all our tears are wiped away.
Unite us together again in one family,
to sing your praise forever and ever."

Brae again reached into his pouch, and withdraws a handful of powdered silver. This too he slowly sprinkles over the grave, before once again donning the holy symbol of Meda.

"Rest in peace, brother," he says quietly, the ceremony now at an end.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Very well done!

The old Dwaven grave digger blows his nose loudly on a scrap of rag from his back pocket. "Right touching that was. Folks down here don't much get services." He begins to fill the grave.

As you depart there is a break in the clouds. While a warm day is still months away in Lauralie Summerhome, it is nice to the see the sun for a change. As you make your way to the Bishop's house you see that the sun has brought out many locals. While it will be dark soon everyone seems eager to get outside in the sun if even for an hour. Peoples hearts seem lighter and you hear the pleasant buzz of conversation and even some laughter as children play. Soon enough you are at the Patriarch's residence. The old servant you remember from last time admits you to the Patriarch's study in short order and promises refreshment shortly. Before he returns the Patriarch comes in seemly eager to see you. "Ah Constables, do sit and make yourselves comfortable. I have heard rumors of much strange activity in the Clayfields. Can I surmise from this and your arrival that you have momentous news?"

Rhun

First Post
"Greetings, Patriarch," says Brae, smiling. "You look well, sir. And I believe we have some good news for you. We have successfully neutralized the threat that we discussed when last we spoke."

Scotley

Hero
"Oh my that is good news. We must rejoice in the glory of Meda. I believe a toast is in order." He soon has the old servant pouring a very fine monastic brandy. From the looks of the crystal bottle you'd guess that that this stuff never sees the open market, but it held in reserve for church officers. He eagerly listens to the whole story and takes the location of the burial down. "I shall attend to it personally first thing in the morning."

He sees that you all get another round of the excellent brandy and shares something else with you. "I was meeting with some of the other Patriarchs this morning when I heard a very strange rumor that I thought I should share with you. It seems there is something of a cult brewing among the ah..." He pauses considering just the right phrase, "unchurched humanoid masses in the surrounding wilder-lands. Now I realize these primitive folk have nothing to do in the harsh winter months but hole up somewhere and wait for the weather to improve. At times like that the primitive mind can get up some strange ideas, but this seems to be different. It seems to be spreading and getting the fellows all worked up. They seem to be working themselves to do harm to the city in this so called deities' name. I just thought you should want to know about it." He shrugs and takes another sip of the brandy which is really quite good. "Of course it is probably nothing, but I felt it might duty to share this with the caveat that it is only a rumor."

Rhun

First Post
Brae sips at his brandy, quietly appreciating the fine distillation, as he listens to the Patriarch. "We certainly appreciate you bringing this rumor to our attention, Your Holiness. We will certainly pass it on to our superiors, as even a rumored threat against the city is not to be taken lightly. Would you happen to know this "so-called deity's" name?"

Remove ads