Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
Patriarch

"Actually, laddie, you're almost right. The race is referred to in the sungular, 'The Slaad,' much like we say 'mankind' instead of 'menkind.' They come from the Outer Planes, it's true. The highest concentrations of Slaad are to be found in and around Limbo, but they are not unknown in all of the spheres of that region, and even on our own world, too. There are heavy concentrations of slaad in Pandemonium and the Abyss, as well as a few isolated pockets in Ysgard and Arborea."

OOC: Tau is not certain that the Patriarch is correct about his usage of the terms Slaad and Slaadi, but he has a definite feeling that contradicting the Wise and Learned Church Father at this juncture, and in his own desmesne, would not be the wisest course to choose. And thanks to that good knowledge roll, Tau already knew everything that the Patriarch just said, but, here again, feigning a smidge of ignorance might be the more diplomatic thing to do at this point. ;-) But we wouldn't want Tau to drop off suddenly from an acute aneurism or anything.

OOC: On the subject of Scotley's breakfast habits, I would rank raisin bran as a highly unlikely choice, only marginally above dirt or a dog turd. If memory serves, I believe probability favors a more hearty repast like eggs and bacon or sausage. But with age comes healthier eating, so perhaps you are right after all.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Bacon or sausage and eggs would be worth remembering, so it was probably something bland and healthy like oatmeal. Sucks getting old.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Hey I'm suitably impressed with the long memories of our players. I don't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.
OOC: Funny how one's memory lengthens in direct proportion to one's facility with the "Search" function.

Helfdan

First Post
Scotley's and Leif's 14th Ward Constables [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

OOC: the good news is that recent studies suggest bacon or sausage and eggs are probably healthier than oatmeal or cereal, as long as you skip the bread :)

Rhun

First Post
Braevil finishes off his brandy, and stands, taking a moment to brush off his somewhat tattered surcoat."Well, Patriarch, we really should be off to file our report. Thank you for your assistance. Don't hesitate to let us know should you require anything further."

Helfdan

First Post
Scotley's and Leif's 14th Ward Constables [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Alarion stands after finishing his own brandy. "Indeed, good Patriarch. It has been an honor to meet you. Thanks to your warning and help, a threat is averted and a soul now knows peace."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The Patriarch bids you farewell and soon everyone is back in the offices of the Magistrate. Ignatius Ironshirt's voice can be heard clearly from beyond his closed door as he yells at someone about their failure to maintain a properly professional appearance while on duty. Elke motions you to have a seat. This goes on for some time until a couple of Bravos in uniforms stained with mud exit and beat a hasty retreat.

Iggy sees you are sitting about. and continues his tirade. "What do I pay you for? You are supposed to investigate crimes. Is there a theif lurking under the cushions? If you don't have enough work to do I'm sure the keeper of the horses could use some help mucking out the stables."

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion stands and listens impassively to the obviously stressed-out Magistrate. "We have just returned from a successful foray, m'lord magistrate. We would like to give you our report... as well as share some potentially dire news we received."

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion nods. "Yes, m'lord. First I must report the Patriarch was correct. There was an undead horror stalking the Clayfields on the Advent of Meda. It was a restless soul looking for revenge after suffering great injustice in life. The spirit has been put to rest." He pauses, then frowns.

"The dire news is, we were informed that there may be a cult of demon-worshipping humanoids forming outside the city, and planning to assault it."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases