Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Lou

Explorer
Raul walks to a table and leaves his weapons, "Let me have a word with the prisoner. Perhaps he can help us." Raul walks to the prisioner and grabs another chair, placing it next to him.

In a quiet voice Raul says, "We believe that you did not kill the priest. Did you see who killed him. We need to know exactly what you saw when you found the body in the snow."

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Tam looks up at Raul appraisingly before speaking. "Weren't no priest, just a man thought he was holier than the rest of us. Self-righteous old bastard is all he was, but I didn't kill him." He pushes his hair back from his face. "Was a cold night, and I was on my way home to get warm. There he was just sprawled out on the side of the road. Though he was a bum at first, then got a better look at his clothes and saw that big silver holy symbol he always wore. I could tell he was dead, already cold and had ice on him. Blood on the ground frozen too. I looked around real careful. Nobody around, like I said it was real cold, most folk were indoors. Did see one figure going into an alley way down the street. Saw the moonlight glistening off the dude. I figured the old man was dead he didn't need that symbol or the few coins in his pouch no more." He shakes his head. "Wasn't doing him no good, I figured if I didn't take it someone else would you know? That's the way it is out there. So I snagged it and headed for someplace warm. I swear, I didn't kill him and I didn't see who did." He rubs the back of his neck and squirms a little, "Look if I could pin this on somebody else and get sprung from this place don't you think I would?"

Scotley

Hero
"Well, it did seem sort of strange, that guy going into the alley was big, real big and now that I think about it, the moonlight glinting off him, don't make no sense does it? Unless maybe he was wearing armor, but it didn't look like armor." He shrugs helplessly, "I'm trying Constable really I am, but I didn't see nothin' else."

Leif

Adventurer
Tam Morgan

"So now that I've done all that I can and maybe helped your investigation some, whattaya say, Constable? Can you get me sprung from this hole? I'll think some more on it, too, and maybe I can remember something else later....some nice, fresh air would do wonders for my thinkin', I'm a-thinkin'." ;)

[sblock=Scotley][sblock=Scotley ONLY!][sblock=NO CRAP! IF YOU'RE NAME ISN'T SCOTLEY TURN BACK NOW!!!][sblock=I see, you think I'm playing, is that it? *click* *click*]Come on, dude! He's GOT to try to milk this for all it's worth! If he gives up now, who knows how long he'll be stuck in Greenspire. If he can give the coppers some good leads, they can maybe get him out of here, riiight??? Oh, and we were using sandy brown for Tam's speech before not darkorange. ;)[/sblock][/SBLOCK][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Unfortunately, there is little that we can do for you, unless we can find the real murderer." The cleric shrugs and turns to leave the room. "You might want to think on that a while. If you were to aid us in finding the true culprit, then obviously we would be able to have the magistrate drop the murder charges, and perhaps commute your sentence for the theft of the dead man's belongings."

OOC: Swapping out speech colors for Brae.

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion ponders the prisoner's words, and addresses his fellow constables as if thinking out loud. "If he speaks truly, our killer was a creature that stands taller than a man, and which has hide that glitters in the moonlight as if metallic... have any of you seen such a creature?"

Remove ads