Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Scotley

Hero
Raul moves to the edge of the bar and sits down, looking around before settling in. He looks at the bartender and asks, "So who here thinks the festival is going to be boring this year with the changes being mandated?"

OOC: Raul is looking for a conversation starter to see what sort of feeling the patrons have about priests. He is going to tell them that he hears that certain priests are demanding changes to the festival, like closing bars early, etc.

OOC: Make an appropriate social skill or charisma check at -2. These aren't the sort of folks who are interested in being proselytized to by a Cop nee Monk and so they don't immediately jump at the chance to chat with you.

Rhun

First Post
Brae locks eyes with the man in black leather. He wasn't intimidated by the rogue, or his apparent bravado. "What happens in Clayfields stays in Clayfields, eh?" Brae smiles. "We're actually looking into a series of murders that would have ended about five years ago. However, the new Patriarch of Barcarus hereabouts seems to think the danger may still exist. So we're looking for information. I'm sure that such a learned man as yourself might have a few tidbits to tell us."

OOC: Damn you, diceroller!

Scotley

Hero
Brae locks eyes with the man in black leather. He wasn't intimidated by the rogue, or his apparent bravado. "What happens in Clayfields stays in Clayfields, eh?" Brae smiles. "We're actually looking into a series of murders that would have ended about five years ago. However, the new Patriarch of Barcarus hereabouts seems to think the danger may still exist. So we're looking for information. I'm sure that such a learned man as yourself might have a few tidbits to tell us."

OOC: Damn you, diceroller!

"Oh I've got stories I could tell. Tales to make you uptown boys hair stand on end. But I ain't no Bard singing out tales in exchange for a few coppers tossed in my hat. He'll I ain't even got no hat." His chums laugh at the man's attempt to be funny.

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier

"I just don't think it's right that the priests want to force the bars to close early this time of year." Raul says to the patrons near him.

OOC: Maybe talking about bars will get them interested....

Leif

Adventurer
In The Three-Legged Pony

A decidedly grimy looking fellow sidles up to Raul, looks longingly at his glass of ale and says, "Ah ain't heered nothin' 'bout no bars closin' eerly. You shore yore not thinkin' bout the bars over on yore side-a the Ward? Man, ah shore is pow'rful thirsty!"

[sblock=Scotley]I'll tell you "what you missed" in email ;) [sblock]see your comment in post 203[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Brae chuckles at the man-in-leather's words. "I'd recommend a helmet over a hat. With a full visor." The cleric gestures to the scar on the man's face. "Helps prevent nasty scars like that."

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier tries to find a talkative drinking buddy

A decidedly grimy looking fellow sidles up to Raul, looks longingly at his glass of ale and says, "Ah ain't heered nothin' 'bout no bars closin' eerly. You shore yore not thinkin' bout the bars over on yore side-a the Ward? Man, ah shore is pow'rful thirsty!"

Placing four silvers on the bar, Raul continues in a low voice, "As constables, we hear lots of things, some true and some just rumors in the wind." Raising his voice, "Two ales, barkeep."

Lowering his voice again, Raul continues " It has now been suggested that all bars should start closing earlier. Word is the priests think the bars are open too late during the festival. I don't like the idea myself. I think priests have their place and telling me when I can't have an ale isn't their place. What do you think?"

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion leans back against the bar, interested in Brae's exchange with the scar-faced bravo. He remains alert for any possible pickpockets or backstabbers.

Leif

Adventurer
Placing four silvers on the bar, Raul continues in a low voice, "As constables, we hear lots of things, some true and some just rumors in the wind." Raising his voice, "Two ales, barkeep."

Lowering his voice again, Raul continues " It has now been suggested that all bars should start closing earlier. Word is the priests think the bars are open too late during the festival. I don't like the idea myself. I think priests have their place and telling me when I can't have an ale isn't their place. What do you think?"
The barkeep places two mugs of ale before you. 'Grimy' ogles one with a decidedly unclean stare and licks his lips. "Yeah, I 'magine you copper folk heers more lies than anything. Like this shuttin' up the bars. Man, I hope that 'un's a lie. Else you might just be a-seein' me agin when they drag my ass outta h'year and lock it up! Ah don't really no too much about any priesties. I gen'erly give them holy types a wide berth." He takes a mighty swig of ale and continues, "Yessir! Wide berth indeedy doo!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases