Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
Captain Owlschwitz

"Ohhhhhh......you means like a consooltayshun, or sumthin? Yeah, we could request one-a-those from yas, I s'pose."

Leif

Adventurer
Captain Owlschwitz

"I'll talk to me Colonel and see what we can put together for yas. Now, since you's in a recommendin' mood an' evathin', what would you suggest that thish-hyear consooltayshun requery contains?" The captain pauses to jot some notes, "...Butter up Magistrate....Say, that wouldn't happen to be that sawed-off Dwarf feller Old Rustybritches, would it?"

OOC:
XP Time
940 for Brae,
888 for Soulfetter,
885 for Alarion,
880 for Tau,
855 for everyone else

940 for everybody else, too! (Since you are a team, after all...)

Is that arbitrary enough for everybody?

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Yes, that would be him. Magistrate Ironshirt. We don't usually refer to him as Old Rustybritches." Brae chuckles. "I would suggest that in your request, you ask that the 14th Ward assist the garrison in providing personnel capable of scouting out the nature of the threat against the city. Since Special Squad Alpha of the 14th Ward is already familiar with the basics of the threat, it makes sense that they should be the ones to aid with the investigation, since they won't need to be brought up to speed, and to prevent word from getting out to the city and causing any sort of panic." Brae scratches at his beard. "You might also indicate that any favorable praise that comes from investigating this threat and helping to deal with it might be showered upon the 14th Ward and its magistrate for his ability to see the big picture and help the city as a whole."

Helfdan

First Post
Scotley's and Leif's 14th Ward Constables [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Alarion smiles broadly at Brae's recommendations. "By my Troth, good priest! Were you a politician 'ere becoming a constable?"

Rhun

First Post
Brae laughs at his companion's words. "No, I'm afraid not. Though, perhaps in my future..."

Last edited by a moderator:

Leif

Adventurer
Captain Owlschwitz

Ain't so good at um, rahttin' y'see. Why don'tchoo raht it fer me, and i'll put me mark and the garrisson stamp on it."

Rhun

First Post
Brae pulls some crumpled paper and a charcoal pencil from a pouch, and begins to scribble across the page. He pauses every now and then to gaze into the air and scratch at his beard before returning to his writing. Finally, he sets his pencil down, and pushes the letter over to the Captain.

"Something like this should do the trick. You'll obviously want to have the Garrison scribe rewrite it for you with a proper quill and on official parchment."

The letter reads as follows:

To his Most August and Honorable Ignatious Ironshirt, Magistrate of the 14th Ward;

Sir,

It has come to my attention that there may exist a potential threat against our fair city. A threat in the form of the otherworldly Thelugadam and his minions. Despite a number of unknowns, even the mere possibility of this Thelugadam inflicting chaos, death and destruction upon Lauralie Summerhome is of great concern to me. Unfortunately, the garrison currently lacks operatives with the proper training to investigate this matter further. While I could petition the Arch Duke for additional resources, it seems more expedient to ask for your assistance in this matter.

As it was your loyal Special Squad constables that discovered the threat posed by Thelugadam and his faction, and since your constables are already well-versed with the subject matter, I would like to place a formal request for their assistance in this matter. The Special Squad is obviously well-trained and capable of investigating the true nature of this threat, and you should be proud to have such puissant men in your service. It is obvious that you inspire great courage and loyalty in your men, and I commend you for that.

While I realize it is unusual to ask you to place your men on special detached service beyond the boundaries of the 14th Ward, I feel it is well justified in this case. Should the threat prove no more than a rumor, little will be lost by a conducting a proper investigation except for a little time, and in return you would earn the gratitude of myself and the garrison. If the threat should prove serious, though, not only could you and your men content themselves with a job well done, but I would happily pass accolades along to my superiors, enlightening them on how helpful you were, and praising your ability to see beyond the walls of your district. All in the city would know of the fine works of the Constabulary of the 14th Ward and her stalwart magistrate!

Given the nature of this threat, and knowing your reputation for expediency, I shall expect your reply in short order.

Your servant,

Captain Owlschwitz
Commandant of the Garrison

Leif

Adventurer
Captain Owlschwitz

"Them's purty high-falutin' words in that there letter. I doubt if'n he'll believe that it came from me, but I'll sign it and we'll see what hap'ns."

He scoops up the letter to pass along to a scribe.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Just tell him that your scribe is quite elegant. And leave my name out of it." The cleric smiles at the Captain and stands, smoothing his tattered surcoat with his hands as he does so. "We thank you for your time and your ear, Captain. May Meda smile upon you."

[sblock=Rhun]I think the word you were searching for is "ELOQUENT." ;) [/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases