Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Scotley

Hero
"By Morwyn and Meda! Lay on, gentlemen! We shall put paid to them yet!" Alarion shouts as he presses the advantage against the nearest foe. He slices into the devil twice to considerable effect.

Zane notices that his arrows are actually affecting the fell creatures and so he tries again. it is a well placed hit to a spot that truly must hurt. This arrow brings down the foe Alarion just wounded badly.

Taraniel adds a spell to his dance and his blade changes the tone to higher, almost screeching tones. He turns full circle, his sword flicking out of pirouette slashing the same creature he attacked some seconds ago. The blade positively glows as it cuts the fiendish flesh leaving a gash almost as long as the blade itself. The magic proves effective and a second devil falls to the odd soil of this alternate plane.

The others are less successful with the final devil, but his return attack is equally ineffectual.

OOC: New round. One foe to go.

Actions

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vaulting over the slain foe, Taraniel brings his singing sword from above cutting into the lone devil.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: get into flanking position next to the last devil
Standard: Full attack vs devil; damage: 1D20+11+2+2+1 = [5]+11+2+2+1 = 21
1D8+5+2+2+4 = [2]+5+2+2+4 = 15
- 4 of 15 is sonic damage; devil needs to make Will DC 16 save or be dazed
[/sblock]

OOC:
Everyone:
+2 to hit and damage
DR 5/- (4/5 rounds)
+2 damage vs flanked foes (4/10 rounds)
Taraniel:
weapon hit may daze the target, Will DC 16 negates 2/8 rounds
Snowdance 4/6

Assuming we kill the creature before the round is up:

Taraniel stops his wild dance, his chest heaving as he wearily observes the party of mortals, humans no less, in hell. He lowers his sword, but maintains the spell and tries to position himself so that he can see everyone.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=OOC]
I am awake for now so I will make a post, however this rain we are getting is really driving a nail of pain in my right shoulder so the post might be minimal[/sblock]

[sblock=combat effects]Magic Circle vs Evil in effect, 10' radius around Brae, 80 minute duration
Those within the spell's radius receive: +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves

Also, benefit from Neutotic: +2 to hit and +2 to damage. Additional +2 to damage if you're flanking (10/10 rounds). Finally, you get DR 5/- as long as you remain within 30' of Taraniel 5/5 rounds)[/sblock]

the archer whoops with joy as two devils fall to the parties 'gentle ministrations of love'! he shoots his next arrow into the remaining creature, "Take that fould fiend" He says intentionally giving the insult to the devil.

1d20+12; 1d6+3

Attack/Damage, Bow: 1D20+12 = [7]+12 = 19;1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Zane can tell this arrow was not quite as effective.

Scotley

Hero
The knight's blade swings true and though the blow is not a mighty one it proves enough to bring down the final foe. The rush of combat ends with near silence broken by the rush of a hot wind and the panting of weary combatants.

Neurotic

Taraniel stops his wild dance, his chest heaving as he wearily observes the party of mortals, humans no less, in hell. He lowers his sword, but maintains the spell and tries to position himself so that he can see everyone.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc: for whatit is worth,
[sblock=I think this was the mission]
Tau returns once again, but with reserved hopefulness instead of the despair he had before. He sits back down in his seat and collects his thoughts before speaking. "He contacted me again and said that the Fur Burners were not up for the task."

"We are to travel to the LCA and someone will provide travel to one of the lower planes in order to battle two Erinyes Devils. Once the fight is over we will return to the material plane. He told me these details and I accepted the mission, assuming that you were already on board. I hope that's OK."
He said the last bit uncertainly, while looking around at the other members.
[/sblock]

"So, Zane Harper, sir. You would be . . . ?" he offers his hand in greeting to the feller who was being chased by the devils.

Neurotic

"My name is Taraniel, also known as Snowdancer. You can guess how I got the name. I got tricked by an impostor, a bard replaced by a devil. And here I am, looking for a way home. Your arrival may very well saved me from fate worse than death and I thank you for it."

He lets his enchantments fade away as he straightens up and takes the offered hand before quickly cleaning and putting away still-humming sword. It silences as soon as it was fully in its scabbard.

"Now, if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here? It would stroke my ego if someone sent retrieval party after me, but I doubt it."

Remove ads