Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I honestly am not entirely sure what we are hunting. I kind of hoped those were what we needed to find.

Tau? is that what the professor sent us after?"

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion cleaned the black blood from his blade but remained vigilant. He nodded to the newcomer. "I am Alarion of Tovarre, well met, friend. We are constables from the city of Lauralie Summerhome. Alas, although we were not sent here to rescue you, I for one was glad to have your help, sir."

He then turns to Zane. "I doubt that these are the ones we were sent to slay, good Zane. Otherwise we should be on our way back, no?"

Helfdan

First Post
"I arrived late," the knight turned constable answered with a slight shake of his head. "But the wizards said something about Erinyes devils before sending me to join you."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Taraniel perks up at that.
"I know of them. While I cannot tell you where to find this particular devil, but I can tell you all about them in general. And some in particular. They are my favorite servants of evil."

Devil lore: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23 - LOL, I just decided they are the ones I study, they are more trustworthy than succubi and you can still enjoy yourself while having your soul taken. :p

SRD:Erinyes

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Tau considers and then speaks. "I wonder...We were told something was impacting the possible balance of power in the blood war. An item of power that should not fall into the hands of the Devils. Maybe we should have a look at yon keep?" He points to a squat stone structure just barely visible in a fold in the land to the east. It is a small outpost of some sort and very solidly built. The ground shudders again and the reason for the heavy construction is manifest.

Neurotic

OOC: I think he means that it is squat and thick because the ground isn't stable.

"I recovered an artifact for the bard in question. I don't know if it can change the balance, but it is powerful boost to the devils."
Taraniel looks at the group
"Since it's my fault it got here, it is on me to help you take it. I know how it looks and I owe you my life. If you'll have me. And ofcourse, I need you to escape from here. " He finishes with a smile

Last edited:

Neurotic

"So, to add a bit more to this instrument, this is how it went:"

Small image appears next to bard as he tells his tale, the images quick, fleeting, but giving more information than the tale by itself.

"A couple months back I heard an old Bard playing a song I've never heard before about a legendary maker of musical instruments. He sang of one in particular that was waiting for the right Bard to come and play it. Some of the lyrics reminded me of the location of ruined temple I passed once before. After some research I came to believe that this special instrument might indeed be found in the ruins. Going into the ruins was challenging. There were traps to avoid, foes to overcome, riddles and puzzles to solve and ultimately even a magical barrier passable only by those of good intentions. Reaching the heart of the temple I found a Qanun, a multi-stringed instrument. The item was made with great skill and clearly magical. After a bit of experimentation I confirmed it was magical and that I could call upon a few of its powers, but that with more practice and skill more might be unlocked. However, it is an item of law and only an orderly soul could call upon all the powers. Pleased with my success I left the temple only to find the old Bard waiting outside. He smiled. His smile split across his head, grew very toothy and he transformed revealing himself to be a devil of considerable power. He gloated that I brought him a great prize that would aid his people in the Blood War. I tried to flee, but he struck a chord on his own magical fiddle and I found myself transported to a strange and terrible place, almost certainly somewhere in the hells. A band of devils seemed to have expected my appearance, but their pursuit was interrupted by the arrival of a group of people. Kinda unexpected in hell to get help so quickly. Must be fates."

Taraniel takes a deep breath.
"So, you see, it is my fault that this instrument is in their hands. May I join you?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases