Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Rhun

First Post
"We would like to see if she could assist us in an investigation we are currently conducting. Her knowledge could prove invaluable."

Scotley

Hero
The young priest departs and returns after about 5 minutes. "Sister Danae has consented to see you today." He leads you to a door. While not exactly a secret door, it is behind a tapestry and would not be noticed under normal scrutiny. Beyond the door is a narrow spiral stairway leading down. The stairway is lit by Everburning torches and each tread of the stairs is marked with a different holy symbol of a good deity. At the bottom of the stairs is a very stout door standing open. It leads into a long barrel-vaulted room with books, diagrams and paintings lining both walls. The room is brightly lit. At the far end of the room is a large desk covering in documents. Sister Danae appears to keep up a very vigorous correspondence as both an in and out box are overflowing with letters. The ceiling is too low for Soulfetter except for a narrow path down the center of the room.

The sister herself is a small thin human woman of perhaps 60 years. She has short white hair and wears half moon spectacles perched on the end of her nose. Her eyes are bright and she smiles warmly. Somewhat at odds with her stature she wears a chain shirt and has both a loaded crossbow and a stout glowing mace hanging beside her desk in easy reach. A bandoleer across her bony chest contains oddly shaped daggers of unsual materials, vials of holy water and various other items of an alchemical nature. "Good day Constable Soulfetter. I haven't seen you in some time. Did that matter with the mischievous fey over in the 16th turn out okay? I fear is in in their nature to want to play tricks on one of your size."

Addressing the group she adds, "I take it you have an unusual problem in the 14th today?"

Rhun

First Post
"To be honest, sister, I'm not sure if we have an unusual problem, or just the lies of a desperate man." Brae smiles, and holds out his hand in greeting. "I'm Braevil Talisker. Truth be told, we have little to go on but a vague description. A large humanoid, who seemed to glisten in the moonlight when viewed from a distance. Perhaps metallic, and certainly not armor."

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

Alarion bows deeply. "Good day to you, esteemed matriarch. I am Sir Alarion of Tovarre." He then adds soberly: "The man we speak of is condemned for the murder of a priest... but claims to be innocent and claims the creature good Braevil describes comitted the heinous act."

Rhun

First Post
Brae nods in agreement with Alarion's words. "And if there is some sort of being wandering our fair streets and killing the innocent, it is our duty to locate it and stop it."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The giant's face beams as the constables enter and he sees the old woman. He approaches and gives her a comradely slap on the shoulder that (surprisingly) hardly even moves her. "Sister Danae, great to see you again! You're looking spry as ever! Yes, yes, everything turned out great . . . Beaugard and I came to an, er, understanding. We've actually had a few conversations since then; in fact, I think we might actually become friends one day!"

"As my fellow constables have said, we're not sure exactly what we're tracking this time; only that it seems rather a nasty piece of work."

Scotley

Hero
GM: Sorry for the delay gang. Haven't figured out a way to make a living off D&D yet, so I have to work instead of play sometimes.

Addressing Soulfetter she responds.
"This fey, Beaugard, has seen fit to behave then? A remarkable feat. You are to commended Constable."

"Well, more often than not I should trust the judiciary to have the right man for the crime, but this does sound like a strange story for one to use." She taps an index finger to her lips considering. "Where was this creature supposedly seen?"

Rhun

First Post
"It was in Clayfiends, over in the Fourteenth," answers Brae. "A few years back, on the Advent of Meda. First deep snow of the season, I'm told."

Scotley

Hero
"A few years back? I knew the Constables had a bit of a backlog, but that seems excessive..." She gives you a wry smile as she starts checking documents bound into books on the shelves. She checks several books in different parts of the long chamber. She begins to frown the lines on her forehead deepen with each volume she consults. Finally, a grave look on her face she returns to her desk. "I must apologize for my flippancy. I see this is indeed a most serious matter you are investigating. I can't seem to find anything in the texts I have here about any supernatural hatred directed at Meda that might focus on her Advent, but something is definitely going on. I want to have someone check the main stacks just in case." She reaches behind the desk and pulls dark purple rope than runs up through the ceiling. Moments later the young priest you spoke with earlier arrives. "I have an important question for the lorekeepers." She pens a quick note with several points ticked off with sharp dashes. "This is to be considered urgent. Though in truth I do not expect a finding." The young man moves back up the stairs with alcrity.

She returns her attention to you. "It seems you have a recurring series of unsolved murders centering on the Advent of Meda. I would guess from your inquiry that you think this is no ordinary killer?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases