Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
In the Wily Wyvern -- Felderman Whimsywag

"Why, yes, that's very true, Constable Brae, but most run-of-the-mill ruffians are not averse to witnesses to what they think is their valor, and some thugs actually seek out circumstances where their crimes will be known to increase their notoriety. There were no living witnesses to these murders. And each of these victims was found the next day clutching a stick of firewood. An oddity, that, to be sure, but a circumstance that ties them all together somehow. It is for a real detective to tell us just how..."

Leif

Adventurer

"All of the songs have the murders happening at this time of year. What disappearances are you talking about, exactly, Constable Alarion?"

Leif

Adventurer

"Yes, all of the songs are mournful things, almost dirges some of them, about the depressing Lauralie Summerhome winters, but served up with a twist of death and mystery."

Leif

Adventurer

"What I've told you is all that I can think of now. If I remember anything else, I'll do my utmost to get word to you as soon as possible."

Leif

Adventurer
Ponder Ponder Ponder

The constables do have to get back over to the Office of the Magistrate of the 14th Ward to take care of a few more mundane tasks like releasing the drunks you locked up for their own (and everyone else's) safety last night, and a few other such things. You brief Ignatius Ironshirt on the case so far, and for once he proves to be quite helpful. He has Elke pull the reports of these muders going back ten years, and a pattern quickly emerges: each time the murders occur, one victim is a clergyman of some sort, one is a "lady" of one degree or another, and one is a ruffian or criminal-type person.

Last edited:

Remove ads