Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
"It appears that this "creature" is recreating the same event over and over again year after year. I believe if we find the original deaths that fit this pattern, we may know who the original attacker was that may have turned into this creature."

Leif

Adventurer
Alarion finds what he thinks is the first occurrence like this from some 9 years ago. The reports read much like the ones in later years -- the crimes are reported individually, with no hint of connection to each other except for the proximity in time, and also it is noted now that the killings are perpetrated in the same order each time: first the wench is slain, then the ne'er-do-well, thiefly type, and then the clergyman. And another oddity is noticed, too: the killings always occur immediately following a severe winter storm, when it is extremely, hideously cold in Lauralie Summerhome, fit for neither man, woman, elf, nor dwarf to be out exposed to the weather.

OOC: Maybe you should talk to the priest again? He seemed to enjoy telling you stories, maybe you can glean some glimmer of a clue from them?

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion returns the files to Elke with a smile and a small bow. "My thanks, fairest damsel. You have been most helpful".

He then turns to his comrades. "Ready for another chat with the saintly Patriarch?"

Leif

Adventurer
In the Office of the Magistrate of the 14th Ward

"*AHEM!* I really don't think you have to go all the way back to my house. I led the procession here, if you'll remember," says the Patriarch from his seat at the end of the table, "Or, ah, followed you for the last bit. I don't get to this side of the Ward too often you know." Elke comes in about this time and refreshes the Patriarch's tea. "I thank you, fair damsel. Most kind of you." Elke blushes, Iggy just scowls, and Darius hides his face and chuckles. Iggy deigns to speak after Elke leaves the room, "Ye canna be coddlin' me help like that Your Grace. Took me years ta get that lassie trained, it did. Much more o' this, and I'll have ta be startin' all over again wiv'er."

[sblock=ooc]AAAARRGGHH!! :eek: blush, blush, I forgot too. SHEESH, BOY did I ever forget![/sblock]

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau is so startled by the Patriarch that he jumps and practically squeaks. Being the person sitting next to him, he hangs his head in embarrassment at forgetting the presence of his holiness. "Well does any of this sound familiar? The pattern of deaths year after year, as well as the timing?" Tau tries to look calm while his face burns as red as his hair.

Leif

Adventurer
In the Office of the Magistrate of the 14th Ward

The Patriarch says, "So sorry, Constable Tau, didn't mean to startle you there, and just you pipe down Magistrate Ironshirt. Why a kind word to a faithful servant can do more 'training' than a thousand tongue lashings." He looks very thoughtful as he continues, "As I was saying, I have heard tell of legends, and that may be all that they are, but they are somewhat persistent legends, if so. Anyway, these legends tell that when a person meets a particularly unfortunate end, then the person's spirit may be doomed to re-enact the last fateful events just preceding that end. I wonder if we may be dealing with something of that nature here? The similarity of the murders leads me to think that the victims are selected because they conform to an archetype, rather than because of something that they did as individuals. But people don't care a fig for archetypes, usually, whereas spirits almost always do, so that makes me wonder. And if such proves to be true here, then that is doubly bad, because the surest way to break the curse and allow the poor rotter's spirit to finally rest is to fill the empty void that caused his spirit to wander in the first place, and I don't suppose that any of you know what that might be do you, because I haven't the foggiest notion."

OOC: FYI post 477 has been adjusted significantly

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Soulfetter gives a startled blink as the aged Patriarch speaks up from his corner, and turns to look at the man. He's been drifting along with his fellow constables throughout this whole long investigation . . . present, but feeling somehow remote from it all. Come on, old boy . . . this isn't like you at all! You'd better get your head in the game, or Iggy'll have your guts for garters!

He focuses his gaze on the Patriarch as he speaks, striving to focus.

Remove ads