Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Rhun

First Post
Brae nods toward Tau. "Tau seems to be the expert on the creatures. I had only heard of them in passing. They are a form of undead similar to a revenant, it would seem, but cold-based in nature. In a strange twist, though, the Bleakborn seems to crave warmth, despite its affinity for the cold."

Leif

Adventurer
Bleakborn

OOC: Brae has a thought - Perhaps the creatures don't have an 'affinity for cold' as he first thought, but maybe part of their Divine punishment for misdeeds in life is being visited on them after death by eternal unquenchable thirst for warmth and a corresponding inability to feel that warmth that they so much crave.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau feels eyes turn towards him for information. He looks up and sees Andrew standing there. Recognition begins to dawn on him as he realizes he's seen this man before, in the library, doing research into divine magic just like Tau does. His findings and abilities are more advanced than Tau's, but that's because of Tau's detour into the arcane arts. Feeling a little intimidated by the newcomer, in his eyes at least, Tau becomes nervous at all the sudden attention and begins to squirm a bit as he recounts their findings.

"Well ... we had been sent to investigate the murder of a priest from 5 years ago on the Advent of Meda. Through our investigations we found out from the patriarch that there seems to be a similar murder of a clergyman at the same time every year. A man accused in one of the murders claimed to have seen a creature that shimmered in the dim light. This then led us to the fact that there seem to be a series of murders, all simiar, surrounding the Advent of Meda each year; a woman, a scoundrel, and a member of the clergy. Clues showed the perpetrator to be an undead that could create lesser undead." Tau begins to feel less uncomfortable and more calm as he speaks. "When we found and confronted the creature we found it to be a Bleakborn, thought to be created with the help of Orcus. He ... takes a interest in creatures who die cruelly, or in a state of rage against others. That creature then becomes an undead with the same rage and hatred against those similar to the ones it feels were responsible for it's death. Doomed to repeat the killings over and over again. The creature seems to be supernaturally drained of all warmth and thus craves it, trying to drain warmth from other creatures. It appears to be covered in ice due to this fact. Unfortunately it escaped from our encounter and we were unable to stop it. We plan on searching again tonight."

Tau is not as unsettled as he was, but he is still wary of the 'new' guy. He had begun to get comfortable in the group and the sudden change makes him nervous.

Leif

Adventurer
Constables in The Polished Stave

Maddie swaddles over about this time, with a mug of piping hot liquid. She eases up to Tau and says, "Just you sit right back, Constable Tau, put your feet up, and sip this cup of my special toddy that I made just for you. It'll make you feel better, I promise." ;) She favors Tau with a warm Halfling smile.

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
"Most interesting...have you yet looked into the grave site or barrow of the the ultimate originator of the first murder..or a search of any unhallowed ground within a radius of the murders...have you yet plotted each murder on the map to discern an area of interest?

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Tau is uncomfortable at these questions. "Well we don't know who this creature once was so we don't know who killed him. Also, I believe that if there was any ground in the city that was known to be unhallowed, the good clerics of the city would have already taken care of it. So any unhallowed ground would, therefore, be unknown to us. Finally as to plotting out the murders, no we have not done that. It .. sounds like it might be a good idea though ... maybe." Tau finishes that last part on the verge of a pout at not thinking of it before. He then takes the offered drink and turns away from the group. Sitting back, he sips and actually does feel better.

Leif

Adventurer
Constables in The Polished Stave

Gus the bartender makes a show of polishing a glass and says, "Yes, that's a right pickle, that is. What's ya going to do next, Constable Dresden?" ;)

Scotley

Hero
Felderman Whimseywag leaves off attempting to purloin free snacks and considers for moment before speaking. "That story you're telling Constable Tau, it reminds me of song that made the rounds a few years back. Too depressing to really catch on. It was kinda backward from what you were saying though. This carter was hurt and a harlot, a priest and a scoundrel all left him to freeze. The lay of the thrice dammed shiv I think it was. Sort of a lament on the city. A morality song I guess. The harlot representing business being too concerned with profit to help anyone, the priest with his eyes turned heavenward can't see what's happening to the people. The common man, well he's only out for himself and would rather take from those less fortunate than give. Never preformed it myself, just sucks all the joy right out of a crowd. They aren't too keen on jokes after hearing a downer like that. I heard it was based on a true story."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases