Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Rhun

First Post
Brae looks about for the gravedigger or local priest, assuming there is someone around that actually keeps an eye on the graveyard.

Leif

Adventurer
Graveyard

Brae doesn't immediately see anyone, but he faintly hears singing. Not the dirge one would expect to hear in a graveyard, but the steady, rhythmic pulse of a work song. There are three open graves at the back of the plot near the wall.

Leif

Adventurer
Graveyard

Brae soon gathers that the singing is emanating from one of the open graves. In the second grave in which he looks, Brae sees a Dwarf some five-and-a-half feet down, stooped over and digging mightily as he sings, keeping time with his work.

Raul sees three piles of 'something foul' stacked nearby, possibly corresponding to the three graves? The rubbing of his arms generates some warmth, but the foul stench of the place creates a longing in the monk for a fresh, if bracing, breeze.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Graveyard

[singing]"'T'is naught but the shin, O' mine uncle Tim, as should be lyin' in the graveyard, waveyard, paveyard." [Song ends]

"Oh, why pardon me sir, I didn't see ya there. What kind of 'assisstance' be ye a-needin'? My name's Tarl, by the way. How should I address you, Sir?"

Brae sees when the Dwarf stands erect, his shoulders come a bit more than two feet shy of ground level. This Dwarf is also very powerfully built, with arms as stout as his thighs, seemingly.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Braevil Talisker, constable of the 14th ward. My friends call me Brae..." The cleric offers his hand to the dwarf.

"My fellow constables and I had a bit of a run-in with a not-so-friendly undead creature, and find ourselves in need of consecrated ground in which to bury the remains. Sooner rather than later, if you get my meaning."

Leif

Adventurer
Tarl, Dwarf Gravedigger, at Your Service

Tarl gladly accepte the Constable's hand and returns a firm, vigorous shake. Brae sees the dirt and assorted detritus on the Dwarf's hand before clasping it, but he is nevertheless ill-prepared for the "chunky moisture" that he feels during the greeting. "Right pleased to meet'ya, Constable Brae," says Tarl, "I've almost got this ''un ready, so's ye can just throw 'em on yonder heap and I'll just add 'em to this batch. I hope he'uz nobody important, y'see this here's a pauper's grave and we don't take the trouble to put names or nothin' on 'em. Wouldn't-a-matter nohows seein's how we'll most likely be diggin' 'em up in a few months to deepen the hole and add a few dozen more in with 'em. There's not many of the traditional Lauralie Summerhome graveyards left these days and we's right proud here to still be a-doing things the old fashioned way."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases