Blood and Space: Adventures in Deep Space

PosterBoy

First Post
RPG Objects is proud to announce our new line of d20 science fiction books. Blood and Space: Adventures in Deep Space is a complete d20 space combat system designed to give players an extensive toolkit for creating space based campaigns and settings.

Blood and Space is written by Charles Rice, author of Vigilance: Absolute Power and Raw Recruits (a Dragonstar adventure).

BS_Cover_300.jpg

Vigilance

Explorer
No mecha this time around Im afraid :)

However, there are lots of cool things in here for the scifi game you already play, or to assist you in making a homebrew, including new core classes, new prestige classes, detailed space combat rules, and a complete starship design system that lets you build the ship of your dreams from the ground up, adding weapons, engines, shields, laboratories, carrier decks of fighters...

You get the idea :)

If you play Star Wars, Dragonstar, Traveller, Darwin's World, or want a comprehensive rules set to make your own scifi game, you will find plenty of interesting crunch in Blood and Space.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
rules for building ship eh? hmmm..no rules for mecha THIS time around?? hmm...there's going to be mecha rules?? yummy

Vigilance

Explorer
Well, "dibs" aside (whatever that means ) I won't RULE OUT doing mecca rules in the future. I love the genre myself.

However, this book has a pretty tight focus, striving to bring space combat to a game that doesnt have it, and improve it in a game that *does*.

And with the starship design rules (which are extensive and pretty darn spiffy if I say so myself), you can bring a lot more detail to your favorite starship even if you choose NOT to use any of the core classes, prestige classes, feats, skills, or starship combat ruels. :cool:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hmm, a generic supplement for space rules? That just might be worth looking into.

Though, I feel compelled to add, as a former afficionado of Spelljammer, that its sad that fantasy space keeps getting overlooked...(Dragonstar is close, but not quite the same, since it adds a sci fi element).

Vigilance

Explorer
I like spelljammer too :)

And except for the lack of spells, there's a lot in here to flesh out the spelljammer rules from Polyhedron as well, including rules on trading, rules for fleshing out ship crews, and their affects on ship to ship combat.

With a little work, you could even adapt the "starship facilities" portion of the ship construction rules to cover more fantasy oriented things like alchemical workshops and such.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
Ranger REG said:
I believe that GOO and Atlas Games called dibs on the mecha rules products, besides the Poly magazine version.

who's GOO?

There's going to have to be one standard rule set for all mecha based products, it's a damn shame the Poly article is not OGC..

Vigilance

Explorer
GOO= Guardians of Order

On your other point, I disagree. I think the beauty of the d20 rules and the current OGL climate is that there is no standard rules set for *anything*.

Multiple products in the same genre make the game better, not worse, in my opinion, since you have multiple sources to borrow from.

That's one of the things Blood and Space was designed to do. Although I think it would work as a set of rules on its own, its really intended to be added piecemeal to the game you already play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases