Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Despite his search of the corpses, Jax finds no diamond ring. He will have to make do with the shiny new turquoise he just found.

GM:
Lets say everyone found the note. :)

Also, don't forget about Teresa's broach.

200 gp total worth of loot, but you will have to sell everything so you won't get the cash right away.

Best place to sell is Daunton.. it is technically stolen after all ;)

Luinnar

First Post
The party makes their way to Fiora's house, leaving the house's cleanup to Gremin. As they pass the they notice that most of the houses have no lights lite, it must be late. Soon they reach the small hut that Fiora calls her own, no lights can be seen inside.

Jax bangs on the door and after a moment you can see the small form of Fiora, with a hairnet and robe on peering at you through the side window.

What is it? Did you find my daughter? I hope you've found her! I will give her the talking to of the lifetime, if those pirates did not get to her first!
she says in her squeaky voice.

Luinnar

First Post
Dorn breaks what happened at the plantation to Fiora the best he is able to. He tells her that they found that her daughter had been killed by the foul flesh eaters that she told them about. She must of wandered too close to the graveyard and they must have brought her back to the plantation house she was working at. He tells her that they avenged her death by killing the creatures that did this to her daughter. He does not mention that her daughter was turned into a ghoul, or that they had to kill her (Dorn is unsure if the tale he told Fiora is true, but he does not let Fiora know this).

Fiora takes it the best that can be expected. After five minutes of sobbing Andras convinces her to let the party into her small, two bedroom house. Kasha kindly brews up for her some strong tea and they finally get her in a state where she can talk again.

She always was a good girl. Fiora says looking at the broach Jax handed her while using the other hand to blow her nose on a handkerchief that Andras supplied. She always did like her walks… I told her not to go near the cemetery.. but she always did like to visit her father’s grave… she says, busting into another bit of crying.

After another couple minutes she rallies herself again. I know you did your best… and that you brought those monsters to justice so…so… She rushes off into the bedroom and comes back with a box, tears running down her face. I was going to give this to her if she ever got married… My husband gave it to me as a wedding gift… but I don’t need it any longer… She opens the box and takes out a exquisite gold necklace lined with small gems (which Jax finds out later, cannot be removed).

Please have Mr. Gremin fetch the body… He lives in a house near here...Perhaps they can find a spot for her near her father in the… in the… she starts to wail and blows her nose.

GM:
Treasure!:
Amulet of Life +1: (Level 5, 1,000 GP)
Neck Slot:
+1 Fort/Reflex/Will
Power (Encounter, Healing)
Free Action. Trigger: Use this power when you spend a healing surge. Effect: You spend an additional healing surge.

This is not a wishlist item. Whoever is interested in the item please roll 1d100. Highest roll gets it. If you are not interested please let me know, so I know when everyone is done rolling. If you win this item then when I pass out another non-wishlist item others will have a chance of getting it first who have not received an extra item already.

Note: I'll try to have a map of town up again soon. Fiora told you where Gremin lives if you want to wake him and tell him what has happened.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: I suppose I'll put in a bid for the necklace. I already have a +1 necklace though, so I'll defer to anyone else who needs one.

Jax takes great interest in the necklace, picking it up and holding it under the candlelight.

"Wow... it is almost as beautiful as your daughter." A little white lie never hurts. "We will put it to get use. Definitely."

When Fiora begins sobbing, Jax looks to Kasha as if for help. He's supposed to comfort the woman, yes? But how do you get a softskin to stop crying?

Sanzuo

First Post

SHINY?

RAM TIGER can't stop thinking about the grave robbing for some reason.

[sblock=Statblocks]RAM TIGER, Male Gnoll Fighter 3
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 21 (20 bloodied), Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:12 --
Speed:6
HP:45/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:5/11
Initiative: +4, Action Points: 1
Powers: Grappling Strike, Cleave, Combat Challenge, Takedown Attack, Ferocious Charge, Forceful Drag, Slamming Rush, Second Wind, Seize and Stab

Opportunity Attack: Grappling Strike; +11 vs. AC; 1d6+5 damage and the target is grabbed (until escape or until EONT), the target's movement stops for that action and it is marked until EONT.

Note: An adjacent target marked by RAM TIGER that shifts or makes an attack that does not include RAM TIGER as a target, RAM TIGER may make a basic melee attack against that target: +10 vs. AC, 1d6+5 damage.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Pass on the necklace.

Andras takes out the pocket watch he found in the manor, "Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you further, but you may be able to help us ensure that no one else suffers. Do you recognize this? It belonged to one of the things that... that we killed. It may help us if we knew who the person was in life."

nerdytenor

First Post
Andras takes out the pocket watch he found in the manor, "Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you further, but you may be able to help us ensure that no one else suffers. Do you recognize this? It belonged to one of the things that... that we killed. It may help us if we knew who the person was in life."

Dorn nods. How many more townsfolk will we bring to tears today? Dorn thinks sadly.

// Dorn will also pass on the necklace

Luinnar

First Post
"Wow... it is almost as beautiful as your daughter."
Thank you dear, that is very kind of you to say. Fiora says, wiping some tears away.

I have never seen it before. she says, blowing her nose. Perhaps you could ask Mr. Gremin when you talk to him...? she says.

GM: Since Antithetist has not logged in in a couple days and said he was busy this week in another thread, I will roll for him. Roll = 12

Jax gets the necklace, congratz!

Where does the party want to go to next? Fiora asked you to see Gremin, though that can always wait to later.

Also, I updated the town map below.

[sblock=Map of Town]
MaraisDTarascon-1.jpg

*Note, not all spots of interest are labeled with numbers*
1. Full Moon Inn
2. Bakery d'Cann
5. Gremin's Cottage
7. General Store
9. Church
10. Cemetery
12. Fiora's Cottage
13. Townhouse