Earth(Voda Vosa), Level 7 Warforged Warden
Krav(Llama Bill), Level 1 Dragonborn Warlord
Raijin(johnmeier1), Level 2 Sorcerer
Rysethynn(LadyLaw), Level 1 Dwarven Warden
Auntie Mab(pacdidj), Level 1 Human Rogue
Xander(DmDanW), Level 1 Cleric
Devinihm(jkason), Level 1 Wilden Druid
Illarion(Neurotic), Level 1 Elf Sorcerer

[sblock=Players]I'll take whoever. Doesn't matter if there's a level gap, no leader, whatever. I'll adjust to whatever we come up with, whoever wants to go.[/sblock]

Adventure Notes
[sblock=Combat rules]Should it arise, pretty much standard Malenkirk rules. I'd prefer to use virtual battlemat if it ever comes back up...[/sblock]

[sblock=Taking 10]Unless it's a skill challenge, in combat, or I explicitly say ROLLED, you may "take 10" on a skill check, treating it as though you rolled a 10 for the check. If you do this, still let me know you did so. Save some trips to Invisible Castle.[/sblock]

The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 1

As you rush out the doors of the tavern to the street outside you see... nothing? No, not nothing. As the bartender runs out with a lantern, you see blood. Blood splattered all over the cobblestones. Blood coating the door of the Hanged Man. Blood everywhere.

The air is almost tinged with the terrible sense of recent violence.

Somewhere deeper in Daunton, someone is calling for the city watch, dogs are barking frantically, and somewhere in the night a woman is screaming...

[sblock=Arcana 23]The air is tinged with the foul taint of abyssal magics... whoever - or whatever did this was willing to dabble in the darkest of the arcane arts.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception 18]The blood seems to be splattered up to twenty feet away - whatever attacked the young man was must have been tearing him apart. [sblock=Perception 21]There is a blood trail leading to a nearby alley...[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Insight 18]Thinking back to when the young man was in the tavern, the tail end of his cloak had fallen over the mantle of the doorway into the dark streets beyond. Whatever attacked him likely just grabbed his cloak and yanked him outside, something strong...[/sblock]

[sblock=Streetwise 23]You manage to find a witness. I'll introduce them shortly if you achieve this.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I am interested, but this is my third PC so I'm willing to wait it out.
It's Changeling Chaos Sorcerer, commonly known as "that blind elf fossil"

Those already here or following the elf from the tavern see him scanning the area.

"There is residual magic here and it's demonic in origin."
he then sniffs the air and walks for a bit, but then shakes his head.
"I cannot follow the trail here, maybe someone sighted can help? That man may still be alive and in the clutches of the demon."

[sblock=Here are the relevant rolls]
Arcana; Perception; Insight; Streetwise (1d20+4=18, 1d20=15, 1d20+2=13, 1d20+5=18)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth comes out just when the elf is explaining something.

"The blood seems to be splattered up to twenty feet away. It is evident that whatever attacked the human was must have been tearing him apart. I can see it trailing towards that alley. I presume it grabbed him from his cloak. Whatever attacked him was surely strong." The warforged explains.

Insight: 19
Perception: 23

Earth Warden Warforged level 7

Llama_Bill

First Post
Krav runs outside and doesn't spot anything new. As soon as he is given the clues by the people infront his mind jumps straight to the Oni and he can feel the fire building up inside and working up towards his throat. He makes his way towards the alley with his sword held tight at the thought of facing an Oni and a small growl forms in his throat.
"With all this blood his chances must be slim but if we are quick we could catch the Oni which is a far greater reward, if we do find him in time today will be a great day." says Krav as he looks back towards the group of people gathering outside the inn.
[sblock=OOC and Rolls]
If we get into a combat could you please list your ranged and melee basic atacks so that I know who to "inspire".
Arcana: 1d20=8
Perception: 1d20=6
Insight: 1d20=9
Streetwise: 1d20+4=13

[sblock=Krav’s Stats]
Krav - Dragonborn Warlord
Racial Features: Draconic Heritage, Dragon Breath, Dragonborn Fury
Class Features: Bravura Presence, Battlefront Leader, Inspiring Word
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 19, Fort 15, Reflex 13, Will 15
HP 25/25, Bloodied 12, Surge Value 14, Surges 9/9
Speed 5, Initiative +1
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Brash Assault, Direct the Strike
Encounter Powers: Battlefront Shift, Dragon’s Breath, Vengeance is Mine, Inspiring Word, Inspiring Word
Daily Powers: Lamb to the Slaughter
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• KravL4W.dnd4e
    98.5 KB · Views: 156

johnmeier1

Explorer
Another robed figure emerges from the Tavern, it is the pale man wearing a wide brimmed hat and carrying a mystical metal staff. He looks over the ground as well, taking note of the elf's statements. He also nods at the earthen creature's statements. Surely it was only magic, but a strong physical force that pulled his cloak back from him.

As Krav arrives and brings up the Oni, Raijin tenses. Do you truly believe it to be one of the accursed? We should follow the trail of violence, then, for that is the wake of such creatures.

[sblock=Rolls]
Arcana=11, Perception=6, Insight=26, Streetwise=10
Ah the d20 system! Never good at what you are good at..
[/sblock]

Raijin is also a sorcerer, 3rd PC, and 2nd level...

LadyLaw

First Post
Rysethynn stomps out of the tavern, in true dwarven fashion. Looking around she's taken aback by the sheer amount of blood. She hasn't seen this much in some time, and then it wasn't all from one person.

"You dunna think any others were caught up in this, do ya?" she asked the group at large.

Hearing talk of demons, she raises a brow, but doesn't comment. She has no experience with such.

"Seems t'be a trail leadin' off down tha' alley there," she says, pointing. "If'n ye wanna go envestigate, best be gettin' org'nized."

[sblock=rolls/ooc stuff]Insight: 1d20+7=27
Perception: 1d20+7=24

Didn't bother with the other two because she'd fail them with a 20.
Rysethynn is a level 1 dwarf warden. She's my second character. I'd be interested in this depending on what the ultimate level gap is. If it's like 1-3 that's cool, but I think if it's larger than that she'd stay behind, feeling that she wouldn't be of real use.

[sblock=Rysethynn Mini-stats]
Rysethynn - Female Dwarven Warden (Earthstrength) 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:15, Ref:12, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 12/12

Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Earth Shield Strike, Warden's Lunge
Earth Spikes, Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack
Form of Mountain's Thunder

Special: Save vs. 1 effect at start of turn (and at end)
+5 to saves vs. poison
Immediate save to being knocked prone from attack
Move one less square from forced movement
+3 to AC when using Second Wind

Conditions: None[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
Auntie Mab comes rushing onto the scene, slightly out-of-breath, just behind Rysethynn.

"Merciful heavens!," she gasps at the sight of all the spattered blood. "Oh that poor man. He seemed a nice sort, and handsome too. What a pity."

"There is residual magic here and it's demonic in origin."

Auntie Mab nods sagely at the blind elf's pronouncement, as though she was thinking the same thing. Her bluff is somewhat transparent though, as it is clear that her entire attention is fixed on the trail of blood, which her gaze follows into the nearby alley, and pondering what manner of creature would be strong enough to cause such rapid devastation.

"You dunna think any others were caught up in this, do ya?" she asked the group at large.

"Oh I should hope not dearie! Bad enough that it happened to that pleasant Dartanian fellow." Auntie Mab then hears the distant woman's scream and winces, "Looks like another bad night for Daunton," she adds sadly.

"Seems t'be a trail leadin' off down tha' alley there," she says, pointing. "If'n ye wanna go envestigate, best be gettin' org'nized."

"Yes, dearie. An excellent suggestion. It wouldn't do to go galloping off after demons half-cocked and unawares. Tristram might be able to sneak in for a closer look down that alley. He's small enough that he shouldn't tip off whatever beast did this that it's being followed. He'd be happy to go assess the situation before we charge in headlong. Isn't that right Tristram?," Auntie Mab says, prodding one of her cloak pockets with an index finger. After several jabs the head of a small brown rat emerges bleary-eyed from the pocket and lets out a sickly tiny belch, before nodding it's head and giving an affirmative *Squeak*.

[sblock=rolls and ooc]Arcana 19, Perception 23, Insight 21, Streetwise 13

I'd definitely be interested in getting Auntie Mab in on this adventure if there's not too large a level gap, say more than four levels. She's my second character, so she'll defer to 1st characters if need be.

Also, while I'm definitely eager to get this character rolling, I'm going to be on hiatus for a couple of weeks starting Friday. I won't be able to post between the 3rd and the 20th of September, as I'll be leaving on my honeymoon this weekend. So IS, if you're willing to take on Auntie Mab, I hope you won't mind NPCing her or having her NPCed for a little while.

[sblock=stat block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue (Warlock) 1
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +16, Init: +4
AC: 16, Fort: 12, Reflex: 17, Will: 14
Speed: 6
HP: 25/25, Bloodied: 12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +3 vs AC, 1d4+4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +8 vs AC, 1d4+4 dmg, Range 5/10 (Daggers: 5/5)
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish
Eyebite, Distracting Shot
Scattering Shot
Combat notes:

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 16, Fort: 12, Ref: 17, Will: 14
Skills: +11 Thievery, +16 Stealth

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth takes his hand to his side, and rips off a piece of hammer shaped rock. As derbies still fell from the weapon, Earth produced a shield in the same fashion, and so equipped, he began stalking towards the dark alleyway, with loud "Thump"s at each step.

DMDanW

First Post
Xander steps outside and takes in the scene. The blood soaked ground brings back recent unwanted memories and he grabs the nearest wall to steady himself. As he shakes his head clear he looks around and listens to what the others have already discerned.

Whatever this was must have been very powerful indeed he thinks to himself. He takes a deep breath and cringes. The air reeks of foul abyssal magics as well.

"With the stink of demonic magics in the air and the amount of blood before us I highly doubt that man is still amongst the living. If we do not intervene I have a feeling there will be more streets coated in blood before long."

[sblock=Rolls]
Passive Insight 19
Perception: 1d20+4 (Perception)=21
Arcana: 1d20+5 (Arcana)=25
Streetwise: 1d20+3 (Streetwise)=14
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]
Xander is a 1st level Cleric. He is my 2nd character (Although if Johnmeier1 keeps the current trend in his adventure Xander may be my only character very soon....).
Preferably I'd like him to join up with other low level characters who have a shot at sticking together for a while.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases