D&D 4th Edition The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???) - Page 9





  1. #81
    The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 24

    Earth manages to smother most of the flames of the initial fire, but it spread amongst the debris of the room in a heartbeat. Even Earth probably can't put it out alone and if it isn't put out, this whole building will probably be going up in minutes.

    The woman hobbles out, nearly falling down the stairs in her haste to escape. The man stands before Illarion, grabbing the blind elf by the shoulders and looking between him and Krav. "8 gold, I'll tell you everything I saw for 8 gold! 7, I'll do it for 7!"

    Earth
    You'll probably need two or three of you succeeding in some check to put the fire out before it spreads too far to stop.


    Xander
    Taking a few steps and staring up at the building, you see what looks like a bloody foot sticking out of the building's single large chimney...

 

  • #82
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,789
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason

    Devinihm, wilden druid

    Seeing that the flames are spreading quickly, Devinihm dodges through the humans to join earth.

    "This happens in the dry season sometimes," he says as he pulls off the cloth cloak that covers his natural leaf cloak. "smother, but don't spread..." he mutters, applying the cloak in an attempt to do just that.

    OOC
    Not sure if it applies, but what the heck. Knowledge of putting out small fires in the wild isn't entirely different than putting them out indoors:

    Nature for smothering flames efficiently. (1d20+11=24)

  • #83
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Llama_Bill's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ellesmere Port
    Posts
    129
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Llama_Bill
    Check Question:

    Would it be a diplomacy check to get everyone doing something helpful?
    L4W: Krav - Dragonborn Warlord | Kavac - Goliath Barbarian

  • #84
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,046
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neurotic
    OOC: How about this?

    At the contact from loud human Illarion quickly moves assuring only allies that can see him are those with turned back. He then flashes into demonic disguise in a moment before returning to his blind elf form.

    "Help them sstop the fire and I won't take you with me to Firess Below."
    he says almost whispering, eyes focusing on the human.

    Intimidate (1d20+10=25)

    OOC: I'm imagining changeling trick would work something like this

  • #85
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,909
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    "We should leave, before this old structure falls apart, we can't do anything to stop it." With that, Earth turns and speeds out.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #86
    ooc
    Can the fire (or any sign of it like smoke) be seen from downstairs, or in the alleyway at all, or is it not that big yet?


  • #87
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Llama_Bill's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ellesmere Port
    Posts
    129
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Llama_Bill
    Krav jumps into action when he sees the fire spreading, his old training jumps straight to the front of his mind. Stepping in front of the warforged Krav says, "Earth, Devnihim, Mab and you two start putting out that fire before this whole place goes up. Smother it with cloaks or blankets." He then turns to the stairs and shouts down to the rest of the group, "There is a fire up here but it is under control. A halfling jumped out of the window, see if you can get him. We need a talk." He then relays the information Xander gets by looking out of the window and which direction the window leads.

    Roll

    Diplomacy: 1d20+9=23
    L4W: Krav - Dragonborn Warlord | Kavac - Goliath Barbarian

  • #88
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,909
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    Earth closes his face to the dragonborn. "There is nothing to gain here. Let this building collapse under the fire, we have a demon assassing running in the streets, we can't stop to perform such trivial and unneccesary tasks. Save these people if you must." with that and a push, Earth continues downstairs.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #89
    The Hunted: Day 1, Hour 1, Minute 25

    Between Devinihm and the human that Illarion nearly scared to death, they get the fire mostly put out on the floor, but without the big elemental smothering the worst of it, the two of them alone aren't enough quench the fire completely and it spreads to the splintering wood of one of the walls.

    Krav works to get everyone working together, especially to put the fire out. It might still be possible to extinguish it, though it will be more difficult now that it's off the floor and onto the wall...

    Devinihm
    Apparently it does work roughly the same.


    Illarion
    You think he might have soiled himself before doing as you asked...


    Rysethynn
    By this point you can see a bit of smoke and, of course, there's Krav shouting orders.


    Krav
    The situation might be salvageable up here, but it will be difficult.


    Anyone fighting the fire...
    has +2 to their next check thanks to Krav.

  • #90
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,789
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jkason

    Devinihm, wilden druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Voda Vosa View Post
    Earth closes his face to the dragonborn. "There is nothing to gain here. Let this building collapse under the fire, we have a demon assassing running in the streets, we can't stop to perform such trivial and unneccesary tasks. Save these people if you must." with that and a push, Earth continues downstairs.
    "You come from nature!" he calls out. "You should know full well that fire isn't kind enough to stop when it's eaten its fill. This building goes, then the one next to it, and so on until someone stops it. Please, earth!" the wilden begs.

    As the fire spreads to the wall, Devinihm's body seems to break apart momentarily again, a swarm of bits that coalesce into the form of a kangaroo. He bounds upward, using his cloak on the highest flames he can reach in an effort to keep them down.

    OOC
    I'm not entirely sure what to roll, so I'll keep rolling Nature under the assumption that fire is a natural occurance (I really don't know what skill firefighting would really apply to):

    Nature to continue fighting / anticipating the fire. (1d20+11=22) I forgot to add the +2, so the roll result is actually 24.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Hunted: Enemies of the Empire
      By airwalkrr in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 191
      Last Post: Friday, 11th January, 2008, 03:33 AM
    2. Why is he being hunted?
      By Land Outcast in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th July, 2005, 06:25 PM
    3. (OT) I'm being hunted by a spider.
      By Creamsteak in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 80
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th April, 2004, 10:27 PM
    4. (OT) I'm being hunted by a spider.
      By Creamsteak in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 67
      Last Post: Monday, 15th March, 2004, 04:10 AM
    5. [Closed] The Hunters & The Hunted
      By Chauzu in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 39
      Last Post: Saturday, 10th May, 2003, 04:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •