Eberron or Dark Sun Story Driven adventures

xipetotec

First Post
Being very new at DM/GMing for my group, I've come to see how they are much more into the storytelling aspect. That being said, I'm looking to run an Eberron or Dark Sun adventure/Campaign. Even if I have to "convert" from previous editions, what adventures or campaigns would you say are much heavier on story and character interaction than monster combat?

Wik

First Post
The "Chimes at Midnight" story arc from DUNGEON magazine for Eberron is a good one - lots of diplomacy, investigation, and the like.

I honestly cannot think of a good DARK SUN adventure, to tell the truth. This pains me, as it is my favourite setting.

If you're looking to run a story-based game AND you'll be using pre-published adventures, Eberron is a better bet. However, DARK SUN can be very viable for this sort of game if you don't mind doing your own legwork. I'd say it's better than Eberron, but that's really just my bias showing; they're both great.

They just do different things.

xipetotec

First Post
The "Chimes at Midnight" story arc from DUNGEON magazine for Eberron is a good one - lots of diplomacy, investigation, and the like.

I honestly cannot think of a good DARK SUN adventure, to tell the truth. This pains me, as it is my favourite setting.

If you're looking to run a story-based game AND you'll be using pre-published adventures, Eberron is a better bet. However, DARK SUN can be very viable for this sort of game if you don't mind doing your own legwork. I'd say it's better than Eberron, but that's really just my bias showing; they're both great.

They just do different things.

Totally agree. I hate to admit, but I'm starting to tire of the traditional medieval setting ( in both tabletop and video game format ) and had never really read Eberron or Dark Sun stuff and was thrilled when I read both. Which is why I want to set a campaign there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases