[Discussion] Lost Love OOC

Velmont

First Post
I see there have been a lot of OOC discussion lately, with good reason, but then, it cut a bit the flow of the story, so let's talk here. Among other things, twilsemail want to talk about his new character or the ressurection of Pis.

twilsemail

First Post
Alright, first things first. Is the party going to drag Pis to a temple and have him raised or am I rolling a new PC? I mostly leave this up to the other players.

If I'm rolling up a new PC, what would we be looking for?

There are a few things to consider when adding a PC, which everyone here prolly already knows.
1. Party role: We're shy a controller. Alternately, a melee striker is still very complimentary to what the party might want.
2. Skills: We've got no one with an Arcana, History or Religion higher than a 2. An Int based character might rectify that. Several Charisma based skills are also surprisingly low.

I can probably build a decent sheet and have a character that lives in that sheet somewhere by the start of the weekend if everyone wants to go that route.

evilbob

Explorer
Alright, I'll bite. So first off, I just want to say that even in hindsight I think we all acted extremely well and I think we did an amazing job this encounter - certainly the very best we could have done. I mean, from Talkrai's awesome move that was rather ingenious to save Jasper, to Ryda's double crits in two rounds, to Jarren's brilliant lock-down of the gnome, to Pis' amazing stunt that neeeearly worked (and frankly, had the best odds of anything we've done so far!), to 16 actually hitting 3 out of 4 times in one round, I'd say we did everything we could have possibly done - especially given the vicious blood vendetta these guys apparently had against our party member for some reason. To paraphrase Baseketball, apparently god just had it in for little Pis. :)

So going forward, in my mind it's ultimately up to twilsemail whether or not he wants us to raise Pis or if he wants to go with a different character. I know what my character is going to do, but that doesn't reflect my opinion - frankly it's not my call nor should it be. So twils, what do you think?

evilbob

Explorer
Ha - posted on top of you. Man it takes me forever to write stuff!

My only advice is to completely not worry about what the party needs. Play the character YOU want to play; please don't feel forced into a role at all. Our group will do just fine no matter what you want to play, I promise.

renau1g

First Post
If you guys want to check out a desperate situation, see how Murphy Tang and co. are doing over in L4W.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...ight-dm-johnmeier1-judge-ozymandias79-27.html

I see a TPK in our future.

re: raising, I'm sure that Susan will try to raise Pis, but of course, like you said, it's up to twilsemail.

re: playing what you want to play. I can't recommend this enough. I love Kane and Murphy (despite his impending death) over in L4W, but I'm less crazy about Vok here, as I mostly created him because we had a defender shortage here, but I likely will retire him after this adventure.

twilsemail

First Post
I've got upwards of 97 trillion character ideas running through my head at any one time. I'm probably up for playing anything. The reason I picked striker for my first PC here is the simple fact that I never play them at the table.

I spoke to LadyLaw before rolling up Din and she gave me some solid advice that hinged around the fact that I had no idea what party I was going to end up in so I should really roll whatever I wanted. That's no longer the case. I've got an awesome party I'd love to RP with. If there's a character I can build that'll compliment them, I'm all for it.

I play leaders all of the time at the table, so I'd rather avoid that. Luckily, we've already got two of them (and I still may bring in a Warlord for my second PC in a few months).

I could see a Wizard or Psion working fantastically with what the party doesn't have. Perhaps a Sivis Gnome heard about this language riddle through the grapevine?

On resurrection: I really am good either way. I'd rather it was a party decision. RP it out. If Pis is buried, I'm alright with that. If Pis rises from the grave to stalk again, I'm alright with that.

Maybe he gets up as a Revenant?

Velmont

First Post
I just want to give a few comment on the story up to now:

1) I love the roleplay. You all have a good defined characters. I like that paranoia you had at start.

2) You have done a great job with the wind chamber and start to understand more how that place worked.

3) Jasper is dead, as is Pis. You made decision that have been risky. Jasper would have been saved if Ryda had a better initiative roll (the odd was in favor of Ryda). Pis would be still alive if he had received 1 less hit or even 1 less damage with the AoO. In the end it is IC who has spoiled your plans.

4) I have started to think about a follow up, and make sure to reintroduce twilsemail if he decide to make a new character. Also, I warn you, Ièll pick things from your background.

5) Twilsemail, you should make the character you want to play. If you are undecided between many choice, then start to consider the actual group. You have 2 leader, 1 defender and 1 striker, it is quite well balanced I think like that. Anything would fit in this group I think.

Mezegis

First Post
I second (third, fourth, fifth?) the statement of –Play what you want!- You’re a smart player, you can see what would work well with the group currently in play, but keep in mind that parties in PBP are very fluid. People may rewrite or retire their characters, or people can get burnt out and leave. Heck, some people might have a baby on the way and suddenly not have any spare time left for spending 30 minutes writing up long winded combat/rp actions… Yes we may have 2 Leaders now, but if Jarren and Talkrai get retired and Anti/Lady suddenly decide to play defenders, there goes party dynamics right out the window. The surviving members may just decide to return to the Tavern and give up on this questline, so I wouldn’t try to build anything to suit what may or may not be coming in the future of this adventure.

As far as the potential resurrection of Pis, that will be hashed out ICly, so I can’t really say how that is going to go. I’m kinda curious how the XP is distributed in the case of a PC death, since if Pis would get XP for everything, that may push him to lvl 5 and affect what Twils could make as a potential replacement. Also curious how (if at all) Pis’s stuff would be divided up given the parcel system.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases