[Discussion] Lost Love OOC

LadyLaw

First Post
Yeah who are those guys? ;)
Besides you? Mez & I, actually, but delivery is a good 6 months off, so I'm hoping all our adventures will be wrapped up by then so we can safely take a short break when the little one arrives.

---------

As for Pis's resurrection/Twil's new character, I cannot comment. I think there is some serious roleplay that will happen at the end of this encounter that may effect the party's decision on that front.

For one thing, he's suddenly revealed as a changeling, a race highly distrusted in Eberron. For another, some characters may not feel the same about continuing the adventure at this stage as others. As Mez said, there's always the possibility that the group will decide with a dead comrade (potentially 2 if you consider Priam) and a dead employer there is little need to continue.

Should Twil make a new character, I'll stand by my earlier statement that you should play what you want because you don't know what group you'll be with. The thing about PbP is that you don't always stay with the same group or the same DM. I know that if I continue to play Tal when this adventure ends, there will be some serious changes to her attitude, and that could affect her desire to deal with certain types of people. I haven't got it all worked out yet. Like I said, there's going to be a lot of RP closing up this encounter that will decide a lot of things, I'm sure.

---------

@Vel - Re: taking inspiration from our character backgrounds for your next adventure

You're free to take inspiration from just about anything for writing a new adventure, in my opinion. However, I cannot garauntee that this character will remain in play at the end of this one, or that she might be inclined to take up your next adventure if she does, simply because I think a lot of her goals and opinions might change if she remains in play. I'm not yet sure how I feel about that and continued RP in the current adventure will be a large factor.

---------

tl;dr:

• I'm pregnant
  • Rezzing Pis should be determined IC
  • Twil should play what he wants
  • Vel can be inspired by anything
:p

Sorry for long-windedness.

Velmont

First Post
This adventure will continue if you decide to go forward. If not, you'll probably immediately fall in the next one. There won't be any coming back to the Tavern.

I'll need to know who want to go in the next adventure and if they want to switch characters.

LadyLaw

First Post
There will be no immediately falling into the next adventure for me either way. If the decision is made not to continue with this adventure, then it's likely I'll be retiring the character and the new one will have no reason to be involved. If I decide to keep the character anyway, well, we really all should still get the option not to go on your next adventure and return to the tavern regardless of what may make plot sense for you. It's my understanding that that's how PbP works.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
re: playing what you want to play. I can't recommend this enough. I love Kane and Murphy (despite his impending death) over in L4W, but I'm less crazy about Vok here, as I mostly created him because we had a defender shortage here, but I likely will retire him after this adventure.
If I don't kill him first! Going 2-for-2! :devil:

I’m kinda curious how the XP is distributed in the case of a PC death, since if Pis would get XP for everything, that may push him to lvl 5 and affect what Twils could make as a potential replacement. Also curious how (if at all) Pis’s stuff would be divided up given the parcel system.
As per DMG, characters get experience for any encounter they overcome if they were present. Pis was present. He just died. (This is important for retiring or starting a new PC at higher level).

As for loot: While its a bit gamist, anything "taken" from Pis corpse has to fit within one of your PCs parcels. If it can't, then it can't be taken.

Oh, and congrats LL & M!

twilsemail

First Post
Besides you? Mez & I, actually, but delivery is a good 6 months off, so I'm hoping all our adventures will be wrapped up by then so we can safely take a short break when the little one arrives.

Congrats to the both of you! Are yougoing to use a random name generator or look around the room at the time for inspiration?

------------------

I understand the "play what you want" argument and the fluidity of party composition. I can always retire a character and switch them out later if I don't feel like continuing them.

Velmont

First Post
There will be no immediately falling into the next adventure for me either way. If the decision is made not to continue with this adventure, then it's likely I'll be retiring the character and the new one will have no reason to be involved. If I decide to keep the character anyway, well, we really all should still get the option not to go on your next adventure and return to the tavern regardless of what may make plot sense for you. It's my understanding that that's how PbP works.

Sure, you can always come back to the tavern, but things will probably be set that you have motivation to do go forward immediately. No one will be forced to join the adventure.

Also, if you want your new character to continue to play with this group, I'll take the trouble to give you an opportunity to join in quickly that would fit the motivation of your new character. That's something we will have to discuss once you have chosen which character you will play after Lost Love conclusion.

I don't want to force anyone to do anything, at the opposite, I want to offer a chance for all the players to do what they wish, and at the same time, to be able to create a new adventure more interesting and more personal to your characters.

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, congrat Lady and Mez. Are you a couple in real life or it is just a coincidence both your family await a baby?

Mezegis

First Post
Real life, together about 10.5 years, married 5.5, first child. :D

She's actually letting another version of me into the world, muahahaha :devil:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases