[Discussion] Kamotz retirement, to get closer to original concept.

CaBaNa

First Post
Cheers all,

I'm excited to be posting again! In my absence an odd problem has come up, Kamotz' (my first L4W character) sheet was lost when the wiki moved. (This isn't a problem for my second character, as he was soon to be retired anyway.)

My proposal is this, allow Kamotz a second rebuild, under the following conditions.

Find and link to any experience and treasure he earned while adventuring. (if it can't be found, it doesn't count.)

Keep the same character concept. (This was a Longtooth shifter cleric with a strong defender lean. He worshiped Death, not Lauto specifically but that is the aspect he's been serving lately. He fancied himself a Clerk, taking names of the dead, and keeping notes of their exploits, often musing as to where they best belonged in the afterlife. As far as I remember he was also from Bacarte, but I'll make sure before posting the CS.)

I'd like to make him a hybrid cleric|paladin if there are no objections. He traveled with Roadtoad's character Vrrsk't who was a paladin, and has been serving the Temple of Lauto since he arrived in Daunton. I think Kamotz the cleric passing, is a great place for him to renew his vows, and undertake the new title of paladin as well.

I'd like this proposal to pass before I take the time to review his adventures in detail, and make a new character sheet. That's about it for now... comments and suggestions are welcomed as well as votes. :D

Thanks,

CaBaNa

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
I believe he did, but the proof of that is gone with the wiki, so we're working off my memory here. Just in case he did, I wanted to throw this proposal together, so as to adhere as closely as possible to the charter.

covaithe

Explorer
http://betahelix.net/temp/Kamotz Char Sheet.jpg

Copied from the google cache at some point. It doesn't have the wiki code, and the links will have to be reconstructed, but better than nothing.

For what it's worth, I seem to remember you talking before about rebuilding Kamotz as a hybrid paladin/cleric, suggesting that he didn't get rebuilt yet.

On the other hand, do we allow class changes in the overhaul? ISTR that retirement/rebuilding is the preferred way to do that, which wouldn't require a proposal.

renau1g

First Post
Class changes aren't allowed per the Charter

"Once before your character is approved for level 2, you may do an overhaul of your character. This is a single opportunity in that character’s career to recreate all mechanical aspects of the character except for class, race, and basic character concept. The overhaul must be approved as per the normal rules for character approval, and requires DM permission if the character is involved in an adventure. "

see Retirement section though

"It is permitted to recreate the "same" character with different mechanics, in order to change the character in ways beyond what the one-time overhaul allows. (For instance, turning a wizard into a sorceror, or an orc into a half-orc.) This can be accompanied by an explanation in-game (such as revealing that the orc has a hidden human parent) or considered a ret-con (such as declaring that the wizard was always a sorceror, and building him as a wizard in the first place was a mistake)."

CaBaNa

First Post
Cheers RedBeardJim, hope to see you in game soon!

covaithe that is just GOLD! :D THANK YOU!

Ok upon reviewing the retirement rules, I think that may be the best option, as hybrid rules weren't available when Kamotz was first made. Changing this from proposal to discussion.

Say I retire third level Kamotz, in game he has given all his worldly goods, and wealth to the Temple of Lauto, proving his faith that Death will provide. He goes through a ceremony, during which he physically dies, takes up the mantle of paladin as well as cleric, and is revived and gifted the equivalent of 1750gp. Be that armor, weapon, or what not.

OOC Kamotz retires, the "same" character is re-built with different mechanics in order to change him beyond what the one time rebuild allows.

I post on his new sheet, a link to the old sheet (provided by cov), along with updated links to experience.

Am I missing anything, does this sound fully legitimate?

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
Thank you r1, the retirement option was a great suggestion. I've stayed up to late already, but will start working on all this asap.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases