The Key to Victory




+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 868

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan

    The Key to Victory

    After winning the Battle at Harkon Manor are heroes find that they were lucky. The small force of Treylor so far from their homeland and supplies, their limited numbers, and no reinforcements, served to help the Harkon forces win the day.

    But what would have happened had this been the true invasion force coming from Treylor? If this force would have had it's own wizards, and reinforcements to help bolster their lines. Those thoughts are scarry ones.

    The Treylor are trained warriors and the elven empire across the mountains is said to be as vast as all the Five Kingdoms put together twice over.

    Then how to stop them? How to win against such an enemy? What is the "Key to Victory"?

    Here in this adventure are heroes will hopefully find out, and save a life in the process.

    LINKS:
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing...ff-war-ic.html
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking...-year-2-a.html
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-...g-off-war.html

    SUB-ADVENTURE:
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing...kon-manor.html
    Last edited by HolyMan; Friday, 7th January, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  2. #2
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    notes placeholder
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  3. #3
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    The men of Harkon have returned home. The battle with the Treylor had ended in victory, but not without a small cost. Five brave men died fulfilling their pledge to their lord. And after they are laid to rest, the villiagers returned to their homes and families happy that the worst is behind them.

    Those not from Harkon, or the villiage of Wey itself find themselves with no home to go to, or family to rejoice with. So they make their way to the wayside tavern near the manor itself. Sitting together (as noone really wants to be alone on a day like this) they all quietly settle around a table and stay lost in their own thoughts until...

    The innkeeper comes out, he had changed his shirt and donned an apron, but the look on his face says he was there he saw what everyone saw.

    "Nothing like a battle to start the day, huh?" he says to the group. "But then it is back to life as normal, Ha,ha! What will you have?"

    OOC
    Currently it is Elms, Darling, and Malaroc sitting around the table. I hope to introduce Cedric in the next 24 hours.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Scratched_back's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North England, UK.
    Posts
    282

    Ignore Scratched_back
    "An ale for me, a large one, a honey-mead for the lady, and..." Elms hesitates, looking over the table at Malaroc "...and whatever my friend here would like, and please keep 'em coming.". As the innkeeper eyes Elms, no doubt attempting to assess his wealth from his attire and struggling, Elms produces a worn leather pouch from inside his jerkin and tosses it up and down in his hand once or twice, numerous coins clinking together. "Don't worry Barkeep, I'm good for it, and by the time I'm done drinking you'll be able to help yourself to the rest of this before you wake me up and kick me out.". The innkeeper smiles and nods and leaves the table to fetch the drinks.

    "So darlin', you made quite an impression setting yourself down in the middle of a battle on a steed like that! What's your tale to tell? I'd tell my own, but I don't think I could beat an appearance like that."

    The innkeeper returns with a tray of drinks. Elms reaches out eagerly with his right hand to collect his mug of ale and greedily gulps two mouthfuls immediately. As he lowers his mug to the table Elms catches the squint of the innkeeper scanning over the brand on the back of his hand. Quickly and self-consciously, Elms switches the mug to his left hand and slides his right hand under the table, feigning an itch in his leg. "Cheers Barkeep, and cheers everyone!" Elms says loudly, lifting his mug with his left hand, his eyes darting left and right to see if either of his companions had noticed.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Sugar_Silk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    103

    Ignore Sugar_Silk
    "It was such a marvelous beast! I must have been awestruck or Fallon would never have gotten me into the saddle. Who knew that old man could conjure such things?" She swallowed a few sips of the sweet brew before her and let a satisfied smile spread across her lips as the warmth of the spirits spread through her chest.

    As she looked back to Elms to thank him for the refreshment, she noticed his eyes dart to the barkeep, and took note as he took his mug by his off hand.

    Darling called a loud "Cheers!" as the rest of the patrons responded to the toast in kind, and her face let nothing slip as she happily touched glasses with her table-mates.

    "I used to work in a tea-house." she began after the noise died down a little, "It was a lovely little place where people would meet and talk business, or just escape from their lives for the night. I used to sing there and help out however I could..." It was clear that the alcohol was beginning to take hold. Darling took another long sip and drained her mead completely. She felt very warm and safe after all of the cold and the dangerous events of the day. She seemed to forget that she'd been talking and went to rest her head adorably on the table like a child too sleepy for her supper.

    http://www.enworld.org/forum/5266288-post73.html

  6. #6
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    Spot
    You saw it, now either a Know(religion) or Bardic knowledge check to see if you know what it is.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778

    Ignore jackslate45
    With a nod, Ern says "Agreed. We need to keep moving, as it might confuse the guards and Wardens"
    Last edited by jackslate45; Saturday, 25th June, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

  8. #8
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    "I'll take us to Elder Dorimir," Tira says turning from the window. "We should be ok to..."

    SHAK-SHAK-BOOM

    A bolt of lightning races from the ground to the sky outside the old palace. Then a firm voice echoes throughout the walls of the palace.

    "Humans, we have you trapped, come out peacefully or we will destroy the building around you."

    Tira gets a frightened look on her face and waits to see what the others will do.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Dragonwriter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern California, US
    Posts
    2,465

    Ignore Dragonwriter
    Jareth is startled by the bolt of lightning outside, then sighs and shrugs. "Well, we have their attention now."

    He looks around at the others, pensive for a few seconds. "You wanted me to decide before, so here's my new decision. We do as they say. Mal, you should take off those gauntlets, if you can. We want to appear non-threatening, or at least without weapons in hand. I suppose I'll start talking with them, unless any of you are rather skilled with words."

    He starts for the old door, waiting for a response and preferably everyone to obviously have their hands away from weapons. If there's a crack in the door, he tries to peek through it to see just how many guards are out there.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778

    Ignore jackslate45
    It figures it comes to this. Us being arrested. At least they want us alive for some reason. Ern shakes her head and starts gathering her equipment. She tries to keep a small wisper, hoping not to be overheard from outside.
    "I agree, we should listen. However, I also feel the fact we have the crown should be revealed soon. I hate doing so, but it could be used to keep us out of jail. That, or the knowledge of Vester's Lair. Those are two key pieces of information that could keep us alive. I vote for Vester's Lair personally. The crown seems too important to reveal right now."

    "As for skillfulness in words, I have enough knowledge of nobles and lying to assist a little, but probably not enough to calm them down."


    Once she got everything ready, her crossbow tied to her backpack, she also gathers by the exit.

    OCC: +4 Diplomacy, no ranks. Also changing speaking color, as it was getting to hard of the eyes.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. That was a close victory, indeed!
    By Thanee in forum General RPG Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Saturday, 16th April, 2005, 11:30 AM
  2. Snatching victory from the jaws of...victory
    By WanderingMonster in forum General RPG Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd March, 2004, 04:05 AM
  3. Here's a way to munchkin your way to victory
    By Edena_of_Neith in forum General RPG Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd July, 2003, 06:51 AM
  4. V for Victory!
    By ErichDragon in forum General RPG Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sunday, 6th April, 2003, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •