The Key to Victory

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Neat! Magic boots!" Aver cries sitting down and pulling off his own to pull the new set on. "Lets see what they do!"

He springs up and tries to see if he can jump any higher than usual, and races back and forth testing his speed, all the while shouting nonsense, and words and phrases in Draconic, Elve, and a few oddments of language he has picked up here and there.

OOC: Going to spend a minute or two trying to UMD the boots, or see an effect. Oh its a 25 for Activate Blindly dang waste of time, can't make that. Let me know if there's a noticable effect otherwise he will keep wearing them for the moment and move onto the other magic containing chest.

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Right let's try the other one!" Aver calls gleefully hurrying over thieves tools in hand.

OOC: Sorry to be taking up so much time here, but I've been told Magic Items are few and far between - and don't worry I'm not considering the boots "claimed" by Aver.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Aver indeed is quicker and has a little more spring in his jumps. ;)

[sblock=OOC] Boots of Striding and Springing [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Oh wow, I'm quicker and bouncier than ever! These are great! See all sorts of useful!" Aver calls happily, before setting to work on the next chest containing magic.

OOC: See my last post for Disable Device Rolls.

Dragonwriter

First Post
When Aver starts his bouncing around (and off the walls), shouting in random languages, Jareth waves everyone out of the room. "I think being underground may be affecting his sanity. Let's all get out of here before he sets something off and gets us all killed."

Jareth takes a few steps out the door, looking back in and watching Aver be overcome by his greed. If he gets killed by that trap, I'm not going to be blaming myself.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"The fool will be dead before we leave this place, if he keeps up this pace. Either way, if I can heal him and keep him alive, then I must."

Mal moves so that the edge of his aura still can affect Aver, calling out, "If something hits you, I can only manage a little healing. If it's too much of a blow, then there is nothing I can do but bury you here. Removing the boots before we do so, of course."

Grinning as he states the comment, Aver is not sure if it is a jest, or simply a fact.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Man after my own heart." Aver responds distractedly, still twiddling various oddly shaped pieces of metal as sweat beads upon his brow. "But I'm not a thief because I'm risk averse. I might die, but I might get treasure. You lot are all warriors of one stripe or another right - soldiers or sommat? The deals pretty much the same, you might die, but they pay you. This is just.... Shorter term."

jackslate45

First Post
Ern shakes her head, and laughs as the enthusiastic Aver continues his lock picking. "If he dies though, we may not be able to find this chest. He was the one that found that door, after all."

However, something was still bothering her. That 'mimic' was set here, as a trap for passers by. Did they know I had not left yet? Nah, they cant have known.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"OW!" Aver cries as he starts picking at the lock. Everyone looks into the room quickly crowding the doorway.

"Nothing think I pricked my finger on a sharp piece of..." the elf starts to say and then falls face first flat onto the cave floor.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases