The Key to Victory

Lughart

First Post
The barmaid arrives with his drinks, and the man moves to the groups table. "No, I've found who and what I'm looking for, but events haven't exactly unfolded how I hoped." He takes a swig of his ale and pushes the spirits to the side. The raven hops down on the table and takes a sip of it. "The fool missed the battle." it shoots in to the groups surprise.

"What he means to say... eh, I mean it's not like... oh why bother? He's right. I came to help, I missed the entire thing." He raises the glass to his face as it grows red.

The raven takes another sip and turns over to Darling. "You're not so bad yourself, miss. The names Far, and this loathsome miscreant is my master, Cedric."

"Oh, don't listen to him." the man says, to noone in particular "Cedric Chindler, at your service, although a tad late. It looks as though it went well without me anyway. Owed in no small part to you three, I'm sure?"

[sblock=OOC] In case theres any confusion, Cedric speaks in red, his familiar speaks in blue[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sugar_Silk

First Post
"You two were bound for the battle? I missed nearly all of it myself, though I can't say I'm too upset about that." Darling cast her glance at Malaroc, "War is always worse than you imagine..." she let her stare linger on him and she felt a twinge of pity, seeing him wrestling with his demons.

"Anyway," She said, shaking off the negativity and putting on her bedroom eyes, "Elms here was just trying to charm me into bed, but he's already promised his coin-purse to the barkeep." Her lip drooped down into a mocking pout and she moved closer toward Elms with an appraising look. "What do you think, Far? Does he seem like my type?"

Lughart

First Post
"Oh yes, a real charmer." The bird was getting quite tipsy. He toppled over the table edge and into his masters lap. "I think you've had enough" Cedric swallowed the rest of Fars drink and washed it down with his own. He layed the bird down on the table using his hat as an improvised bed. Far mumbled "I wish you hundreds of beautiful children" as he was lulled to sleep.

"Can't hold his liqour. Only way to shut him up. After this mornings shocking turn of events I aim to follow him. Another round?"

Scratched_back

First Post
"That bird is quite a thing, Cedric Chindler! I've never known something that can be made into a pie speak so much sense... and an appetite for the strong stuff, too! I like him! I've never heard a raven speak this way though. I've heard 'Caw caw', I've heard 'Hello', when I was Kurkland, I'm sure I heard a merchant's bird called me a 'mierda coño'... you don't want that translating... but I've never heard anything like this little fella!". Elms reaches over the table and gently strokes the sleeping bird with the back of his index finger. "Is he a circus bird, then? Eyeing Cedric's worn clothing and jumping feet-first to the wrong conclusion, Elms continues "You're a traveller? An entertainer? Anyway, another round, aye!".

Turning to Darling and grinning broadly, the ale beginning to take effect now, Elms unfolds the cuff of his sleeve and produced a small red gem worth perhaps four or five gold pieces. "I have coin, or as good as coin, don't you be worrying about that, darlin'. There's more where that came from, scattered around where thieving hands can't pinch them... maybe I'll show you my hiding place later!". With a conspiratorial wink, he puts his arm around Darling's shoulder and tries to catch the attention of another barmaid.

Lughart

First Post
"Oh, he's a clown all right." Not wanting the others to know why he was there anyway, Cedric ignored the misunderstanding.

"But it's not my time to tell tales. Lets hear of the battle! Something interesting must have happened. What did I miss? What should I be glad I missed? Dear barmaid, another round! And something to eat!" He fished out a few silver coins from his pocket and threw them on the table. "And some atmospheric music, if you will humour me!"

[sblock=OOC]I don't mind you taking control of Far once in a while. That goes for the other players as well, as long as they don't have him taking combat actions.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal spies the newcomer, with a talking raven. Intrigued by the talking bird who also has an appetite for alcohol, Elms manages to keep the conversation going. Mal could also see that there was something more to Darling, as Elm's quips seem to have hit home.

Not wanting to portray the battle from his own perspective, he leaves that for the others to talk about, while he brings out his pack near the end of the table. Pulling out the contents that were given to him; the copper scaled platings, some leather straps, rivets and some oils. Not one to waste time, he works on the task given to him by the copper dragon, intent on making sure that should another battle come, he would be a bit more at the ready...

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling was rather enjoying herself. The company here was lively and intelligent, and that beat the hell out of marching with dim-witted soldiers any day. Even this bird held a better conversation than some of the Bear's men. Things were looking up!

She let Elms drape his arm around her to get a better look at the stone he'd revealed. When Cedric called for some music, she clapped her hands together and her fingers flashed a series of well practiced forms. "Voluntas lascivio!" Suddenly there arose a subtle hint of soft and sprightly melody as if some unseen piper were nearby.

"I know it isn't much." She said, gesturing happily to music, "I've been told I've a pleasant voice, though! Maybe I could sing you something?"

[sblock=ooc]
Cast 'Prestidigitation'

Spells per Day
Level 0: [x] [ ]

Hopefully Darling isn't too drunk to sing :p
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scratched_back

First Post
"Blimey, a talking bird from one, an odd healing presence from another..." Elms traced his finger around the now completely healed wound from the earlier battle and threw a narrow-eyed look at the occupied Malaroc further down the table "...and music out of nowhere from another! You are some odd folk that I've fallen in with! Good folk, but odd! I'm beginning to feel a little plain!".

The ale definitely beginning to effect him now, Elms reached for his mug with his previously guarded right hand and after draining it to nothing, let his hand rest palm-down on the table, the still-raw brand showing in dark crimson.

"You want to know about the battle, my new mate Cedric? Let me tell you about the battle! Hundreds of the pointy-eared bastards, there were! Now until today of course, pointy-eared they were, but bastards not necessarily so... but they attacked the Manor, so bastards they now are. You with me? Now I'd been travelling in the region here for a few days and was passing by on my way to g... thanks love!". As Elms pauses to accept another mug of ale from a serving girl, his brain catches up with his mouth just in time to stop him revealing too much. "Anyway I was passing by... and I heard the sounds of battle. Believe me, if you've heard swords and screams once, you don't forget them. I kept to the treeline to see what was going on, quiet as a mouse in a library and sneaky as a snake in the grass, and I see with my own eyes a bloody horde of the afore-mentioned bastards attacking the manor! The locals had set up a barricade of sorts and were holding to it, when I looked there were all sorts there. Not just soldiers, but young lads, old men, maybe only half of 'em soldiers.". Elms again paused to take another long draft of his ale and let his brain think if anyone around the table was close enough to him at the time to see him in battle; they weren't. Bolstered by the alcohol, he continued. "And that's just no good, having young lads like that trying to hold their homes against trained soldiers... so I let 'em have it! I dashed out of the trees and let one of the scum have it straight away! Crack! Down he went! Then I ran back to the barricade and helped the lads hold the line. Quite a bloody day!"

Only then realising that in telling the tale he'd become over excited, leapt to his feet and drawn his shortsword as a prop, Elms looked down at the gleaming metal blade and shrugged "I, err, I cleaned the blade afterwards o'course. Any good soldier does.". Elms breathed closely on one spot of the blade and begin polishing it with his sleeve. Nodding to the other folk in the inn not to panic he offered a toothy grin and sat back down, sheathing the blade. "C'mon then darlin', let's have a song from you!".

Lughart

First Post
"Yes, a song. Something lively, thats what this crew needs." Cedric stands up on his chair and adresses the whole barroom.

"Attention, brave warriors, heroes and folk of good repute! Let's all shut up and enjoy a lovely song from miss, uh, whats your name? Ignore the man with the blade, he's a hero too! Yes, music for the heroes of Harkon!"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal shakes his head. "Heroes don't go around boasting as such... they simply do what they must when the time comes... But yes, a song. One to honor those that did not make it through that battle as easily as Elms here..."

The acidic taste is fresh in his mouth, as he fights back the sense. It was becoming more common, and usually in times of conflict. Perhaps this is yet another gift that will manifest itself at the whim of the dragon's powers.

He continues to work on his gear, intent on finding out just how this mess of items goes together. It was a puzzle, one that the copper dragon had left for him to figure out, when the time was right. He had hoped that the battle would have proved that time was here and now, but it was not to be. Instead he was forced to realize that not everyone could be saved...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases