The Key to Victory

Lughart

First Post
[sblock=OOC]The introduction bit took all weekend, so I hope no one mind me breaking it off.[/sblock]

Cedric decided to play ball. A spellcaster capable of binding together the minds of seven people was a suitable master indeed. He even heard her mention a reward, maybe not to him, but the potential was there. Time to start impressing people.

"That was everyone by my count, unless Elms wants to save face with a more formal greeting.

Emma, before we start risking our necks, can you shed any light on the current situation? Now I'm not entirely sure, but I think the man who arrested Trinham and Jareth was Dellex Kilgrane himself. Why would the second in command of the Kings army come to Harkon to arrest his own soldiers?"

As for the men in the tavern, my raven might be able to send in a small object or two. Is there anything you need? Weapons? A distraction?"

Cedric asked Far to fly around and over the tavern to look for open windows, holes in the wall, or any opening the bird could use to get into the building.

[sblock=Spot]Fars spot: 25

IC seems to love me.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham responds Thanks all the same Cedric.I have managed to get my hands free and I can use my magic, when required. The only thing is it could get a bit noisy, so we may need a distraction for the guards at the door.

Dragonwriter

First Post
"While I appreciate the idea, I have a feeling it would only make things worse. What we need is a group of witnesses who saw us fight in the battle. Then they need to be taken to Vance Valorn, NOT that mage-bastard. Should be easy enough for ones fighting beside me. Just find some of the soldiers on the left flank who fought with Jareth Kyras. Or Lord Kyras... I have no idea how Valorn told them to address me, no matter how many times I've told him I'm not a Lord. If all else fails, just ask about the red-haired young man with the spiked chain."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Let us hear 'Emma' out, for her presence should not go unheeded. Acting rashly may bring about more trouble than we can handle...

Master, why have you gathered us here and what is it that we can do to end this war?"

Mal turns to face the place where he would have run into the dragon again, had he not stopped this time. Not sure if she was still there, or if she had hidden herself, he awaits her response, seeing that the others are intent on freeing his allies from battle.

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Once she had sorted out the voices and everyone's shock wore off, Darling found this mental link a little less painful.

"I agree with Malaroc, and Jareth speaks wisely even under wrongful arrest. I know you're all coiled for a strike, but lets suppose we do release our men from their bonds... it won't matter if the charges are false. Innocent men don't run. If Valorn will hear the truth, then I vote we speak to him, but let us hear Emma's plan first."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
HM's post # 5,000

The female voice gives a rich chuckle at being granted permission to speak. And then after she stops she says, "Yes, yes we will get to forming a plan soon, but first I have a story to tell you. A rather long and old story so you may wish to return to the table and not draw undo attention."

Everyone agrees (I hope) and returns to the small table outside the wayhouse while Trinham and Jareth continue to sit inside. They sit down before each other and wait for Emma to continue.

"Once long ago the woods across the river yonder belonged to a powerful being. A creature if you will of magic, who we will call Vester. He was content and never stirred far from his realm, living peacefully in the forest now call The Farshaw Woods by those who live there now."

"He lived alone for a time and then eventually he like others attracted a following of sorts. This men were for lack of a better word, were brigands and evil. They were pirates who used the river outlet to the ocean as a means to hide from pursuers. They lived in a huge network of caves that riddles the ground below the trees and is said connected to every corner of their realm. They could abandon a ship and hide in the caves, emerging later miles away where another ship laid in wait."

"Vester appluaded these evil men for their cunning and let them dwell in his domian for a share of the spoils. This went on for many years and a second generation became known as Vester's Reavers in some parts of Fanshaw and Norden. The worked the trade routes and this very river here. But eventually that was put to a stop by a band of heroes, heh heh." Again the chuckling starts althought soft and friendly. "Not unlike the group here."

"And although they were nearly wiped out a small group remained to serve Vester and his new lazy attitude. For no one can be idle for years and then exspect to do everything themselves. heh heh. So the lazy Vester kept his following until - what he would call the invasion - the migration of the Nandirly, the wild elves from Treylor."

"They were given the land by the new King of Brolim, for their service in helping him keep his throne. The Battle at the Meadows they called it, more like the Slaughter in Water. Your dwarf friend was their along with his other friends. They were very helpful in preventing the king from falling into a trap, so I heard many months later."

The voice stays silent for a moment and then with a great *sigh* starts again. "I'm sorry that maybe a story for another day, perhaps when you all come back from this little 'errand'."

"Where was I?" She asks herself. "Oh the Nandirly had migrated to the land given to them by the king. Lands only a few knew where held by Vester and his troupe. And of course the presence of a few hundred elves might have indeed looked like an invasion. But the fighting was really one-sided as Vester's Reavers were not many and not as well equipped as the elves."

"Forced to flee, Vester escaped. heh heh. Sorry I am just remembering that day he was like... well it was very funny trust me."

"Vester didn't sit idle after his forced eviction from his home. He started to plot to once agian return to Farshaw. He and his few minions spent the next several years learning all they could about the Nandirly. I don't know what he did during these years I sort of lost track of him."

"When he finally surfaced again it was to I believe make a fake attempt at revenge on the Nandirly city. I say fake because had he wanted... well I don't know what he wanted, but what I learned later was what has led me here to all of you."

"I found out that during the attack Vester had several of his kalamti go back into the network of caves and hide something. Something the Treylor value, something he stole from them, but led the Treylor to believe it was the wild elves. I don't know what it is, only that it is heavy needing several people to lift. I believe the Nandirly don't even know of this and it is forbidden for anyone of us to go to warn them. But it is not forbidden to send heroes on a quest. And that is what I wish of all of you."

"I ask all of you. Will you accompany Mal to the forbidden lands of the Nandirly. To brave the old catacombs of Vester's Reavers. And find that which was stolen from the Treylor, and return it to help stop them from bringing war to all The Five Kingdoms?"

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham has always enjoyed stories, so he listens fascinated to Emma's tale. At the point where she mentions it been forbidden to tell the Nandirly, he can't help but think Who's forbidding that? He then mentally blushes as he realises that he was thinking "aloud". As she finishes her tale and asks for help, he replies I would like to help but I am a solider in the Bear's army and I have given my oath. Also, if I were to escape I would become a fugitive. While this doesn't bother me, Dellex is vindictive enough to go after my parents.

Waiting for the others to response, it occurs to him that Emma appears to have been around an exceptionally long time and he can't help wondering who or what she is.

OOC: Congratulations on the 5k posts

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth scowls, though the only one capable of seeing it is Trinham. "Interesting story, but I don't really care. There is no way I'm just going to run off and fetch this thing because you asked, while I have pressing business elsewhere. Maybe after my own business in Nandirly lands is concluded, I might help, but definitely not before. And even then, I probably won't. I don't want to see this war end so nicely. I want to stand atop piles of Treylor corpses, make them pay for what they did to my family!

"If you want to try returning this thing, be my guest. I won't work against you, but I came here for retribution, not diplomacy."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal only shakes his head slightly when the story ends, and the two respond so quickly. Trinham was indebted to the army, while Jareth was too angered and blinded by revenge to think of anything but war and death. He already knows his choice is laid out before him, yet he did not know how he would accomplish it so easily.

As he was thinking, his hands moved deftly, almost without his noticing what they were doing. He often found himself lost in thought, only to find that his hands often kept busy tinkering with tools, working at fashioning weapons. It started with arrows, then arrowheads, knives and other odds and ends. As he looked down, his head cocked sideways, as he stared down at what was on the table. Unknowingly, he had finished his task, as the recognizable features of a grand gauntlet, perfectly put together, sits there. He picks it up, looking over it, marveling at the intricate straps, the copper plating, and the small spikes mistaken for studs.

Quickly donning the new weapon, he finds that he is able to wield the gauntlet with little ease, almost as if it was fashioned just for him. Then again, who was he kidding. It WAS fashioned just for him.

'It would seem that I have completed your little test, as I have my gift assembled now. Thank you, 'Emma'...."

The word Emma is emphasized, as he looks around the table, smiling as if nothing was amiss. Answering Jareth's thoughts, Mal interrupts...

"Jareth, for each Treylor that you stand atop, with their life gone, how many other innocents will die? How many will you selfishly sacrifice for your own revenge? How many more brothers, sons, daughters and parents will feel the pain of loss? It is your choice. You can move to be blindly guided by revenge towards death of Treylor at the expense of innocents... Or you can honor your loss by preventing it from happening again. One will cause the cycle to continue, to escalate, to overcome all that is good. The other will end the cycle, able to help find peace. I can not say I would not do the same, but my path is chosen... I go to end the war by finding this item and returning it."

Mal stops, thinking on it, as another smile forms. "But there will still be fighting while we are gone. The Treylor will not cease their attacks. They will reform, attack, learn from their mistakes. We will need to hold them off while those that accompany me to the caves work to finish our task. Perhaps your revenge might be sated..."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth seethes at the 'questions' directed at him by this... Malaroc person. Someone he only met today on the battlefield, someone who knows nothing of him. "Selfishly sacrifice? At least I'll be fighting them, putting a stop to it directly, rather than running around a cave, looking for something you don't even know is there! I will do my damndest to stop the Treylor, and this will end, when the Treylor find their casualties are too great to continue this campaign.

"As I thought-spoke, I won't stop you from doing what you think is best. But I've got a life to save, then Treylor to kill. I'll happily hold the lines while you try to find whatever-it-is, and smile when the Treylor fall beneath my chain and magic. If you succeed and stop the war, I won't seek to continue it. But as long as they keep coming, I'll be there to meet them."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases