The Key to Victory

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal's thoughts were interrupted by the woman that he sees now accompanied him. Looking up, he sees that nightfall is still a little bit away, and turns back to her. "Apologies for the bantering earlier, but blinded vengeance is not always a good thing. I know from experience. Jareth might learn, then again, he might not. As for making up time, any help would be appreciated, and perhaps the others will assist. If not, then I guess it's just us? What do you have in mind?"

Mal does his best to treat her equally, even though her choice for attire and beauty do not radiate of the notion that she could fend for herself if need be. But then again, 'Emma' had taught him otherwise...

Lughart

First Post
Cedric still sits waiting by the riverbank. He'll join with Mal and Darling as soon as they are ready to leave.

OOC: I'm ready to skip ahead.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal notes that Cedric is nearby, as he moves over to him as well. "It would seem that it will be us three for now... If everyone is ready, I am ready to get this trek underway."

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling tosses her bag back over her shoulder, and then unfurls the parchment, leaning in to share the content with the others. As they begin to read, she stares off toward the Manor.

[sblock= parchment]
"To any of my subjects and soldiers,

treat the bearer of this letter with utmost respect and aid her by any means necessary, under penalty of severe punishment.

Signed,
Lord Bairan Doovan"
[/sblock]

"The release of a few minor soldiers should be nothing once I establish myself as an agent of the Bear. We can release the prisoners, acquire all the needed supplies and give ourselves time to achieve our goals."

Darling smiled with satisfaction to herself for a moment before rolling up the document and starting off down the road.

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
"But... I mean, is this true? How can you... This is great, but..."

Cedric takes a second to collect himself. "Is that document real, and where did you get it?" He leans in closer and whispers. "Are you a spy?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"I would also ask to know will this Lord Baron Doovan have any sway on those in charge here? If not, then this would not work to our favor. If they DO hold Lord Baron Doovan as an authority, then by all means, let's free the prisoners and get on our way."

At the mention of being a spy, Mal turns to Darling, wondering what exactly her response would be. A spy would not be too out of place, considering her attire and mannerisms. She could get places most could not...

Lughart

First Post
"Not baron Doovan, Mal. Bairan Doovan. The Bear. The king." The last part is almost a whisper.

"Just don't go to Dellex with it. If what the others said about him is true, I think it would be better just to dazzle his underlings." Not about to order a royal servant around, he adds "Of course, you decide."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Knowledge Nobility DC0]

Lord Bairan Doovan is not king of Pesh, but one of the king's lords of the land with a small (not quite yet) barony. He is however in charge of the army currently and pretty much Jareth and Trinham's superior in every way. Dellex is supposed to be second in command of the army and is known to work alongside the king of Pesh (Haspen I think his name is not to sure right now). And the Bear is at this moment at Harkon Manor.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Lora]
"Dat be'n a nuffs frum use," Martomum's voice says as he opens the door. Lora doesn't know whether to be pleased or not that the dwarf has finally showed at her door, and then behind him comes Dellex. (Not pleased then.)

Dellex takes charge before the dwarf can speak up again. "Yes lieutenant," he says keeping an eye on Lora's reactions. "You are dismissed."

Arthur salutes and hesitates but a moment before turning to leave his shoulders slumped like he is forlorn.

Lora stands in the room alone with the dwarf and the wizard and watches as Martomum comes to stand in front of her facing his old companion. "Now ye 'erd an ye know dat toes I takes in ta the wood be no traitors." he says crossing his arms, "Wat is all dis real-ees 'bout mage?" he asks as if not exspecting an answer.

"Not here Martomum," Dellex says in near a whisper. "And I do hate repeating things, so come along both of you." The change in tone and attitude are really surprising. But the wizard leaves them no time to argue as he turns and heads out the door.

In the hall you hear voices lifted in greeting as Lord Bairan and his entourage are being presented to Lord Vir. Odd that Dellex is not there, but thinking that is where you are going you are surprised when he leads you out of Harkon Manor.

"Not 'nother step I be takin' till I's knows 'ere we be go'in." Martomum says stopping suddenly and Lora almost runs into him.

"We are going to see the last two members of your company we haven't talked to yet," Dellex replies. "You do wish for them to be free as well do you not."

"Wat of Cluede?" Martomum asks. "Ye did no free 'em."

"He is still suspect," Dellex sighs. "Did two people not testify that he stayed behind where the Treylor were know to be.Stayed alone? And came back unharmed? No he will need further questioning."

"Bear be not a stone throws away an'in ye wants ta go all dae way out dere?" Martomum asks suspicously. "Wat ye be up to?"

"What I am always up to Martomum, the safety of our kingdom, and of perhaps are future king. Now let's hurry I should be other places doing a hundred other things." Dellex continues on silently and swiftly.

"Bah!" Martomum says to Dellex's retreating back. " 'Ike Bear wanna do sumetin 'ike be'n king." The dwarf follows silently and soon the three are entering the wayside inn in the small villiage outside of Harkon. Lora still confused and stunned over Arthur follows without a word. That looks to change when she sees Trinham and Jareth still bound and under guard. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases