The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Emma doesn't interrupt as everyone thought-speaks, but her presence can still be felt. That is everyone but Elms, who sits with a look of disbelieve on his face. And finally he speaks out, "I don't want to be sayin' your tale be false Emma. But I have it on good authority that the way to stop these here Treylor is by finding a person that lives in these here parts. A half-elf by the name of Tharivol."

"Oh really," Emma thinks slightly amused. "Who is this Tharivol then? Some lackey of Vester's who may know where the item is? And do you know why the Treylor will not invade should you find him?"

Elms looks alittle uneased by the direct questions. "Will I'm not to sure on all that. I was just planin' on findin' 'em and taking him back to Siere. I didn't think to much on what it all meant."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth's eyes go wide in shock. "Why do you seek Tharivol?" The question comes sharply, like an arrow shot from Jareth's mind. "And why do you need to take him anywhere?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Not that it be no never minds to me, but why do you care Jareth?" Elms asks questioningly. "You know something about him being able to stop this war?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Hell if I know if he can stop the war. I just know he's facing a death sentence for... helping me, several years ago. He's the one I plan to save, but it won't be so you can haul him away elsewhere. And that's more pressing to me than any sojourn into a cave for something that I'm not quite willing to believe exists."

Scratched_back

First Post
"A death sentence? That sounds like some strange 'help' that you received. Not that it's your business, but as you may have a stake in this, I'm here to retrieve him, protect him and usher him back safely into the arms of... my employer. I won't see him put to death. It sounds like the information I was given is a little out of date, though. What say you and I work together, Jareth?"

Elms looks around at the faces of his new colleagues, still uneasy communicating in this odd way.

"I saw you out on the battlefield today. I could use a travelling partner with talents like yours. Hell, I was going to break you out of your little prison without this little revelation, ask Cedric and Darling. Come with me. I give you my word as a guarantee on his safety."

[sblock=OOC]Cheers for the step-in, HM. I'm back on the ball now and there's nothing on the horizon to get in the way.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Those talents you mention... Tharivol is the one who taught me how to do all those things. And today's battle was not a good representation of what I can do. But in teaching me, he violated the Nandirly laws. Apparently, they found out only recently and are going to conduct a farce of a trial and have him executed.

"No offense, but I'd rather not have help. I already have one person going with me, getting me to Tharivol, and more numbers means more chance of getting caught before I get to him. If I get him back, and you want to take him away, you'll have to convince him. And if you fail to convince him, I doubt there's much you can do to change his mind.

"Now we need someone to go talk with Martomum, assuming you can understand his gibbering, and someone to find the soldiers and peasants who fought beside us. As I said before, they need to be taken to Vance Valorn. He's an arrogant, loud noble's brat, but he has a rather strong sense of honor. And his elder brother, the Baron, isn't likely to be cowed by Dellex, unless magic is involved."

Scratched_back

First Post
"Jareth, my new pal, my words were as much a courtesy as an offer. Let me make myself clear. I am going after Tharivol, wherever he is and whoever he's with, I'm going. If we go together, that would my best case scenario. If I go alone, then I'm prepared. This isn't the first time I've done this, besides I've walked what feels like a hundred damn miles, I don't intend to give up because you don't want a chat as you walk. If you choose to go without me, I'll be there anyway, you just won't see me. Who else seeks this man? You said you already had one person coming along..."

There is a short pause as Elms considers his statement and studies the faces of Cedric and Darling, suddenly remembering that despite their earlier companionship and revelry, no serious business had been mentioned.

"He's an arrogant bastard, this one!" Elms says aloud, chuckling.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"If you are already set on going than I hope you will add helping Malaroc find the stole item from the Treylor." Emma says to Elms. "Since you will be in dangerous lands together I will allow him to help you for your word that you in turn will help him." There is a pause and she adds, "And you young Jareth if you promise to help Malaroc then he will help you it seems most of you are after the same goal it should be easy to add another one that is just as important. And I must admit I am intrigued by this news that this Tharivol may somehow be helpful in stopping the invading Treylor."

[sblock=OOC] Glad you are (Scratched_) back. LOL [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
"And let me make myself clear, Elms. Firstly, knowing each others' names is hardly reason to call one another friend. You can go after him, but I don't know you and have little reason to trust you, and the extra liability and difficulty in having another person along is a hindrance. The other person going with me is... my half-sister. She said she knows a way to safely get to him and maybe get him free.

"And to you, Emma, I have no intention of helping your servant on this errand. Running around a cave, looking for something big is a waste of time Tharivol does not have. They plan to have the trial soon, so I have a time limit. I was supposed to leave tomorrow. I suppose if it doesn't take me out of my way, I can lend a hand to Malaroc, but I won't make an effort that derails me from saving Tharivol's life."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Oh saving a life is one of the most important things someone can ever do." Emma's voice taking on an oddly serious note. Far from her former jovial speaking that is for sure, giving the statement weight that she sincerely believes it to be true.

"Malaroc and the other's should help you first," she continues. "And after, you should all seek out what Vester stole. And the more looking the faster it will be that you all will find it."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases