The Key to Victory - Page 10


What's on your mind?

  1. #91
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    "Tsk... tsk... tsk... Young Jareth," Emma says in his thoughts. "You weren't listing to the story. About how Vester's Reavers used the catacombs to escape pursuit. How they could enter a cave on this side of Vester's Realm and end up miles away."

    The feeling of the voice seems to have lost some of it's cheerfulness as it continues. "I offered you a way through the lands unmolested and hands to help you free this Tharivol, all you needed do is agree to in return is help Malaroc. Before, after it makes little difference as it will take time to search and the more searchers the faster it should be. But you wish to go your own way, so be it. I can respect that although it doesn't help either of us. And you need my help more than you know."

    "But you may sit there and wait for your Martomum to free you, if he can and, then allow you to go into the elven lands, if he will. While I help Malaroc and those who chose to go with him across the river tonight, and they will be well on there way to seek what Vester stole and I think to also free this Tharivol."

    Emma is silent a moment.

    "Yes now that I think on it, Malaroc please take whoever goes with you and free this Tharivol first. He may be helpful in finding the artifact and you need to start somewhere."

    Then a chuckling is heard by all those who are linked together, it grows and turns into laughter and when it is finished Emma says through more chuckling, "A race it is then, first one to Tharivol wins. Ready...set...go!"

    The laughter becomes grand and everyone can hear the sounds (outside their heads) of something large rolling around on the ground not far from the wayhouse.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #92
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Lughart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lughart
    My communities:

    "Fine. I'll help Mal free Tharivol first. But I suspect Jareth might try to kill me if he gets the chance."

    Cedric sighs and starts walking slowly towards the river. If he arrives before the others decide on anything, he'll sit down near the riverbank and wait. He never unpacked his things after he arrived in Harkon, and aside being quite dirty and unkempt, he is ready to leave.

    When he gets a moment to himself, Cedric fills Far in on what has happened.
    My games
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/5337408-post79.html

  • #93
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fangor the Fierce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,231
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Fangor the Fierce
    My communities:

    At the childish words of Jareth, Mal simply chuckles. "I see what you mean by childish, Emma... He is not ready, as it would seem. A little quiet time might do him some good."

    As Emma speaks to the rest, eventually turning the circumstance into a race, he can only nod, knowing how much of a trickster she really was. Perhaps this was her plan all along, for he had seen how a rivalry could motivate people into action. This was such the occasion, it would seem.

    "I fought beside you. I bled with you. I healed you without questioning. I offered my aid to you without question. You call me naive, yet even so, you are so naive to think that saving one man is worth more than a chance to save hundreds, if not thousands. I wonder what Tharivol would choose. Hmmm, I guess I will just have to go find out! I do not need your luck, as I see how it has done you so well, Jareth."

    With that, Mal rises, his gear already gathered, and turns to look at the group assembled. Choosing to speak instead of using his thoughts, he says, "I leave at nightfall. Those that choose to accompany me are welcome, for it will be a hard and troubled road. If not, then good fortune to you and it was an honor to meet you all."

    Turning to leave, he walks away into the night, wondering if Emma had any parting words for his ears only. "Emma?" he thinks, wondering if the bond was broken with the others.
    Last edited by Fangor the Fierce; Friday, 1st October, 2010 at 07:22 AM.

  • #94
    Lora's reply III
    The girl looked at Arthur, wondering why was he so easy to trust a man such as Dellex. "Brother, you know you can trust me. I have no proof, but I think Delex has a deeper agenda then ending the war. I think he already has taken up Lord Bairan's duties and it is a matter of time before he is Lord himself. The step from Lord to King is not so impossible to perceive. - she spoke with a calm tone, even though emotions raged on the inside. It was time to grow up and use her intellect for more then the memorization of cantrips - The Reygurian is my subordinate - a good man, pious and full of stubborn chivalry. He is a Paladin and i have witnessed the holy energies granted to him by his God. As such I think that whatever his objectives are, he believes to be doing good deeds. I have seen no halos of good around Dellex for sure. You... You go ahead and keep your head on your shoulders. I'll manage to get away on my own."

    Then the thought entered her mind - farm boy? From Harkon? That was Aidan! "Wait, one more thing. That farm boy - is he dark skinned and does he talk with a country accent?"

    The girl paused and sat on the bed, thinking about Dellex, Aidan, Arthur and the whole bloody mess with the Treylor. So her captor was a powerful enough Wizard to teleport people against their will? It would prove difficult if the situation required his death. She had to find herself a scroll of Antimagic Field, and prepare for the worst just in case. "By the way, in case you have forgotten, you were a farm boy not but a year ago." Lora remarked with a snide tone.
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/5106416-post66.html

  • #95
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,609
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ghostcat
    My communities:

    Emma's sarcastic comment about waiting for Martomum to free him made Trinham realise two things. Firstly, he needs to carefully consider his options but not until he could think in private. Secondly, Emma sounded like a spoilt child who's parents wouldn't do what she wanted. This thought, which he made no attempt to hide from the link, prompted the additionally though that nearly all the people with power over others that he had met acted like this.

    Thinking allowed, Trinham addresses the others "Seeing has I am stuck here for the moment. Can one of you speak to Martomum for me and see if he has any advice?"

    Trinham's Ruminations
    Once the link has been broken, Trinham start seriously considering his alternatives. In the end it still boils down to the two alternatives he considered earlier. Either he escapes and risk his parents being harmed or stays and risks being executed. As to which way to go, Trinham thinks it all boils down to Dellex's personality. The way he reads it, Dellex currently considers Trinham beneath is notice and thus he is only collateral damage. As such he may be able to get off. On the other hand, escaping will definitely annoy Dellex and he is likely to become vindictive. At last, it seems a decision has been made. Unless Martomum orders him otherwise, he will stay for the trial.

  • #96
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Lughart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    309
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lughart
    My communities:

    Cedric sends Far out to look for a short but broad man with a big nose and an enormous beard. If he finds him, he is to ask the man if his name is Martomum Stonebreaker, and if he could spare some time to talk to Fars master or one his friends about Trinham Woods. He is then to report back to Cedric.

    Spot
    Fars spot: 15 or 25 if I can take 20.
    My games
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/5337408-post79.html

  • #97
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Lora
    "Huh? Dark skinned, yes he was... how did?" Arthur starts to say then sees the look in Lora's eye. "Oh," he says coughing. "He was well and off to save his father I think at least that's the story I heard. ANd you shouldn't say things like that about Lord Dellex he is a powerful man and trying to do what's best for all the Five Kingdoms."

    Arthur gets a serious look on his face, a look Lora had only ever seen on her father's face but then again Arthur was growing up. "You sure you know nothing then, anything you might have heard or seen. I could... well I don't know what, but it could be helpful."
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #98
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    As the group gathers itself together and readies to head for the river they all notice the spell that was binding there thoughts is gone. The only one still in contact with "Emma" is Malaroc.

    The sound of galloping horses slowly fills the air as a group of riders enters the viliage and just as quickly gallops through and over the bridge to Harkon. The leader of the horseman was a broad shouldered man with a black beard and flowing white cloak. The other riders all wear the blue cloaks of the soilders of Lord Bairan's army. A banner man carries a long pole with the symbol of the blue bear proudly showed for all to see.

    Malaroc
    "Make for a spot about a hundred yards north of the keep. There is a small cospe of trees you can wait in, and a surprise for you as well." The dragon says mirth plain in her words as normal.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #99
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fangor the Fierce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,231
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Fangor the Fierce
    My communities:

    HM
    "Then pray that some of them follow. Otherwise, I would hope you are not sending me to the lions den. And if so, then hopefully I will be wearing a new pelt soon. As for your recent task, I have completed the gauntlets, and they are marvelous. Thank you.."

    Mal then makes his way to the river, examining the guards, their rotation, as well as the best spots to move unseen. He will take his time, making sure that he can pass unnoticed...

  • #100
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Sugar_Silk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    103
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Sugar_Silk
    Darling went quiet during the argument. She could tell these strong wills had no reason to hear her words or trust her judgment. Rather than draw out the process she remained silent. The prospect of unknown treasure worth starting a war over intrigued her, but it was too early to play that hand. When Malaroc started moving toward the river, she went along with them and once they had assembled she moved to speak.

    "Now that our thoughts are our own,"
    Darling gave a pained little smirk "I'd like to the Manor and speak with the Lord."

    She produces a rolled piece of parchment and taps it knowingly to her temple.

    "I think I have an ace up my sleeve that might tip the scales in our favor and maybe make up for time wasted trading words with Jareth."

    Her eyes began beaming with excitement and maybe a hint of mischief.
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/5266288-post73.html

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 10 of 87 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. That was a close victory, indeed!
      By Thanee in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 20
      Last Post: Saturday, 16th April, 2005, 12:30 PM
    2. Snatching victory from the jaws of...victory
      By WanderingMonster in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd March, 2004, 05:05 AM
    3. Here's a way to munchkin your way to victory
      By Edena_of_Neith in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd July, 2003, 07:51 AM
    4. V for Victory!
      By ErichDragon in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Sunday, 6th April, 2003, 11:34 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •