The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Trinham and Jareth both are unsure about the amount of time that has passed from their capture till the weird conversation, till the time the door to the wayside inn opens for the first time. They do know it hasn't been to long but since they have not had anything to eat or drink it seems like forever and a day.

The door opens and the first person to enter is Dellex, followed by Martomum and then of all people Lora.

Dellex takes command of the situation immediately and has the two prisoners untied and then some bread, cheese, and water brought to them, and Lora. While they eat he paces back and forth impatiently.

Martomum speaks up, after finding a tapped keg and pouring himself a drink, he seems overly content. "Well we be 'ere. All who wents on dae Spider's Path but dems ye said no be needed."

"Hmm, yes how that would have solved alot of things," Dellex mutters. "But enough of that. I am sure there is some sort of conspiracy going on here, but have no proof as of yet. You are all free to go back to the irregulars camp, in fact I order you to return tonight in all haste. And not leave till I have proof of your innocence or... otherwise."

"Wat's?" Martomum says almost spilling his drink. "Ye be in a hurry to be rid o'us, whys?"

"I am merely trying to find out why there was a Reygurian in the camp of our enemy. Obviously he was leading the Treylor here. How do you explain the maps we found and the fact that this force made it so far across the Five Kingdoms undetected. The Treylor have no knowledge of these lands. So until I know whether he was a mercenary or involved in some other plot. I will not leave any possiblities to chance."

[sblock=OOC] Ok a little insight, Dellex is acting impatient to say the least. Like he wants to hurry this along and get back to whatever. And when he said "involved in some other plot" you get the feeling that whatever this might be he is taking personally like it is aimed against him.

Things to remember:

1) Vance's father was killed by Reygurians, not assassins but men he spoke to and didn't give them what they wanted and then they killed him.
So Reygurians have been in these parts before.
2) Vance said that the Treylor where coming to attack the Nandirly and that humans were just in the way.
3) Dellex mentioned something about "his mission". And this whole time Bear's army has been headed to Harkon even before they discovered that the Treylor were also. Way back when Martomum was complaining about heading in the wrong direction.
4) Martomum was told to take Jareth on his mission through the Spider's Path, but never really why.

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=low lvl group]
:p

You all find a cospe of trees to hide in why you wait for the sun to set. Malaroc finds what was left for him by "Emma" and just shakes his head in confusion as it must be another riddle. [/sblock]

[sblock=items] A small silver feather crafted in great detail. And two paddles (made of wood) they also have been carved to resemble feathers. [/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Some day, she'll be more upfront with me... but not today..." is all he can mutter, as he takes note of the items. He inspects them closely, knowing nothing with his master is at it ever seems.

"Once the sun has set, we will cross the river. If we can stop this war before more blinded vigilantes are created, then the better..."

Turning to Cedric and Darling, he wonders just what is in store for the trio...

"While we wait, perhaps it's best if we got to know a bit more of each other? I am Mal. I am a weapon smith by trade, yet have recently found myself learning that there is a larger ordeal going on in these lands. I have been trained, and am still in training by 'Emma' and am beholden to her for saving me not so long ago."

He turns, gazing out through the copse of trees to the skies. "She has given me a chance to become more than a mere pawn in this life, and that is why I am here. As you can see, she has magic, as well as the ability to see things from a larger scope. She also grants me powers, of which you will soon come to see. And of course, she is a tester of my wits, always giving me tasks, but no instructions."

He motions to the items left to him, then to his copper scaled gauntlets. "These are the last test she gave me, and as you can see, they will come in handy. I am trained in melee fighting, and look to use speed instead of strength. I also am given the ability by Emma to provide some basic healing when times are tough. Just stick close to me, and not too far, for my powers are limited to those close by."

Turning to Cedric and Darling, he then asks the woman, who he has NOT seen in battle, "And what are your skills?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth snorts as he drinks a little, not trusting food given by Dellex. “The only conspiracy involving us, sir, is the one you have imagined and arranged against us. You wanted to know if we had fought against the Treylor, so ask the other people who were there. Or question us with divination magic. This isn’t as difficult as you seem to want to make it.”

The young man rids himself of his thirst and stands, rolling his shoulders. “Now where are my possessions? Or did you sell them for a little extra coin, like the lying whore-mage you are?”

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham looks up when the door opens. Initially he is uneasy when he sees Dellex come in. But quickly calms as he sees firstly Martomum and then Lora enter. Rubbing his wrists where the bounds where, even though he had loosened them, he is please that he is actually been fed. His stomach thought his throat had been cut. Muttering a brief thanks to whoever brings the food, he pretends to be totally engaged in eating, although he is actual carefully listening to the interchange between Dellex and Martomum.

When Jareth started is tirade, Trinham flinches involuntarily and his body language says "I'm not with him." as he continued to concentrate on his food.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora kept her tongue when Mart and Dellex came in her room, not without effort of course, but with Arthur's safety in mind. Chopping off a negligent guard's head was not beyond the likes of Dellex.

While they were walking, she signaled her brother, their special sign only they knew from back when they were little, showing him she's thinking of a way to get them out of this mess.

All of Lora's rage had disappeared in the calmness of her calculating mind, which was then abruptly torn to shreds by dear red haired Jareth.

Such taunts would provoke naught but a punishment, and if Dellex could "whisk them back" as Arthur had put it "Honestly he has had a sister as a Witch's apprentice for years yet he can't tell a Mage's Hand from a Mirror Image." the Wizardress thought to herself.

So if Dellex could use such high mobility magic it meant he knew his way around a spellbook. Which meant everyone in the room was in danger if Jareth stepped on his tail too heavily.

"Quiet Jareth! - Lora snapped and gave him a "Please!" look with her dark blue eyes, careful not to give it away to Dellex. - Great machinations are taking place and you are not to question a Wizard's intellect. We are all unharmed and whatever this farce was there is a deeper motive behind it."

She then turned towards the purple grabbed mage and attempted to sound sincere. She was, for the most part. She did not want her brother fried to a crisp. "Lord Dellex, we have fought for the safety of the common folk in Harkon, and Claude was there alongside us. He plunged arrow after arrow in Treylor men and I am certain he is a holy Paladin, albeit a very narrow minded one. Perhaps questioning him with magic would prove his innocence beyond a doubt? I am sure that a scroll or two can be found by Vance's court Wizard. There might be other Reygirians here, asking around the village for men of such appearance could give some details as well. Also, if the Treylor were attacking the Nanderly, why would they burn that village to the ground? There is more than meets the eye here."

Thump, thump, thump - Lora's heart was beating vigorously. In essence, she was proposing what Jareth had already, but in a way that would not get them killed. The girl managed to ignore Arthur - she did not want their secret out in the open.

Still the girl put the "obtain Antimagic Field" agenda a bit higher on her list. Dellex had no noble blood in him - the moment he lost his arcane magic and had a fist in his teeth, he would be undone.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] My connection has been giving me troubles here at the house today, so I need to post this now that I have some access. I wish Borders was open 24hrs :p, then it would be no worries. [/sblock]

To quick to be seen Dellex's hands suddenly hold an amber rod and small piece of fur in them. Tiny sparks of electricity dance around his hands and...

Lora speaks up,"Quiet Jareth!"

Just as Martomum roars, "DELLEX!!" the dwarf's cup spilling as he rises.

The wizard shakes his head as if coming out of a daze and only half listens to Lora as she continues to speak. He places the ruined components on a table and walks to where a pitcher of water sits and pours himself a cup.

"Nows ye made me spill dis an'a ye know there not be much ale in these 'ere parts." Martomum says as he refills his mug. "I'd blames ye and yuir viperish tonuge Jarrth, wuild it not be that ye are half 'ight. Buts fur nows keep it in ye mouth."

Settling down the dwarf takes a drink and stares at the mage. Dellex looks a little shakin as if he had lost a little of the self control he shows to the world. Martomum shakes his head and asks, "Ye said ye ciuld use a groups fur ye mission, mage. An'a I told ye dees greenies be able tae do whatever ye ask o' them, now wats ye be need'n. An'a fur gets a sendin' us back tae camp."

The wizard takes a long look at the dwarf and everyone sits in silence a moment. Standing, once again in control (of at least himself) the wizard takes stock of those before him. "My mission," he pauses.

"The mission I was givin by King Haspen, and the orders I gave to Bairan are for us to open up negotiations with the Nandirly. Specificly for us to ask for their help in the up coming conflict and..." Dellex stops and looks Jareth straight in the eye. "And we thought that perhaps Tharivol would make a good liason between man and elf. That is why we marched the army to Harkon Manor." Dellex turns his gaze away to study Lora for a moment. "The Treylor have come deep into the Five Kingdoms and although I don't know why yet. We have prisoners to help find answers to those questions and I believe that the poor destroyed villiage was just in the way. They killed every person just to make sure that no one knew they were here. Had we not found that helment, it might have worked."

Turning to the lounging dwarf he asks, "Are you sure these people are capable of following orders? Are they loyal to The Five Kingdoms and King Haspen of Pesh? Do you as their commander take it upon yourself to vouch for their actions and should they prove otherwise... will you submit yourself for punishment?"

"Aye," the dwarf says before taking another drink.

"Then I charge you Martomum Stonebreaker, and your irregulars. To find Tharivol of Harkon. It seems he is not here and I haven't the time for a mundane search. Should your search prove fruitless I will use what powers I have to find him myself. Now I have been from the court to long if you will excuze me..." Dellex turns to go and Jareth looks about to ask again about his gear, the dwarf shakes his head, but the wizard speaks without turning around.

"Your gear will be returned to all of you." Turning he fixes Jareth with a cold stare. "Everything that is except your weapon Kyras. You have insulted a superior and you must be punished in some way." He starts to leave and again speaks without turning, as he opens the door.

"Besides I am doing you a favor. If there are any Bon'Dradi secertly about they would kill you without mercy, for possessing a mojaer-tal." With that the wizard leaves taking the guards with him.

ghostcat

First Post
As Dellex closes the door behind him, Trinham lets his breath out in an audible "pffew" and finishes his drink in a single swig. "Wow. That was a bit tense." he says in an obvious understatement.

Lowering his voice, he says "Martomum, Lora. there are things you need to know. But lets wait until we are well away from here. Walls have ears." In an action that is unusually for the usually retiring man, Trinham give Jareth a icy stare and hopes that the hot-head has the sense to keep quite.

Dragonwriter

First Post
"The only thing that man is superior to is horse manure. Maybe," Jareth snarls as Dellex leaves. "And I will enjoy the day I see him lying in a pool of his own blood."

He rolls his shoulders and cracks his knuckles. "When do we leave?" he asks simply, not even noticing Trinham's gaze.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"We's nay be leavin' ye be the uns hat to do dis on ye own. I's need tae go talk to dae 'nolls afore dae do sumtin stupid. Just'n ask abouts, tis Tarvold be'n bout sum where's he lives in dees parts last times we been 'ere." Martomum says and then downs the tankard and gets up to leave.

"An'a watch who ye curse at less ye like a bolt up yer arse, greenie." he says heading for the door. Turning he says, "If'n ye don't 'ind out anytin go tae Fallon, he be wit dae army an's dats were'n I's will be."

With that Martomum leaves the three irregulars alone.

Less than twenty minutes later a blue cloaked guard comes to give them back their belongings. As Dellex had said everything is there but Jareth's spiked chain. The sun is near to setting by the time everyone is eventually ready.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases