The Key to Victory

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham gives Dellex and his guards time to get clear before he checks up on Moggins. The cat is asleep in a tree about a mile away. Trinham reluctantly wakes him up and gets him to approach the wayhouse. At the same time he tries to get him to check if anyone is lurking nearby.

Answering Jareth, Trinham says "I have a feeling that as far as wanting to see Dellex dead, we will be in a very long queue." Trinham laps into silence, daydreaming about killing Dellex. Shortly afterward Martomum leave and Trinham says to Jareth "Well Jareth. Are you still planning to go off with your sister or are you coming with Lora and I?"

Finally Dellex delivers on his promise to return their equipment and Trinham careful checks to find if anything his missing. Fortunately its all there but his sword is in a sorry state as it has not been cleaned since the battle. Deciding that its more important to leave here as soon as possible, he makes a mental note to take care of it as soon as possible. Still he can just hear Martomum balling him out and calling him a Greenies. for not taking care of his weapons properly.

[sblock=Assuming Mogins Reports No One is Near the Wayhouse]Trinham casts Detect Magic and carefully checks round to see if anyone is scrying them.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Trinhams subsequent actions are dependent on nobody spying on us. But the "if then's" are starting to stack too high, so I'll wait for HM to respond.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth looks at Trinham, a dumbfounded expression on his face. "Are you serious? Did you not hear a single word said in the last half-hour? We were just tasked to find Tharivol, the man I had planned to save anyway. I may not like where the order comes from, but I had intentions to do so with or without orders. I'll talk with Tira and see what she thinks, but I'll accept you helping on this over those other people. I may not have much reason for you, but it's better than the almost-nonexistent reason I have for them," he finishes with a snort.

"But before anything else, I'll need to talk with Vance, the Baron or Fallon about getting replacement weapons."

Lughart

First Post
As the girl seems reluctant to answer, Cedric takes the word.

"I am Cedric Chindler, and my powers are my own. All that I've gained in life, and all I've lost, is due to my own actions and ambition.

My profession is keeping books, but it seems like decades since I last put quill to paper for that purpose. Numbers is a field I have abandoned. My interest now lie in the arcane, in occult mysteries, in magical formulae and theory put into practice. My search for this knowledge has brought me much pain and sorrow, but I will never abandon it, not if my life was at stake. It is my drug, my love and my only companion, and the reason I keep trudging through this wretched existence."

Cedrics gaze seems to have drifted off into the distance as he spoke.

"My magical abilities are still in their infancy, but could be of use to you should push come to shove. Having buried my nose in books for the better part of my life has also left me with some useful knowledge about a few topics, and could prove useful in all matter of strange situations. I hope I'll be a help on this expedition. I hope I learn new things to be applied in my studies, and when it is all done, I hope you'll have me along again some day."

Having unveiled a little more about himself that he intended, he looks down and pets his raven, before turning his attention to Darling.

"Come on girl, it's your turn. Everyone else has shared."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ghostcat] Moggins only sees one person near the wayhouse and you get the feeling of someone taking a nap under a window very much cat like. Detect magic reveals nothing but the little bit that comes from the groups equipment. [/sblock]

[sblock=Wayhouse group] By Martomum and Dellex's actions it is safe to assume that they both don't know that Tharivol is in elvish hands.

And Jareth would get from Tira's statements that entering the elvish forest is dangerous so you really can't just row over in the middle of the day. I figure Jareth is smart enough to figure that early morning or dark of night is the best time to cross. Note: there are no boats of any kind around Harkon Manor [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group only a quarter of a mile from the wayhouse sit and talk from the protection of the trees. The sun has finally fallen below the horizon and the sky though still alight is slowly growing dark.

Then Malaroc looks like he is listening to something.

[sblock=Malaroc] "Prepare everyone when it is dark those at the castle will be busy and you will have your chance to cross. Just toss the little feather in the water. I can not enter Vester's Realm, so please be careful Mal." the dragon says with affection in her voice. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] River crossing tommorrow after XP, then camping. [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
As soon as Moggins reports the "sleeping" man, Trinham attempts to warn the others by putting his finger to his lips, pointing to his ear and pointing to the window. Before doing anything else he attempts to appease Jareth without giving anything away to the listener. "Sorry Jareth. Glad to have you with us. You just seemed determine to find Tharivol without our help that's all. Now I understand, its that you simply don't trust people you have just met." stressing the word FIND. "As for finding replacement weapons, we cleared the manor's armoury out before the battle, so you will probably be better off trying Fallon"

Donning his gear Trinham says, "I for one am sick of this place, what say we get out of here." He then instructs Moggins to keep an eye on the sleeper as the group move out.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Malaroc twirls the metallic feather between his fingers and says to the others, "Be ready we are leaving when it is dark."

Darling looks surprised. "Really shouldn't we try to free the others first or at least look for Elms. I wonder where he got to?" she says holding the parchment in hand still.

"Him? or his gems?" Cedric asks with a sly grin. "Ah, you know it's been awhile since we have found a shiny," Far says ruffling his feathers.

"Shh. You have no nest to put anything shiny in." Cedric scolds the loud bird.

"Still, I'm going to search. Wait for me as long as you can, we three just can't go." Darling says hefting her pack and starting back for the manor the sky a light purple but soon will be full dark.

Malaroc shrugs he has his instructions and knows that his master will be upset if he should try and change them, but still a little more help. He leaves the thought unspoken.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry I took liberties but I am pushing this through I really wish I had more knowledge of your characters. I will do Far better in the future LOL. And I found out that soon I will have to start talking for Moggins so that should be fun. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the three irregulars leave the wayhouse they notice Moggins making his way towards them. The cat gives Trinham a feeling of "oh well I lost him" as the warrior mage looks around for this "sleeping man".

The sky is dark and lanterns light the outside tables but most of the celebrators are gone. As they start to discuss either going to the manor or the army a roar interupts the quiet of the evening. The beastial growl is echoed by a second and then a third. A horn sounds from the direction of the manor and you hear a cry go out.

"To Arms! To Arms! It's the Hydra!"

Lora grabs her glavie and shouts over her shoulder, "Come on you two!" as she heads towards Harkon.

Trinham and Jareth both take only half a step before they stop. Feeling the presence once more of Emma in their heads. Then they hear the female voice as if from a distance.

"Your last chance to easily cross the river. The boat is about a quarter mile north and you can make it if you hurry. Any elves on the otherside will be watching the spectacle and those of Harkon will be busy as well." Then the voice and presence are gone.

Elsewhere...

Up by the trees Malaroc and Cedric hear the roars and then people screaming coming from Harkon. Looking towards the manor from the trees the two see lights from torch fires set about the manor. They illuminate an evil sight, four snake like necks with huge dragon-like heads sprout from a massive body. The huge beast pulls itself up onto the bridge leading to Harkon as the heads roar and arrows fly.

"Distraction indeed," Malaroc mutters heading to the river with the feather in hand.

Myth and Legend

First Post
The Wizard had prepared spells for combating this monster, thankfully she knew of a way to make it disappear without allowing it to harm anyone. The polearm in her hands felt useless - fighting this thing in melee was utterly pointless. "Distract it for a few seconds, I might be able to kill this thing with a bit of preparation." she directed with her breath running out as she ran.

[sblock]Initative or anything like that?[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth scowls as he looks at Lora and her presumptuous orders. “Oh, is this where the vaunted wizardly intellect comes in? Let the men-at-arms and the soldiers deal with it. I’m not about to play unarmed distraction just for you to twiddle your fingers. There are plenty of other people here capable of handling the damn thing, so let them.” Jareth doesn’t make a move to get nearer the commotion of the hydra.

He looks at Trinham as “Emma” intrudes on his mind once more. “Possible some of the weapons have been placed back in there, with the end of the battle. And with the hydra in the way, I’ll check the manor’s armory first. And try to find Tira… Maybe get out of here tonight, maybe tomorrow morning.”

Remove ads