The Key to Victory

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora gave Jareth a fiery look over her shoulder as she continued. "Certainly more intellect then you possess, or would you rather spend your days chained up in a cell, or better yet - as pile of ashes fertilizing the countryside?"

The girl smirked and continued with a dismissive tone: "You were the first to retreat last time we met this monster, I am not surprised you are doing so again. Fleeing seems to be the preferred choice of battle for you. Unless you are confronting powerful Wizards with armies at their command, then you are strangely brave! What i don't understand is why you even fought the Treylor if the people here are of no concern to you."

Dragonwriter

First Post
"And the preferred choice for you, it seems, is lording your supposedly-superior knowledge over everyone around you. I fled from the hydra last time because we were outmatched and could not handle it. That is still the case. The manor has repulsed the hydra before, and can do so again, without our assistance. And I'm not going to attempt fighting it without a weapon!

"As for the people, I don't give a damn about them. I care about the Treylor. I want to kill as many Treylor as I can,"
Jareth says, simply and coldly.

"And for a wizard, you have a hard time understanding much of anything. Back there with Dellex, I was trying to get a rise out of him and it worked. My insults got a crack in his facade. If I've made myself a target, it'll be worth it to keep him focused on me and diverting his attention from messing with everyone else. Maybe with that, someone can stop his scheming. Or did you not think of that, oh mighty wizard?" the young man finishes with a sarcastic bow.

Lughart

First Post
Cedric goes pale and tries his best to ignore the beast. "Might I inquire as to what you are holding?" He asks, pointing to Mals feather and digging through his memory. Having spent years cataloging magical curiosities, he thought he might recognize this one.

[sblock=OOC]Knowledge Arcana to see if Cedric recognizes the feather: 9

I think I know exactly what it is, but sadly, Cedric does not.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Initially following Lora, Trinham comes to a sudden stop as Emma's thoughts impinge on his mind. Once she breaks the connection, he is just about to ask Jareth his opinion on taking Emma's boat, when Jareth's response indicated that he has not changed his plans one iota. This gave Trinham a bit of a dilema. He doesn't like Lora much, even if she does make a passable leader, and he is quite happy to leave her behind. Jareth is another matter. He obviously needs help. It is also obvious that he doesn't want it. In the end Trinham decides it would be stupid for the two of them to go it alone when they could go as a group. "I'm sorry Jareth. I know we have only just met most of the others but there is safety in numbers. Especially going through hostile territory. So I am going to catch Emma's boat. Its up to you whether you come with us or nor. With that, Trinham moves rapidly towards where Emma indicated the boat is.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora's brow thickened as she halted. "Who in bloody hell is Emma? Anyway it seems everyone has their own opinion, which is fine, but not caring for the people? What are you, a lad with milk around the corners of his mouth? Are you so bitter that you would forsake men in peril? And your plan to rise Dellex's ire almost killed others alongside yourself. - Lora was careful not to let any information on her brother slip trough her words. - now if lacking a weapon is your problem here, catch! - the girl threw the glaive at the scrawny red haired lad, not blade first naturally, but cross sided so that he could grab the shaft. - Trinham do you have any spells left for the day? With a bit of luck i can take this beast out, it should not be very intelligent, and i have prepared two Rays of Stupidity that will fry what little sapience it possesses."

[sblock]HP:20/20

0 level: Daze, Light, Message, Dancing Lights
1 level: Shield, Mage Armor, Benign Transposition x 2
2 level: Glitterdust, Ray of Stupidity x 2[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth scowls darkly. "And your envenomed tongue? What of that? Much good it's done you, eh? I've already lost everything I cared about, so I stopped caring and won't give a damn if anyone else is lost!"

The young man takes a breath and steadies himself, as he catches the glaive. He contemptuously tosses it back. "Keep it. I don't use such weapons. If you have such a wondrous plan for stopping the hydra, feel free to use it. But I'm not going to bother. Not when your lover can handle it just fine," he finishes, spitting on the ground.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Lora pucked her lips in anger and keeled her head to the side. "My envenomed tongue hasn't killed me yet, at the very least. And I'm not sure if you are expressing interest in what i do as a woman to men, but I haven't had a lover - she hissed the word out. - yet! - The girl caught her weapon back and mounted it on her shoulder. - Vance is a puffy, air headed buffoon who let the tales of heroic princes get to his pea sized brain. He is useful as a face for the people to follow, and maybe as someone to lift heavy things. I would not trust him with fighting that thing single handedly. Although the Hydra might find his head too valorous for it's taste!"

The Wizard mocked that last part, but stared at Trinham. "Are you coming at least? And what is that talk of an Emma and a boat? Have you known one of the servant girls?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal shakes his head, and turns to Cedric. "This," he says, showing the feather and dropping to float down to the river, "is our way out."

No sooner did he finish then the water rippled at the mere touch of the feather, replaced by a boat that could easily hold them. It's intricate design was similar to other he had seen, as the runes reminded him of his own markings. More of 'Emma's' doing, no doubt.

"Come, let us be on our way. Emma will not allow the Hydra to wreck havoc on the city unguarded. It will be dealt with, but its presence is merely here to allow us safe escape."

With that, he hands Cedric one of the leaf shaped oars, as he boards the boat and begins to paddle away...

Lughart

First Post
"How qaint!" Cedric says, genuinely impressed. He grabs the other oar and is about to start paddling when he sees Trinham moving towards them. "Seems we have company. Do you know this fellow?"

[sblock=OOC]Maybe a little presumptious, but I felt like giving ghostcat a chance to join us. I can change it if you had planned something else.

Also, Dragonwriter, that's supervillain talk![/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth snorts, rolls his eyes and walks away from Lora, heading for the manor instead of the bridge. The young man walks with purpose, eyes ablaze as he goes. Now, to get replacement weapons, find Tira and get the hell out of here! To blazes with that petty woman and the pudgy sorcerer!

[sblock=OOC]
Heading for the manor's armory first, then go into the manor itself and find Tira.
[/sblock]

Remove ads