The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Shar os si Paer," Tira says with a shiver. "That leads to the Ways of the Dead." She turns back to face down Malaroc. "I don't understand. Are you saying Jareth had the oppurtinuity to come here with you to save Tharivol and he declined? Why? I thought he wanted to save Tharivol more than anything." she stares off at the manor.

Without looking away form the cold stone building she says in a serious tone to Malaroc. "Move a quarter of a mile inland and you will have a patrol on you in minutes. Move another half mile and they will have had time to have a second patrol set an ambush for you somewhere along your path. If you chose to go, then you best make peace with the gods, for you feet will not step further than a mile from where you stand."

"The only way for you to reach Tirol and save Tharivol is that way." she says pointing to the dark passage. "But then you would probably spend ten years or more wandering those caverns before you came near Tirol, without my help."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Jareth is bent on revenge and bloodlust. He is blinded by anger. He moves to save Tharivol, but only in a way that would kill as many Treylor as he can. We have a possibility to end the war with little bloodshed, yet he denies that possibility so that he can spill us much blood as possible. If you call him friend, then I pity you. We offered to aid him, yet he refused our aid and envenomed words were all he could spit. Said he did not want anyone to help, only to find you and seek out Tharivol."

Gazing down the passage, then out to the woods, he grins. "You would have us wait for a misguided miscreant that does not attempt to listen to reason? You would rather us travel with him among our ranks which will only give us one recourse for action against the Treylor if and when we meet up with them? He only wants to spill their blood!"

Shaking his head, Mal turns to the passage, peering into its depths. "No! If these passages lead to Tharivols' rescue, then I will travel them. If you care to free him with us, then guide us. Jareth is strong willed, but misguided. I am not a killer by nature, but I will defend my own, not seek out ways to murder. I will not travel with one such as that. If you are like that, then our paths end here. If you want to save Tharivol, as well as end this war with less bloodshed, then guide us now. Or ignore our offer to aid, as he did. Be our killer, for you had the opportunity to save us here and now. Jareth will not be able to leave until tomorrow at the earliest, yet we can reach Tharivol and rescue him that much sooner. Do you want to take that chance? To give Tharivols captors more time to finish their deeds?"

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham doesn't want to spoil Mal and Cedric's bluff but he also doesn't want to ruin the rapport he has managed to establish with Tira. So he just keeps quite and waits to see what happens.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Please just give him one more hour," Tira says to Malaroc with a pleading look. "If he doesn't show I will gladly take all of you through the Ways to save Tharivol."

"Please, just one hour."

[sblock=OOC] And if you are following in OtW you will know that Jareth doesn't make it. But perhaps someone else does...

Sorry this is a short update but I need to be at work at 5 and I am waiting on AFg's description. BTW gear check is everyone ready for a week long trip in a dark cave? maybe a post about that is in order.[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Interesting Aver thought watching the scene below, a branch dug painfully into his thigh and his left index finger was being savaged by a soldier ant, but on the whole this spot had turned out to be most informative.

Below him with stealth skills that put even his spry master to shame Furkiss darted into action - arch criminal extraordinaire and astonishing frequently the answered to baffled worthies question "How the hell did they get in there?" The rat secreted himself close to the party ready to follow their trail should they depart before Aver had figured out exactly what he was going to do about it.

Oh good the ant had friends its nice to think we live in a world where everyone has friends. I hate my life. The elven bastard thought with his characteristic cheer as several dozen of the insects began savaging his tender digits.

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham turns and smiles at Mal, saying "Well Mal, it's your decision. But I say give Tira the hour she needs. We can fill her in on your mistress' mission while we wait. By the way, you still haven't told us who or what your mistress actual is."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal shrugs, turning back to Tira. "We will give you one hour. If Jareth does make his way here, and is still intent on ignoring any aid, then you will see that our words are true. He is ignorant, and should he insist on being tunnel visioned, then I will not have him at my side, for he will bring trouble and death to those around him."

That being said, Mal moves a little closer to the entrance, gazing over to the horizon, wondering what was going on with the people in the manor. Sighing, he turns to the others. "It is not safe to speak out in the open. She has already warned us that others are out and about. Perhaps when we are in the tunnels, we can speak more freely about Emma and her request."

ghostcat

First Post
Moggins

Moggins is up a tree watching his master talk to what looks like a female of his species. But something is not right, although she looks and acted like a female, there is just something odd about her, it just that Moggins is not sure what. Still his master seemed to know what he is doing.

Eventually his master and his friends get bored with all this talking and they all moved off. Moggins stealthily follows, keeping as close as he can while making sure that none of the humans spot him. The humans stop in a cave and start more of their incessant chatter. Still Moggins has work to do and leaves the humans to it as he quietly circles the cave entrance, checking that there is no-one else around. Not seeing anyone, Moggins comes back to the front of the cave. There he spots a convenient tree from which he can keep watch while having the odd cat nap.

Moggins climbs the tree and has just started moving slowly along the branch when he suddenly smells a nice juicy rat mixed in with another smell with which he is not unfamiliar. However, Moggins ignores this unfamiliar smell as he concentrates on creeping up on the rat. Moggins is shocked when he steps on something that feels like a leg. He thinks it may be human but is not sure as he suddenly remembers the strange smell. Meowing with shock, Moggins leaps from the branch, runs to his master and leaps into his arms.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases