The Key to Victory

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Ah, well that went swimmingly. Aver thought sourly before letting out a small unfortunately high pitched yelp of pain as a tiny set of ant mandibles clamped down upon his thumb and tumbling out of his tree and landing in an ungainly heap upon the ground.

"Ouch, ah crap." Shooting the cat a venemous glance he lifts his hands and rises slowly. "Well not quite the entrance I had envisaged, but then life does like to continually kick Averillian Quintharian is the balls. Which is me by the way, Aver for short. I happened to notice your group, and being an old acquaintance of Tira's decided to stick my oar in. Tira I'm only sad to see you because it means I've found myself back here in the thrice cursed elven lands, otherwise nice to see you again."

Aver is obviously elven, tall, just over six feet, dressed in a vivid purple shirt, blue trousers, and red leather boots which are all muddy, this garish array is tempered by a grey brown cloak. While he fits the general description of his race he seems a crude caricature lacking the beauty and grace his people are famed for.

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
Cedric jumps with fright and hits his head on the cave ceiling. He desperately grabs his crossbow and loads it. "Don't even think about it, barbarian!" Realizing the newcomer isn't even threatening them he lowers the weapon, takes a deep breath and collects himself. He looks at the elf suspiciously, not aiming at him but keeping the crossbow ready. "Good evening Aver. My name is Cedric, and this is Mal and Trinham. Now give me a reason not to fire this."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Well red and purple is a terribly gauche combination, you would not want to commit a fashion faux paux. And secondly, well I'm a handy fellow to have around I can pick locks, disarm traps, sneak - when the universe does not conspire against me in the most spectacularly unfair fashion - and even cast a few cantrips. Besides how many heavily armed bands would you just waltz up to, a little scouting was simple prudence surely? I've offered you no harm, and frankly could offer you no harm." Aver offers with a shrug, as a rat hurries over to him scuttling up to perch on his shoulder and glower at the group.

"Ah, and this is Furkiss, master criminal and rodent gigolo extraordinaire."

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
"I see I'm going to like you." Cedric says drily. "Tira, he seems to know you. Your approval could prevent a crime of fasion here. If you can forgive the gruesome pun."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Aver gives Tira a lopsided grin, "Ah, I apologized about that thing with the bucket of frog spawn - remember? It was intended for Master Gelinium, you wouldn't hold a grudge against a bastard would you - I blame my parents pretty much exclusively..."

On the elf's shoulder Furkiss rolls his beady eyes.

ghostcat

First Post
Although Trinham is aware that something is up from the way Moggins leap out of the tree and jumps on him. he just isn't sure what. So he is surprised when an elf follows Moggins. Still not quite sure what's going on, after all Moggins is usually very careful not to be detected, he continues to stare at the elf while holding the cat in his arms. On seeing the rat it dawned on him what has happened, especially with Moggins struggling to get down. Hanging on tight he says "So that's what happened Moggins. You were so intent on catching Furkiss you got careless. Well I'm afraid that he is Mister Quintharian's familiar and therefore off limits." Turning to the elf he says "This is Moggins. I'm sorry he disturbed you but he has this thing about caching rats and tends to get distracted. I'd watch your familiar though, Mogins has been know to conveniently forget his orders where rodents are concerned."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal kept his cool, noting that Cedric seemed to have the situation under control. He was armed as well, but a little less obvious, as he awaits Tira's response.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Aver how did you... I mean weren't you in..." Tira tries saying while watching the woods all about the cave entrance. "Get in here before you call attention to us!" she says through clenched teeth.

As Aver joins the others inside the cave entrance Tira keeps watch. Now she watches the woods as much as the water, but not much more.

The group then waits until the hour is close to being up. Tira sighs and looks away from the water. "He only has another ten minutes," she sighs. "Pack yourselves up, we leave in ten minutes. Oh and I haven't forgiven you for that gross prank so I hope you brought enough food and water for a week long trek in the Ways, I only brought enough for two." she says to Aver turning her back on him and watching the water for some sign of Jareth.

_

Lughart

First Post
As Tira was the one who stressed the danger of the woods in the first place, Cedric calms down a bit when she invites Aver in with them. He keeps his crossbow loaded, but pays more attention to the cave entrance than their new companion. "About that. I'm not sure we're all prepared for a weeks trek through a cave. I knew we'd be travelling, but a week without a chance to reprovision? I wish we'd been told about this sooner. To make it work I'm afraid we have to acuire more supplies before we venture forth."

Remove ads