The Key to Victory

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"I have enough for two days myself. We can find sustenance within the tunnels, perhaps. Perhaps the cat and mouse can alert us to possible food sources as well within the tunnels. Either way, I don't think that wasting more time is prudent. Yes, we need food, but I think we can survive on what we find."

Turning to the newcomer, Mal sizes him up, asking, "Do your skills allow for some survival instincts for food as well? Or anyone, for that matter?"

ghostcat

First Post
"Well I'd just been released, when I had to make an instant decision as to come with you or stay. So no time to get supplies."

"As far as Moggins is concerned, he's a fair hunter. As long as you don't mind a diet of rats and mice."

Lughart

First Post
"I've lived on worse. I just hope there is enough resources down there to feed us when the rations run out. I too was thrown into this without much warning or many expectations. I have nothing but the water I'm carrying. What say you, Tira? Is there enough wildlife to hunt down there? Or perhaps edible mushrooms?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"No one has been through the heart of the Ways in many years," Tira states keeping an eye on the water and building. "I have never gone more than half a mile inside any entrance, but I do know how to navigate them."

"Those who expolred them years ago left glyphs for anyone to follow. And they will lead us to Tirol. Since Aver is here and he seems to have nothing better to do," she adds with a frown. "If we truly need supplies or if gathering slows us down to much, we could detour around for some. Aver could go to a village and recieve some. But we need to be in Tirol within two weeks or it will be to late."

She turns from the river and picks up the pack at her feet. "He's not coming then." She states more than asks. "And I hope he is all right."

[sblock=OOC] If my evil DM plan works he will be alright but not happy, :p can't say anything he might be lurking *looks over shoulder*

As for all of you marching order please. [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham rummages through his backpack, checking to make sure that he hasn't any touches. Although he is convinced that he doesn't have any. Much to his suprise he finds a single touch. "I don't mind taking rear guard." she says "But I hope someone has got a reliable light source. I've got one torch and its not going to last us very long."

Lughart

First Post
"I have a lamp and some oil. To conserve the oil we could use it to make torches instead of just lighting it. I don't mind carrying the torch if you feel like having weapons at the ready, but if so I should be in the groups middle."

Cedric tries to sound helpful, hoping he has concealed his great desire to be as far away from actual combat as possible.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Light your torch then, and follow me," Tira says. Obviously she is upset that Jareth didn't show and wishes to be on her way. She starts towards the dark passage and the unknown challenges it holds.

[sblock=OOC] Marching order and then we will have some fun rolling survival checks. :p [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham hands his torch to Cedric and then waits for the others to follow Tira before joining at the back.

[sblock=Marching Order]Order so far:
Tira-X-Cedric-Y-Trinham.
Just waiting for Mal and Aver to choose a position.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Survival (+0). I think we are going to see a much slimmer Trinham after this :)[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal quickly follows Tira, taking the second spot in the march down the tunnels. His aura flashes briefly, washing over the others as he tries to give them a little protection, should they come under attack. (Energy Shield, just in case, will be up until further notice)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group follows a Tira and soon are lost hours later in the twisting turning passages that are called The Ways of the Dead. Tira seems to know where she is going though and never second guessing taking one corridor over another when more than one is presented.

During the travel the torch spudders out but the group makes a few more but it is certain that they will not be able to do this for a week or more. To conserve there oil the group starts burning whatever they can find as they move through the Ways and there is lots to find...

The Ways of the Dead is like a series of natural caves and tunnels contented to another series of man made "rooms" and corridors. It looks like in the past someone had lived within these rooms from the items scattered about. The group sees as they pass broken crockery, rusty weapons, and other useless items that tell of a "lived in" look along time ago. Even most of the connecting caverns have been tooled to make it easier for someone to travel. Steps have been dug out of the rocks or hand holds and spikes afixed to a wall.

But everything is old and more than useless, and Tira doesn't slow down enough to give anyone time to search, until...

"Let's take a rest and some lunch." she says when the group reaches a man made room dug out of a natural corridor. The rectangular room is full of cobwebed covered corners and pieces of wood, that once could have been crates or barrels.

The tunnel the group had been following now branches into three others, two natural and one man-made. Tira stands before all three looking at them. The first time in hours that she seems undecided.

Remove ads