The Key to Victory

ghostcat

First Post
Up to this point, Moggins has been ridding on his master's backpack. Once they stop to rest, Moggins jumps off while Trinham takes his backpack off and looks round for something to sit on.

Meanwhile Moggins starts to sniff around the room and the three tunnels; hunting.

[sblock=Moggins OOC]What skill check do you need for Moggins' hunting. [/sblock]

Lughart

First Post
Far leaps from Cedrics hat, kicking it askew as he takes to the air. He follows Moggins to help spot bugs and spiders, and hopefully provide their masters with something to eat as well.

[sblock=OOC]I assume the skill would be Survival. Since there probably isn't enough wildlife for both familiars to hunt effectvely, Far will use his time to aid Moggins instead of rolling his own checks.[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal takes in the tunnels, as well as the newfound companions. Recently, he had been starved for other contact than his master. Now, he found himself continuously meeting new people that seemed to band together for reasons unknown before.

Taking a look around, Mal tries to spot anything that could be used as sustenance, as he wonders what else these new people will surprise him with.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Well this sucks balls, hey?" Aver says conversationally. "I like your human phrases, earthy, roll off the tongue." He has carefully maintained a position at the rear of the group for most of the journey coming forward only if something suspicious presented itself.

He pulls open his pack and stares mournfully at the dried detritus that makes up his trail rations. "Anyway baggsy last to get eaten, I've got longer left to live than you lot. Though I vote we start cannibalism before I have to eat this."

Furkiss unperturbed sets to the trail rations with gusto, still shooting Moggins a look that encompasses both wariness and murderous intent.

After half heartedly picking at his rations Aver rises and searches the room, on the off chance that forgotten riches or fiendish traps lay in wait, but more to alleviate his boredom than with any real hope.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Moggins the Great Hunter] Note that to use the Survival skill you only get to move half your movement as you travel which Tira isn't allowing right now. But I don't wish for the great rolls to go to waste. So if anyone wants Moggins found something to help... I offer the following.[/sblock]

Moggins and Far don't range to far from the group. And when they fnd an old door fallen from it's hinges along time ago Trinham watches as the cat pounces on something. Far sends up a squak wings a flurry of black as he flaps them standing next to the cat. "Got it! Got it!" the bird calls.

Trinham moves over but Moggins has already devoured whatever "it" was. The cat gives Trinham a look and then starts pawing at the door.

"More! More! I bet there's more!" Far says hopping about.

Trinham takes a hold of the door and lifts it to see what could be under it, almost knowing ahead of time what he will find.

"Yep, nothing but grubs," Trinham says almost in disgust. Under the door is a large offering of worms, bettles, and other not so easily identifiable things that crawl in the dirt.

Moggins and Far hurry to start feasting on their grand find.

[sblock=Aver] Nothing of interest even though Aver found a covered niche in one wall, but whatever was stored there is long gone. [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Although currently revolted at the thought of eating grubs, Trinham can foresee a time when they will look delicious. He considers collecting some but as that means emptying his water out he decides against it and leaves the two familiars to their meal.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"We might need to teach them how to scout for more tastier treats. I am sure those will be fine later on, when our own rations run out. As for now, I have had worse; and no, I will not describe it."

Mal kneels, looking over the grubs and worms while faint images float through his mind. They race past, as he shudders at them, shaking off his past as it tries to take him over. He reaches out, taking a few of the grubs in his hand and tossing one each to the two familiars. Then, he tosses the remaining grubs into his mouth and begins to chew....

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Tira grimaces as she watches Malaroc eat the grub. Blancing she says to everyone, "Well that decides it then. Come on wwe are going this way."

She hefts here pack and heads down one of the two corridors. That evening she explains a little about the passages and her decision.

"I was thinking of getting us to Tirol by the fastest route, but down here that can be hard to figure out. These caves haven't been explored in almost a hundred years, but when they were a group would mark an exit with the names of all the places that each tunnel led to. So all you need to do was know where you wanted to go and could follow the glyphs."

She sighs as whe wish it were that easy. "But back there in the room we found the bugs in, each tunnel had a gylph for Tirol. And one had a gylph for Gerthian and Dermeian also. The other just Dermeian. So although going one way seemed the quickest it all I guess depends on where a group entered the ways in the first place. But that doesn't matter we only have enough food for everyone for two more days and eating bugs is not an option I care to think about." she shudders again at the thought.

"So I am almost glad to see Aver here he can go with me into Dermeian when we get close and help bring back supplies. Not the quickest route of the two but needed."

The rest of the evening is spent in quist talk and Tira shows everyone the glyphs and what they mean so if any of you are to get lost you will be able to get back on the right path. The evening is quiet with no trouble and in the morning you head out again.

For another two days you travel deeper into the Ways, and are glad for Tira's information about the glyph's since they reassure everyone about being on the right path. When you come to another area with multiply tunnels leading off it Tira freeze's as she looks about. "Someone's been here. Look." she says pointing to a small firepit that looks only a day or so old.

Searching the room the tell-tale signs are a large group probably eight to ten people in it stayed here.

"The Nandirly don't travel the Ways, what is going on here?" Tira asks in wonder.

[sblock=OOC] Listen checks please [/sblock]

Last edited:

Lughart

First Post
If they come across more grubs Cedric will not object to eating them. He has liven on garbage and filth in his more desperate years, and has eaten worse things than a few bugs.

Remove ads